Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2008 Challenger and pricing!! Let the Wars begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007 | 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

I'm buying one, those things look sick and i like them!!
Old 12-08-2007 | 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

No thanks, I just dont see the big deal on this car, its heavy over priced and its just a mirror image of the 70's challenger.....and the aftermarket on the modern HEMI's is terrible right now.

From a design point, re making a legendary muscle car has to reflect the past and the FUTURE , and the new chevy camaro has accomplished that.
Old 12-09-2007 | 06:25 AM
12 Second Club

new challenger > new camaro. in my opinion. They both look good but, I like the Mopar better. The aftermarket for the hemi is fine now they have everything they do for the Ls motors.
Old 12-09-2007 | 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMmexican
No thanks, I just dont see the big deal on this car, its heavy over priced and its just a mirror image of the 70's challenger.....and the aftermarket on the modern HEMI's is terrible right now.

From a design point, re making a legendary muscle car has to reflect the past and the FUTURE , and the new chevy camaro has accomplished that.
To be perfectly honest, Mopar V8's never have and never will match the aftermarket support that a comparable Chevrolet engine usually gets. It's always been like that, so the aftermarket support they have right now is actually pretty good.
Old 12-09-2007 | 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
new challenger > new camaro. in my opinion. They both look good but, I like the Mopar better. The aftermarket for the hemi is fine now they have everything they do for the Ls motors.
its heavier slower and it looks exactly the same as the old one, the designers didnt even try 2 give it a modern look.....no way we have way more cam,head, selection and from what i understand the new hemi tuning software sucks
Old 12-09-2007 | 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, people have started to line up for 60K for the car.

Too bad you could now pick up a used C6Z and have significantly more performance for that price.

It's just like the Shelby SuperUberAmerican GT350-500 KR Stage 3 edition, it prices itself into stupidity with the dealer surcharges, and leaves the actual enthusiasts out in the cold.
Old 12-09-2007 | 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

its heavier slower and it looks exactly the same as the old one, the designers didnt even try 2 give it a modern look.....no way we have way more cam,head, selection and from what i understand the new hemi tuning software sucks
I have seen some pretty sick H/C hemi's but that's not the point.... the reason I like it and most others do is that its NOT a GM or a FORD muscle car which you can see tons of on the road right now, its something different and it stands out

heavier and slower?? than the 2009 camaro?? your comparing it to a car that hasn't been put into production yet? too bad this car is coming out a year earlier and will be sporting a new power plant when the new camaro comes out... try not bashing it and be happy that another AMERICAN muscle car era is beginning
Old 12-09-2007 | 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OKcruising
Well, people have started to line up for 60K for the car.

Too bad you could now pick up a used C6Z and have significantly more performance for that price.

It's just like the Shelby SuperUberAmerican GT350-500 KR Stage 3 edition, it prices itself into stupidity with the dealer surcharges, and leaves the actual enthusiasts out in the cold.
Try 5k over msrp..But yes some have paid that much unfournately

ChaseSS, couldnt have said it better.
Old 12-09-2007 | 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
I have seen some pretty sick H/C hemi's but that's not the point....
doesnt really matter if you cant get a full tune out of it because of the software

heavier and slower?? than the 2009 camaro?? your comparing it to a car that hasn't been put into production yet? too bad this car is coming out a year earlier and will be sporting a new power plant when the new camaro comes out... try not bashing it and be happy that another AMERICAN muscle car era is beginning
heavier and slower than the last camaros, and probably heavier than the new one.....like someone said earlier i could pick up a c6, thats lighter faster and has more potential for about the same price
Old 12-09-2007 | 09:48 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

doesnt really matter if you cant get a full tune out of it because of the software

heavier and slower than the last camaros, and probably heavier than the new one.....like someone said earlier i could pick up a c6, thats lighter faster and has more potential for about the same price
But what if YOU LIKE/WANT the Challenger more.

Believe it or not,it's not ALWAYS about HP and handling.If it was,then people should just slap a frame together stick in a BIG motor with some wheels and call it a day...it would be MUCH cheaper than buying a Challenger or a C6,C5,Camaro,Trans Am...etc..

Don't get me wrong,HP and ***** are very important ingredients of the whole "Muscle Car Stew",but it's not just about that...

Unfortunately Mustang has proven that over the years by outselling us and outliving the F-Bodies.

I see the new one looking just like the old Challengers as a big PLUS in my book.And I'm more than certain I am not alone on that.It's a style that never gets old.

Not trying to start anything man...I just don't understand the hate for it that you seem to have.But I guess thats is also just a matter of personal choice heh?

Just my $00.02
Old 12-09-2007 | 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MJK
But what if YOU LIKE/WANT the Challenger more.

Believe it or not,it's not ALWAYS about HP and handling.If it was,then people should just slap a frame together stick in a BIG motor with some wheels and call it a day...it would be MUCH cheaper than buying a Challenger or a C6,C5,Camaro,Trans Am...etc..

Don't get me wrong,HP and ***** are very important ingredients of the whole "Muscle Car Stew",but it's not just about that...

Unfortunately Mustang has proven that over the years by outselling us and outliving the F-Bodies.

I see the new one looking just like the old Challengers as a big PLUS in my book.And I'm more than certain I am not alone on that.It's a style that never gets old.

Not trying to start anything man...I just don't understand the hate for it that you seem to have.But I guess thats is also just a matter of personal choice heh?

Just my $00.02
you just contradicted yourself with the mustang analogy.......it sells because theres so many options that appeal to more people(v6,gt,roush,saleen,mach1,shelby,cobra) a cheap nice looking base v6 or a good platform for going fast and the mustang after market is 4 times as big as the lsx aftermarket.......just take a look at any mustang magazine, its like 500 pages with about 6 different kind of superchargers alone....
Old 12-09-2007 | 10:39 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

you just contradicted yourself with the mustang analogy.......it sells because theres so many options that appeal to more people(v6,gt,roush,saleen,mach1,shelby,cobra) a cheap nice looking base v6 or a good platform for going fast and the mustang after market is 4 times as big as the lsx aftermarket.......just take a look at any mustang magazine, its like 500 pages with about 6 different kind of superchargers alone....
How so?

"Don't get me wrong,HP and ***** are very important ingredients of the whole "Muscle Car Stew",but it's not just about that...As in people don't just buy what is the fastest car which seems to be your primary concern by bringing up the possible weight issue with the Challenger.

Unfortunately Mustang has proven that over the years by outselling us and outliving the F-Bodies." You seem to be just restating what I said in this statement.

Unfortunately Ford proved with the Mustang that is not just about who has the faster car.It's about which car people LIKE more.

Maybe it came across wrong or was misunderstood but,to break it down.

You seem to think that someone should buy a Vette just because it would run you cost about as much as the Challenger but be faster.

I think that nobody should base thier opinion on what car to get solely on what is faster.They should buy the car because they like it.

Thats when I used the Mustang example.Mustang almost always being the slower car vs F-Bodies (stock for stock) still outsold the F-Bodies.Why?Because when it came down to it,more people LIKED the Mustang (wether V6,GT,Cobra..etc).

So my opinion is that you shouldn't base your purchase on wether you are getting the fastest car but the car YOU WANT.
Old 12-10-2007 | 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

if it was HP for the $ no one would buy any exotic..... LIKE I SAID BEFORE you can see a C6/mustang/even our beloved 4th gen f bodies every time you make a left turn, SRT Challengers will be more of a head turner than even C6's again thats my opinion but that makes sense why people will pay extra $$$ for them, they are not your run-of-the-mill fords and gm's
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the only 2 options for a mustang were- v6 or gt, can u imagine how bad sales would be?.....kinda like only having to choose between a v6 f-body and a z28/ss
Old 12-10-2007 | 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a nice car... not 40k nice!
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

If the only 2 options for a mustang were- v6 or gt, can u imagine how bad sales would be?.....kinda like only having to choose between a v6 f-body and a z28/ss

Didnt they sell more v6's
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98_WS6
Didnt they sell more v6's
Overall, yes, but the ratio of V8's to V6's as far as sales go was considerably changed from the previous bodystyle. Many more V8's were sold this time around than last, whereas the amount of V6 sales has pretty much stayed constant, bar the "sprint" in '05 to get the new bodystyle at any cost by pretty boys and daddies girls...
Old 12-12-2007 | 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

I love the fact that it looks like the old one. Why make something different if people want what you have? Unfortunetly i wasn't around the first time but i will be this time. I love the new Challenger and have always liked Mopar cars. As for this is my opinion. But who cares who's car is faster stock? Who plans on keeping there car that way? How can you say which is going to be faster the Camaro is not out yet. I have been whooped by a CAI and exhaust 4000lb+ SRT8 300C and i run 12.9-13.1 on motor all day at 109+ and he pulled me by two cars from 50-150 and he did it in style with two passengers.
Old 12-13-2007 | 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
I love the fact that it looks like the old one. Why make something different if people want what you have? Unfortunetly i wasn't around the first time but i will be this time. I love the new Challenger and have always liked Mopar cars. As for this is my opinion. But who cares who's car is faster stock? Who plans on keeping there car that way? How can you say which is going to be faster the Camaro is not out yet. I have been whooped by a CAI and exhaust 4000lb+ SRT8 300C and i run 12.9-13.1 on motor all day at 109+ and he pulled me by two cars from 50-150 and he did it in style with two passengers.
driver mod?
Old 12-13-2007 | 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

driver mod?
lol I don't know what you have against this car but damn, you won't let it go... and yes the SRT 300's, chargers, and magnums are pretty fast for a 4 door grocery getter... arguablyfaster than our f bodies

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger and pricing!! Let the Wars begin!!