Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

2008 Challenger and pricing!! Let the Wars begin!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
lol I don't know what you have against this car but damn, you won't let it go... and yes the SRT 300's, chargers, and magnums are pretty fast for a 4 door grocery getter... arguablyfaster than our f bodies

Chrysler Corporation ( M-60 series)

sorry i just dont see what the big deal is with these fat tanks that chrysler is throwing at us (300,charger,challenger)
Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Originally Posted by GMmexican
sorry i just dont see what the big deal is with these fat tanks that chrysler is throwing at us (300,charger,challenger)
The big deal is, they look cool, and will be quick enough stock to compete with other cars in their group. They might not be the fastest, but neither was the Mustang GT (vs Camaro) in '98-'02, yet somehow the Mustang still out sold Camaro by quite a bit.

The car certainly won't be a turd, and so what if it runs a few tenths slower than a '10 Camaro in the 1/4 mile? It's not going to be that big of a power difference to just dismiss a car that looks this cool.

I'll be honest, I've been a HUGE supporter of the new Camaro, but after seeing the pic of it HERE, I'm feeling disappointed. Frankly the car in that pic doesn't look nearly as good as the new Challenger. I can only hope that it looks better in person than it does in that pic....otherwise I too may be looking at a Challenger, and this is coming from a die hard GM loyalist too.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
The big deal is, they look cool, and will be quick enough stock to compete with other cars in their group. They might not be the fastest, but neither was the Mustang GT (vs Camaro) in '98-'02, yet somehow the Mustang still out sold Camaro by quite a bit.

The car certainly won't be a turd, and so what if it runs a few tenths slower than a '10 Camaro in the 1/4 mile? It's not going to be that big of a power difference to just dismiss a car that looks this cool.

I'll be honest, I've been a HUGE supporter of the new Camaro, but after seeing the pic of it HERE, I'm feeling disappointed. Frankly the car in that pic doesn't look nearly as good as the new Challenger. I can only hope that it looks better in person than it does in that pic....otherwise I too may be looking at a Challenger, and this is coming from a die hard GM loyalist too.
exactly!!! if all people cared about was speed we all would have owned a gran national at some point in our lives... but they look like there is quite of few of us that think the challenger looks better than the camaro, the challenger won't be slow and won't weigh as much as the current LX platform cars. It might not be lighter than the camaro but it is not going to be a boat
Old 12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like how people are calling it a fat turd or tank when the camaro isnt even out yet and nobody knows the weight of the camaro. But I can almost guarantee the new camaro will weigh more than the previous and almost the same as the challenger or pretty darn close...Just look at the overall mass of the camaro in the pictures. Not to mention the standards placed on vehicles now a days as far as safety and crash test...

You dont get 22 and 21" inch wheels without adding some weight...This is coming direct from chevrolet website. Look at the overall height of the doors. I dont believe the new camaro is going to be light weight like most of you all tend to believe...But thats my opinion.

Also, I dont believe I have seen concrete #s for the 08 challenger either..

Last edited by turbo; 12-13-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some people just have no taste or appreciation of cars.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo
I like how people are calling it a fat turd or tank when the camaro isnt even out yet and nobody knows the weight of the camaro. But I can almost guarantee the new camaro will weigh more than the previous and almost the same as the challenger or pretty darn close...Just look at the overall mass of the camaro in the pictures. Not to mention the standards placed on vehicles now a days as far as safety and crash test...

Im comparing it to the last camaros made
Old 12-16-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im comparing it to the last camaros made
in that respect, I am 100% positive that the challenger will blow the freaking doors off our 4th gen camaro's interior...I will be the first to say that our interior is absolute crap, I only like our cars for the exterior and drive train. The challenger is probably going to weigh more because it will have good leather (SRT's have suede too) compared to our horse crap cheap leather. Not to mention the gauges and a built in 0-60, 1/4 mile and other performance calculations... so quit comparing it to cars that are not here nor there lol
Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

People don't buy cars based on how fast they are. They buy them because they like them. If you did everyone would drive a big block twin turbo Chevette.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
People don't buy cars based on how fast they are. They buy them because they like them. If you did everyone would drive a big block twin turbo Chevette.
Originally Posted by ChaseSS
in that respect, I am 100% positive that the challenger will blow the freaking doors off our 4th gen camaro's interior...I will be the first to say that our interior is absolute crap, I only like our cars for the exterior and drive train.
i bought my car because of the ls1,the aftermarket support, this webiste,gas mileage and streetability despite pushing over 400rwhp and running 11's,and the way it looks.......i didnt buy it because of the interior or because it reminded me of the 60-70's muscle car era.....im not planning to build a 1000hp beast just a good performing car.

personally i feel our cars are the best bang for the buck right now..........if i get another car in the future it will be a c5 z06, and yes performance will play a part in my decision to buy future cars
Old 12-16-2007, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,785 Likes on 1,273 Posts

personally i feel our cars are the best bang for the buck right now.........
That I can agree with 100%, which is why I have two of them and am now considering buying a 3rd.

Nothing wrong at all with loving 4th gen Camaros. I'm guilty of that, and proud of it as well, and no new car on the market will change that. I will always love my 4th gen Camaros.

But I still like the Challenger too.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

But why would you buy a C5 Zo6 if the C6 is faster stock for stock?

I love the 4th gens also, I have two and adopted a third that i take care of.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MUSTANGBRKR02
But why would you buy a C5 Zo6 if the C6 is faster stock for stock?

I love the 4th gens also, I have two and adopted a third that i take care of.
03 z06 vettes were rated at 405 hp.......c6 are rated at 400hp at the flywheel so im going with the cheaper of the two

Quick Reply: 2008 Challenger and pricing!! Let the Wars begin!!