Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

Why arent the muscle cars priced cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mzoomora
I never acted like taking a long time to tune is a negative, but very few customers are going to spend thousands on a tune and dyno time. That is the difference between a customer car and a shop car- the shop is doing everything at cost. Stop trying to turn my words into something else. You asked what difference it makes that it is a shop car, and that is a big difference. Tuning, dyno time, parts, labor, etc. are all done at cost and with no cost spared really. Many parts are probably even sponsored or donated for testing. Any down time the shop has can be spent on the car with no real cost.

One of the reasons they are the largest G35/350Z shop is that people see what their shop cars does and it builds confidence, that is the purpose of the shop car and why it gets top notch parts and so much time invested. And again, this wasnt done to a customers car because very few are going to be willing to pay for that type of labor, and the shop isnt going to spend that kind of time on a $500 customer tune.

Keep trying to put a spin on it all you want. First you are comparing a STS to a conventional turbo, and a STS is a less that ideal setup for all out power and response. Then you are comparing a supercharged, stock cammed, pump gas customers car to a custom built, custom cammed, turbo shop car on race gas. But you dont want to give all the real info because then people would know how full of **** you are.

I tell you what, supras may be fast, but how many how gone mid 4's at 330mph? Because Hemi's do that **** all the time and I can get one in the new Challenger or Charger, that makes domestics better and Supras pieces of **** because they cant hang.

Sounds like one of your completely off topic, totally useless and utterly ridiculous comparisons.
Bam supra you just got took to school
Old 02-22-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus, if I were a Moderator I would have locked this about 25 posts ago. This thread is about the current price of Muscle cars. Period. Not about how much power your American motor makes at X psi vs a Japanese motor at more or less psi.
Make your own damn thread if you want to argue these meaningless points. Or better yet, take it to PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Jesus, if I were a Moderator I would have locked this about 25 posts ago. This thread is about the current price of Muscle cars. Period. Not about how much power your American motor makes at X psi vs a Japanese motor at more or less psi.
Make your own damn thread if you want to argue these meaningless points. Or better yet, take it to PM.
Surpastars won't take it to PM. Trolls need an audience.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DrkPhynx
Surpastars won't take it to PM. Trolls need an audience.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slick1851

And the camaro better not be up there either, theres a reason why the mustang does so good. Its priced right, GM better put the camaro around what the mustang is.
Because its a retro car that they know people will want. The Camaro is going to be more than the Mustang because it will be faster...I see the upper model Camaro being closer to the Roush and Saleen than to the GT...My Moms stock 01 SS beats new GTs...they cant make the Camaro slower than the older model.

I agree that it would be great to have a stripped down model with the biggest engine offered...Just like the old days.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Camaro's have always been faster than mustangs (at least as far back as I can remember). So naturally they cost a little more. But the better factor is that they LOOK a heck of a lot better. The engine is better. Sure you pay a little more, but you get a much better car. Not to mention that in my opinion a mustang is a womans muscle car. Not knocking on the women on this site, b/c obviously you know how to handle your ride, but in general you see women driving mustangs. Especially 16 year old girls. Daddy buys that "sweet ride" for them. Anyway, I dont want to be in the same crowd as a 16 year old girl. So I will stick with GM.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jwindbigler
Camaro's have always been faster than mustangs (at least as far back as I can remember). So naturally they cost a little more. But the better factor is that they LOOK a heck of a lot better. The engine is better. Sure you pay a little more, but you get a much better car. Not to mention that in my opinion a mustang is a womans muscle car. Not knocking on the women on this site, b/c obviously you know how to handle your ride, but in general you see women driving mustangs. Especially 16 year old girls. Daddy buys that "sweet ride" for them. Anyway, I dont want to be in the same crowd as a 16 year old girl. So I will stick with GM.
Not to be argumentative, but at my campus, 90% of F-body(particularly V6 Firebirds for some reason...) drivers are Female. The remaining 10% are mostly the V8s and driven by jackasses. I actually see a better guy to girl ratio of Mustangs, but it is misleading. I see more Mustangs on the road, therefore that means I see more dudes driving them, but most of them are chicks, and most of them are V6's.

I personally will stick by the idea that the Camaro would sell best priced CLOSE to the Mustang, aka ~$1000 either way. Just think, a car that is better in every way, yet costs the same. Which would you buy?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hydramatic
I personally will stick by the idea that the Camaro would sell best priced CLOSE to the Mustang, aka ~$1000 either way. Just think, a car that is better in every way, yet costs the same. Which would you buy?
I agree with that.

Just in my experience most of the people who drive F-bodys...even V6's are guys. And girls drive the mustangs. Its just my experience. Obviouly its different where you are from.

The way that I view a mustang is this: Its quick enough to get the girl off, but not fast enough to keep up with a MAN's car.

Quick Reply: Why arent the muscle cars priced cheaper?