Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
gotcha

I hate the front end but DAMN! that rear end looks sexy
Thanks.

When I first saw the GTR in the magazines, I had the same sentiments as yourself. I was not fond of the front or the sides. But my whole view changed when I saw one at the auto show. Simply put, the vehicle looks outstanding in person.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
So you do have pics of your GTR and C6 Z06, correct?
Yes you are correct
Old 08-22-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

just checked out GT-R thread in corvette forum.... these cars seem to defy gravity I will never understand this until I test drive one i guess...

now For sale millenuim yellow 2003 C5 Z06 for $71,000 ...lol
Old 08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
just checked out GT-R thread in corvette forum.... these cars seem to defy gravity I will never understand this until I test drive one i guess...

now For sale millenuim yellow 2003 C5 Z06 for $71,000 ...lol

Over the last 25 years, cars are progressively getting larger. At the same rate, technology is also increasing.

Basically you have an F1 style trans, in a sophisticated body. In addition to this, you have available traction(traction being the key word)
Old 08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

We've got one in service at the Nissan dealership that I work at.

Trans is gone after 141 miles. Whoa.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by baddogz28

Should be easily remedied.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

HAHA...I wonder if this is a prelude of things to come?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spoolin
HAHA...I wonder if this is a prelude of things to come?
Im not aware of trouble free cars? Borg Warner is a very reputable company.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

That's about what I expected them to run in stock trim...we could see some stock 11.4s at over 119mph come winter time.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

That unfortunately is also what I kind of expected out of a stock one.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Thomasio
Im not aware of trouble free cars? Borg Warner is a very reputable company.
I remember hearing that if you activate the launch mode that it voids your warranty. I think that transmission is phenomenal but just curious to see how long it lasts out here with daily drivers pounding on them. Nothing bad against the car, just bugs and glitches that nissan will have to deal with. Same with any car manufacturer when they come out with a brand new car.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Should be easily remedied.
Easily? Since when is any transmission repair/replacement an easy job, especially in an AWD car with electronified/computerized everything?

It's certainly easier on the customer of course because that's what warranties are for, just drop it off and pick it up...until of course Nissan looks into their little 'Big Brother Is Always Watching Devices' and decides that it was raced/abused and denies it.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Spoolin
I remember hearing that if you activate the launch mode that it voids your warranty. I think that transmission is phenomenal but just curious to see how long it lasts out here with daily drivers pounding on them. Nothing bad against the car, just bugs and glitches that nissan will have to deal with. Same with any car manufacturer when they come out with a brand new car.
Not true. The tech and owner of the dealership, advised me that any damage done to the trans while the launch control is activated, will void the warranty. Using the LC system alone will not void it. Same conditions apply to Lambo, Bmw,Mitsu, Porsche and Bugatti.

The tech informed me while in Japan, that BorgWarner ran over 150 back to back to back launches without fault.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Junkie

To be honest, it does pull harder from 0-100 the GTR that is than my Z06.
You sure about this, like maybe it only "feels" faster to 100?

Currently accepted figures dictate that the C6 Z06 pulls harder in a straight line and traps higher...
Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Easily? Since when is any transmission repair/replacement an easy job, especially in an AWD car with electronified/computerized everything?

It's certainly easier on the customer of course because that's what warranties are for, just drop it off and pick it up...until of course Nissan looks into their little 'Big Brother Is Always Watching Devices' and decides that it was raced/abused and denies it.
If I took my Z06 to the track, ran it on R compound tires as I typically do and ruined my trans/rear end, do you think GM would warranty my transmission?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

The tech informed me while in Japan, that BorgWarner ran over 150 back to back to back launches without fault.
So then why won't Nissan cover it with or without LC?

IMO, yes, there is no such thing as a trouble-free transmission, but there are many cars out there, particularly exotics, that have high-stressed transmissions, and they still warranty them no matter what you do to them, unless you modify the car obviously... LC is not a modification... It's a standard feature.

BTW, I'm not a GTR basher or a hyper-patriot that bashes any Japanese car... I've been bashed here MANY times for being a "GTR fanboy." I'm just calling it like I see it... Fairly.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboyferal
You sure about this, like maybe it only "feels" faster to 100?

Currently accepted figures dictate that the C6 Z06 pulls harder in a straight line and traps higher...
I really do believe it does!

The Z06 should trap higher and I believe it does, but the way the GTR is geared it would be hard for my Z to pull it from a dead stop through the 1/4
Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bboyferal
So then why won't Nissan cover it with or without LC?

IMO, yes, there is no such thing as a trouble-free transmission, but there are many cars out there, particularly exotics, that have high-stressed transmissions, and they still warranty them no matter what you do to them, unless you modify the car obviously... LC is not a modification... It's a standard feature.

BTW, I'm not a GTR basher or a hyper-patriot that bashes any Japanese car... I've been bashed here MANY times for being a "GTR fanboy." I'm just calling it like I see it... Fairly.
Porsche will not warranty a trans if you dump the clutch at the track. I believe BMW has launch control and also voids the warranty if used and problems occur with the trans.

You have to remember, this is the most sophisticated trans this side of F1. The trans alone cost 18k. Honestly, who would warranty a trans launching at 4500rpm in awd?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I've never heard of a Porsche tranny's warranty being voided with no modifications to the car, only a "launch method..." Interesting.

I had leased a 2006 BMW 3-series in 2006, and I became a "casual" BMW enthusiast... I never heard of that one either... I also thought they covered any powertrain malfunction/damage during the warranty period as long as there were no modifications made to the car that they could prove.

Maybe I'm a bit behind the Euro-cars currently, but this is all news to me.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Most likely not, though they actually still might if you took the dishonest route, put the stock tires back on and wiped the rubber from the wheel wells/numbers off of the car.

Unlike the GTR, it's far more difficult for a service department to use the Z06's onboard diagnotics (there is that hidden 'black box' but that's not used as a transmission warranty watchdog) to bite the driver in the *** and deny warranty...smart business move on their part though, at least Nissan benefits from it.
Yea, Im nervous to use it lol. Only when I come across another Z, Viper, Lsx will I use it.

Im hoping my exhaust, dp's and wing come in next week. Ill have some before and after dyno results.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R dyno test