Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

srt 8 300 c????

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Youre full of crap, unless you have 2 CTSV's LOL

Now that I think of it, did I see you this morning on the Sawgrass (you going south) in your silver C6? It was a wb conversion with black wheels and dark/black headlights.
I only own one CTS-V, and it does have stock seats and gas tank, but little else.

That is me on the Sawgrass, each morning between 8:45-9:00, headed south, crusing at 65mph in the C6, optimizing my fuel at about 34mpg. Amazing that you were able to nail the mods, were you next to me, as usually I never pass on a spirited run with a Vette brother.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Jayplay,
Ignore my sig, my nephew puts that under my profile every time I leave the computer on. It is completely stock, and I will pop the hood after we are done running and the bets are paid.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I only own one CTS-V, and it does have stock seats and gas tank, but little else.

That is me on the Sawgrass, each morning between 8:45-9:00, headed south, crusing at 65mph in the C6, optimizing my fuel at about 34mpg. Amazing that you were able to nail the mods, were you next to me, as usually I never pass on a spirited run with a Vette brother.
No buddy, I was heading North in my work truck, your car looks great though!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:20 PM

Jayplay,
Ignore my sig, my nephew puts that under my profile every time I leave the computer on. It is completely stock, and I will pop the hood after we are done running and the bets are paid.
Serriously, if your car is close to stock as my wife's is, we can run them and have some fun. I didn't realize she is leaving tomorrow around 2pm to go to Gainsville for a few days. When she gets back, I will shoot you a pm and maybe sometime next week/weekend even though it is Christmas.

Jason
Old 12-18-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm lying about the mods, I have everything in the signature, but a run would still be fun. I have belt slip issue on the SC at about 5,000rpm, so I would short-shift. I think the SRT8 will still make a strong showing. Let me know when the car is back in town.

Now for the C6s, we could run them also, as I have new shoes/Invos on mine. Better yet, we (and Jamie) could head up to Moroso, as he needs to get a few runs in with his beast before he grenades the motor.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:16 PM

I'm lying about the mods, I have everything in the signature, but a run would still be fun. I have belt slip issue on the SC at about 5,000rpm, so I would short-shift. I think the SRT8 will still make a strong showing. Let me know when the car is back in town.

Now for the C6s, we could run them also, as I have new shoes/Invos on mine. Better yet, we (and Jamie) could head up to Moroso, as he needs to get a few runs in with his beast before he grenades the motor.

I told him that. I am getting my heads back from TEA this week I HOPE, otherwise it will be after Christmas. I told him I wanted to head up there and I would PM him when I go. We should go in a few weeks after i get my car back together. Your rear will be ok?

Im slapping on TEA LS2 stage 2 heads (320/259cfm) and ARP's (for N20 though I don't have it installed yet). I'm game but I would much rather have the N20 with you fockers
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I told him that. I am getting my heads back from TEA this week I HOPE, otherwise it will be after Christmas. I told him I wanted to head up there and I would PM him when I go. We should go in a few weeks after i get my car back together. Your rear will be ok?

Im slapping on TEA LS2 stage 2 heads (320/259cfm) and ARP's (for N20 though I don't have it installed yet). I'm game but I would much rather have the N20 with you fockers
JDawg may tell you he is broke this week, as just bought some useless mini-cam at PRI---no damn horsepower gains, no reason to buy. I told him using it to drive down the 1,320 is ghey, so he better get on a course; claims he is the next Jimmie Johnson.
Regarding your set-up, sounds great, once you get the spray working we WILL head up there, don't worry about breakage, as I always keep my AAA membership up to date. The C6's rear is stock, but based on no power down low (PC kicks in around 2,500rpm and no heads or cam), I should be able to drive her home from Moroso.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 PM

JDawg may tell you he is broke this week, as just bought some useless mini-cam at PRI---no damn horsepower gains, no reason to buy. I told him using it to drive down the 1,320 is ghey, so he better get on a course; claims he is the next Jimmie Johnson.
Regarding your set-up, sounds great, once you get the spray working we WILL head up there, don't worry about breakage, as I always keep my AAA membership up to date. The C6's rear is stock, but based on no power down low (PC kicks in around 2,500rpm and no heads or cam), I should be able to drive her home from Moroso.

Halarious

Does AAA cover your friends? I guess I should get it soon anyway
Old 12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Halarious

Does AAA cover your friends? I guess I should get it soon anyway
There is a way to do this, not to be discussed on open forums.

We should meet up at Tower Shops after the Holidays, J is usually there 2X/3X a month, so he can buy dinner and drinks!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Launching!

I guess so, magazine racing at its finest.
no no no my friend... this is first hand accounts. read my sig, i have plenty of high performance toys. all built by me, raced by me. i think i know what im talking about...

maybe the driver of the SRT8 was slow, and maybe i just got lucky those few times... but i am DEFINITELY sure the V will beat the SRT8. Sorry man, thats just what it will be. Post up what happens when you guys finally figure out the race. i'd be very happy to see the results.

Aj
Old 12-20-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by 1BADBURB
no no no my friend... this is first hand accounts. read my sig, i have plenty of high performance toys. all built by me, raced by me. i think i know what im talking about...

maybe the driver of the SRT8 was slow, and maybe i just got lucky those few times... but i am DEFINITELY sure the V will beat the SRT8. Sorry man, thats just what it will be. Post up what happens when you guys finally figure out the race. i'd be very happy to see the results.

Aj

AJ, when I said magazine racing it was based on everyones "guesses" in the thread and thier replies, not your personal experience, Jesus, I think all the links posted were to MAGAZINES. On the first page the OP actually DID race the SRT8 (#16) post and was about 1/4 car behind since he spun a bit going into 2nd. Just as the more seasoned guys in this thread have agreed to, a drivers race. If the V driver is only 90%, he can easliy loose to a car that usually only traps 1-2mph less, its called racing.

Cars that both trap 107-111 will not kill each other as you seem to believe and honestly, I could care less. Again, its my wife's car and I chose it over a V for many reasons. Despite what you believe or have raced, they are VERY closely matched even considering the SRT8 weighs 300lbs more and has an A5 with heavy *** 20" wheels.

For God's sake man, your E55 only traps 102. An RT 5.7 Charger/300 will trap 98-100, maybe thats what you walked at the track. I have personally seen SRT's trap 107-108 as the norm.

Jason
Old 12-20-2008, 01:05 AM

There is a way to do this, not to be discussed on open forums.

We should meet up at Tower Shops after the Holidays, J is usually there 2X/3X a month, so he can buy dinner and drinks!
Sounds good, I owe him a tb blade and he is thinking of selling his FAST. I will feel much better when my car is back together. That bitch is gonna run 9's with the A6 or bust.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Launching!

AJ, when I said magazine racing it was based on everyones "guesses" in the thread and thier replies, not your personal experience, Jesus, I think all the links posted were to MAGAZINES. On the first page the OP actually DID race the SRT8 (#16) post and was about 1/4 car behind since he spun a bit going into 2nd. Just as the more seasoned guys in this thread have agreed to, a drivers race. If the V driver is only 90%, he can easliy loose to a car that usually only traps 1-2mph less, its called racing.

Cars that both trap 107-111 will not kill each other as you seem to believe and honestly, I could care less. Again, its my wife's car and I chose it over a V for many reasons. Despite what you believe or have raced, they are VERY closely matched even considering the SRT8 weighs 300lbs more and has an A5 with heavy *** 20" wheels.

For God's sake man, your E55 only traps 102. An RT 5.7 Charger/300 will trap 98-100, maybe thats what you walked at the track. I have personally seen SRT's trap 107-108 as the norm.

Jason
Jason,
i hear ya man... i just believe the V will win. Sorry, thats my opinion. As for my race against the SRT8, like i said, he prolly was not a good driver off the line. but there was another one too that i beat. NOT killed, like you said, a couple mph diff in the 1/4 is not killing...

anywho..getting out of hand. race some guy if you get a chance and post up the results!
Aj
Old 12-21-2008, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As i said in the other thread, i am down to do this and represent my lsx and v brothers, my 19" wheels should slow me down to about the same as a stock v.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

VERY closely matched even considering the SRT8 weighs 300lbs more and has an A5 with heavy *** 20" wheels
thats retarded, everycar has their faults...id take the 300lbs, the a5, and the 20" wheels if my wheelhop was 100% gone when i goto floor it and be perfect 100% of the time like you can in your srt8....

an srt8 will run pretty much the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times every time you go....unless you suck at life....a stock V on the other hand unless you know what ur doing could run anywhere from 12.8/12.9 all the way to 15.0 in the 1/4
Old 12-21-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

have u ever raced a V?

Ive raced two srt8 300's, a magnum wagon srt8 or whatever they are called....and everytime from a roll same thing happens...i win....they lose....and whine about why their 6.1 liter hemi slushbox cant cut the mustard
Old 12-21-2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADBURB
Jason,
i hear ya man... i just believe the V will win. Sorry, thats my opinion. As for my race against the SRT8, like i said, he prolly was not a good driver off the line. but there was another one too that i beat. NOT killed, like you said, a couple mph diff in the 1/4 is not killing...

anywho..getting out of hand. race some guy if you get a chance and post up the results!
Aj
Argeed, done. You and I will stick to the Vettes.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
As i said in the other thread, i am down to do this and represent my lsx and v brothers, my 19" wheels should slow me down to about the same as a stock v.
Ah, I am an LSX brother

thats retarded, everycar has their faults...id take the 300lbs, the a5, and the 20" wheels if my wheelhop was 100% gone when i goto floor it and be perfect 100% of the time like you can in your srt8....

an srt8 will run pretty much the same 0-60 and 1/4 mile times every time you go....unless you suck at life....a stock V on the other hand unless you know what ur doing could run anywhere from 12.8/12.9 all the way to 15.0 in the 1/4
Im not sure if you are trying to insult me with this or it is a general term? You are the manual and I have the consitant 5A so the favor for consistancy is with me, unless you want to argue that too.

have u ever raced a V?

Ive raced two srt8 300's, a magnum wagon srt8 or whatever they are called....and everytime from a roll same thing happens...i win....they lose....and whine about why their 6.1 liter hemi slushbox cant cut the mustard
Im doing the golfers clap for you as we speak.

I have raced an LS2 V with my Cobra though. Only 4-5 bus length differences. And? The whole point that you have blown out of proportion is that despite the 2 differences in the cars, they are very well matched. A stock V will not " slaughter " a stock SRT8 UNLESS the reader considers a tenth or 2 and 1-3 mph a slaughter. If so, its a slaughter.

Until I find the time and opportunity to race my wife's car aginst a local V and possibly loose or win by a car length, Im going to let you preach about what a runner your V is. The floor is yours.

Bantering about these 2 slow cars is retarded.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

my intent was general, not at all to insult you, I hope it didnt seem that way.

Cobras are sweet cars, no arguing that, and definitely will hand me my *** on a silver platter even if they are stock. I hope to own one some day...

Anyway I agree the race will be good, I just dont think you will win any of them.

Agreed consistency is definitely on your side, that advantage alone outweighs your weaknesses....I really only have weaknesses (differential = wheelhop = slowtimes) and the 2 piece ds and dualmass flywheel
Old 12-21-2008, 05:29 PM

my intent was general, not at all to insult you, I hope it didnt seem that way.

Cobras are sweet cars, no arguing that, and definitely will hand me my *** on a silver platter even if they are stock. I hope to own one some day...

Anyway I agree the race will be good, I just dont think you will win any of them.

Agreed consistency is definitely on your side, that advantage alone outweighs your weaknesses....I really only have weaknesses (differential = wheelhop = slowtimes) and the 2 piece ds and dualmass flywheel
I am in ageement with you, the SRT8 is bigger, heavier and an auto. I have never raced a V with it and when I do, I was simply hoping for a little luck. It happens all the time. Being the mod in the Street Racing section, I have seen racing miracles day after day.

Can't you put a GTO diff in them?

Quick Reply: srt 8 300 c????