Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

srt 8 300 c????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say f-it! race anyways!!! It would be fun to see the video up since we dont see alot of vids between srt8's and V's
Old 12-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I say f-it! race anyways!!! It would be fun to see the video up since we dont see alot of vids between srt8's and V's
I will, just for you man. You are also correct, there are only 2 vids I know of. Wierd.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I will, just for you man. You are also correct, there are only 2 vids I know of. Wierd.
I'm your huckleberry (http://home.earthlink.net/~knuthco1/...errysource.htm), and it will be closer than most think, as my Maggie belt slippage is really nasty. Short-shifting at 5K rpms suck, and I will need a larger crank pulley and an 8-rib system to remedy it.
Not sure why it is so prevalent now, could be any of these:

1) Newly installed 90mm TB, did this two months ago
2) Overdrive/swap of rear pulley by Magnuson on rebuild 4K miles ago
3) Torque Monster, 560RTW at 3K rpms

Of course we can go to Tower Shops on Friday and hopefully find at least one V, I can post on the 'other' forum if you want a stock one to race.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I'm your huckleberry (http://home.earthlink.net/~knuthco1/...errysource.htm), and it will be closer than most think, as my Maggie belt slippage is really nasty. Short-shifting at 5K rpms suck, and I will need a larger crank pulley and an 8-rib system to remedy it.
Not sure why it is so prevalent now, could be any of these:

1) Newly installed 90mm TB, did this two months ago
2) Overdrive/swap of rear pulley by Magnuson on rebuild 4K miles ago
3) Torque Monster, 560RTW at 3K rpms

Of course we can go to Tower Shops on Friday and hopefully find at least one V, I can post on the 'other' forum if you want a stock one to race.

Sounds good. What about this Friday or Saturday night? My wife is going out Friday night so I will drop her off and steal the car and meet up with you but I have to be real careful, my job depends on my driving record so I was thinking of US27 or somewhere safe. I'll shoot you a pm. My camera does like 2 minutes of video so we can do a few races. I have an Auto, so I can tape and drive

We can run from a dig and a 50 roll.

We could try the Sawgrass too, unless you know a safe spot.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds good. What about this Friday or Saturday night? My wife is going out Friday night so I will drop her off and steal the car and meet up with you but I have to be real careful, my job depends on my driving record so I was thinking of US27 or somewhere safe. I'll shoot you a pm. My camera does like 2 minutes of video so we can do a few races. I have an Auto, so I can tape and drive

We can run from a dig and a 50 roll.

We could try the Sawgrass too, unless you know a safe spot.
I can't think of anything going wrong with this.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by BacDoc

Nope, I street race all the time with my car, just not hers.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

SWEET!!!! I cant wait to see the vid!!! I have been looking for alot of vids of the cts-v racing but dont come across anything other then drag racing! and some street courses... I would love to see some more of the srt-8 racing also! You to should also film the two of you picking on some ricers also!!!!! and see if you can get a camera that will shoot for more then 2 minutes! DANG!!! I wish I was Ft. Lauderdale!!!!! this is going to be sick!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
SWEET!!!! I cant wait to see the vid!!! I have been looking for alot of vids of the cts-v racing but dont come across anything other then drag racing! and some street courses... I would love to see some more of the srt-8 racing also! You to should also film the two of you picking on some ricers also!!!!! and see if you can get a camera that will shoot for more then 2 minutes! DANG!!! I wish I was Ft. Lauderdale!!!!! this is going to be sick!!!!!
Not so sure about that, I think Im gonna get my azz kicked since he has many, many mods but hey, what else do I have to do this weekend?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Not so sure about that, I think Im gonna get my azz kicked since he has many, many mods but hey, what else do I have to do this weekend?
lol, bring a gun to a knife fight!!!!

bring the Cobra instead j/k

Actually that would be a fun race to watch!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not to worry, I am un-modding my car so the race is more stock vs. stock.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Not to worry, I am un-modding my car so the race is more stock vs. stock.
Hey man, would you like to try to meet up tonight? I will shoot you another pm, I will have to know asap since my wife and sister are planning a girls' night out. Otherwise, we may have to do it another night. Just let me know
Old 12-26-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey man, would you like to try to meet up tonight? I will shoot you another pm, I will have to know asap since my wife and sister are planning a girls' night out. Otherwise, we may have to do it another night. Just let me know
J,
You got PM and IM, see ya 2nite!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BacDoc
This will be done at a dragstrip or closed street.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:22 AM

J,
You got PM and IM, see ya 2nite!

You got it man, I will give you a call when I head out there but Im sure it will be later than 7.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by archerandsons
300 or 300m or whatever they are. ya srt8 challenger charger and 300's
so did they also have a srt intrepid
Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 PM

Well I was directed to this forum and thread considering it has comments about me in it and I knew nothing about it, so that was kinda funny. I havent talked to Archer anytime lately but yes I did have a 300SRT that was stolen and now I have a Charger Superbee SRT8 that has a few tricks up its sleeve.

And this is a very interesting read, I would love to have ANY (modded or not) CTS-V come to this area and get some because I would love to wax that slow GM a$$. HAHA!! Bring it!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SRT8-2NV
Well I was directed to this forum and thread considering it has comments about me in it and I knew nothing about it, so that was kinda funny. I havent talked to Archer anytime lately but yes I did have a 300SRT that was stolen and now I have a Charger Superbee SRT8 that has a few tricks up its sleeve.

And this is a very interesting read, I would love to have ANY (modded or not) CTS-V come to this area and get some because I would love to wax that slow GM a$$. HAHA!! Bring it!

And just where might "this area" be ?
Old 01-14-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

Old 01-14-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Resident

You might be in big trouble unless you are over 1000rwhp with that big *** boat skydiver will stop a mudhole in any srt8 That I have ever seen

Originally Posted by skydiver
And just where might "this area" be ?
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Teching In

For everyone that keeps saying to race an SRT from a roll is a little strange to me. We have a 3.06 gear that loves racing from a roll, our cars bog really bad off the line, thats the best place to race one. Your best bet is starting at 40mph or 65mph, at 40mph, the car will not downshift into 1st, it goes to the very bottom of second gear and at 65mph it will downshift to the very bottom of 3rd gear.

Who do I talk to, I will race any CTS-V on motor that drives to and from the track. Not saying I would win, but it might be closer than you would think.
This car runs consistent 11.3's at 118mph with a best time of 11.08@122 in good weather. 60ft is in the 1.58 range with a best of 1.51.

This guy has the same motor as us with 8psi of boost.

Quick Reply: srt 8 300 c????