Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

wtb-clutch slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb-clutch slave cylinder

Where's the best place to pick one of these up - let me know, and thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 AM

Go to the dealer part number 12587376 retails for 400 plus, got mine for shop cost of 316.35. had mine replaced yesterday as well as the flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, bearing and oh yeah the motor mounts. Now I have a new car.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Launching!

autozone says that they have one for 260, not sure if it the correct one or not, but might be worth the try. If you are changing the clutch out to a single mass clutch, you need to buy a slave for an 08 Z06 /LS7. Then you will not need the spacer, just have to trim the bellhousing some. I just installed one yesterday in mine. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by needactsv
If you are changing the clutch out to a single mass clutch, you need to buy a slave for an 08 Z06 /LS7. Then you will not need the spacer, just have to trim the bellhousing some. I just installed one yesterday in mine. Good luck.

NEEDACTSV - so the hydraulic line connection on a Z06 slave cylinder is the same as a CTS-V?

And you say it installed with only minor mods?

AND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION? What differance does the single mass clutch make? Performance? Drivablity?(does it drive the same or hows it different?)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CORNER CARVER
NEEDACTSV - so the hydraulic line connection on a Z06 slave cylinder is the same as a CTS-V?

And you say it installed with only minor mods?

AND MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION? What differance does the single mass clutch make? Performance? Drivablity?(does it drive the same or hows it different?)
Both. The dual mass is a heavy piece of junk. They car will feel lighter under acceleration. Easier to rev, faster to come down. Smoother when the clutch engages. Nothing bad at all! The car feels much much better with the lighter flywheel package. I have an aluminum Fidanza LS7 flywheel in mine and love it. I cant imagine going back to a steal flywheel. Even in this heavy car the engine make enough torque to get rolling with no problems.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Launching!

The LS7 slave works fine, the connection to the master cylinder line is identical, but the line is steel and longer than a stock cts-v, that's why you "may" have to trim the bell housing. Nothing you can't handle if you have a grinding wheel, or a saws-all. The stock style cts-v clutch set up is a dual mass. dual mass means dual weight/heavy as hell. Mine was already swapped over to a 04 Z06 style clutch, so I can't tell you how it feels different, because I've never driven a stock cts-v. If you ever decide to change the clutch, you are going to want to scrap the dual mass setup, get a different flywheel and clutch/pressure plate. I can walk you through it now, step by step. Not complicated(for exception of bleeding the damn slave cylinder.) Let me know.
by the way....the ls7 slave cylinder "only" works with a single mass set up. You will not need an aftermarket spacer with the ls7 slave cylinder set up. You do need a spacer with the stock slave cylinder with single mass(typical style clutch) set up.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

How much does an aluminum LS7 flywheel weigh compared to steel LS7 flywheel?

There is a 21 lb difference between factory CTS-V flywheel/clutch package and factory Z06 flywheel/clutch package. I would think 21 lbs less, spinning around would make a difference.

I am still on the search for anyone that has put a Corvette Z06 slave cylinder in a CTS-V to verify that it can be done. (needactsv clarified this point, thanx)

Last edited by CORNER CARVER; 04-03-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Launching!

I wonder how this flywheel would work at 15.5 lbs vs aluminum at 12.5 lbs? The Chromoly is almost half the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RA...QQcmdZViewItem

vs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIDAN...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Just for clarification....Z06 slave cylinder has to be from an LS7 engine setup. The 04 style Z06 will not work.

Quick Reply: wtb-clutch slave cylinder