Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hey new guy here got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey new guy here got a ?

I own a 2004 CTS-V and the stability system constantly engages.
Is there any other way to turn this off for good.
I know i can hold the tc button for 5 seconds but you have to do that every time you start the car.
Please help me out.
Thanks
Maxx
Old 04-20-2009, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its coming on all the time then there is an issue....goto dealer asap.

if its just coming on sometimes when your losing traction or turning, then its doing its job.

To turn it completely off. hold the t/c button for like 15 seconds, or until you see "stability system off" or "disengaged" (dont remember exact wording) pop up on the nav.

There is no way to completely turn it off that I know about.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 04ctsvfl
If its coming on all the time then there is an issue....goto dealer asap.

if its just coming on sometimes when your losing traction or turning, then its doing its job.

To turn it completely off. hold the t/c button for like 15 seconds, or until you see "stability system off" or "disengaged" (dont remember exact wording) pop up on the nav.

There is no way to completely turn it off that I know about.
Well it does come on alot even in cruise on the highway but both the gm dealers in town say they cant find anything with it.
There has to be a way to turn this off auto maybe a timed relay with matching signal after the car has started or an module for sale some where i would l think anyway.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nstlfrk
Well it does come on alot even in cruise on the highway but both the gm dealers in town say they cant find anything with it.
There has to be a way to turn this off auto maybe a timed relay with matching signal after the car has started or an module for sale some where i would l think anyway.
Mine does the same thing. My understanding is it is due to different size tires frt and rear or different size wheels. The rear tire is not rotating at the same speed as the frt. If you have stock wheels and stock same size tires, then I have no idea. I hate having to turn mine off everytime also.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

I would say that if your VSES system is engaging while normal driving then you have a problem. ( ABS SYSTEM)

Originally Posted by needactsv
Mine does the same thing. My understanding is it is due to different size tires frt and rear or different size wheels. The rear tire is not rotating at the same speed as the frt. If you have stock wheels and stock same size tires, then I have no idea. I hate having to turn mine off everytime also.
Double check your tire pressures daily while starting your commute!

If thats not the case, never turn off your Stability system because the crash data report would be damming in the incident you crashed and harmed someone.

Last edited by CORNER CARVER; 04-20-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

wasn't it the steering position sensor that was the problem??...check cadillacowners.com I'm almost positive that's the issue.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) is activated by the electronic brake control module (EBCM) calculating the desired yaw rate and comparing it to the actual yaw rate input. The desired yaw rate is calculated from measured steering wheel position, vehicle speed, and lateral acceleration. The difference between the desired yaw rate and actual yaw rate is the yaw rate error, which is a measurement of oversteer or understeer. If the yaw rate error becomes too large, the EBCM will attempt to correct the vehicle yaw motion by applying differential braking to the left or right front wheel.

The system can only be diagnosed with a scanner and a flow chart.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CORNER CARVER
The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) is activated by the electronic brake control module (EBCM) calculating the desired yaw rate and comparing it to the actual yaw rate input. The desired yaw rate is calculated from measured steering wheel position, vehicle speed, and lateral acceleration. The difference between the desired yaw rate and actual yaw rate is the yaw rate error, which is a measurement of oversteer or understeer. If the yaw rate error becomes too large, the EBCM will attempt to correct the vehicle yaw motion by applying differential braking to the left or right front wheel.

The system can only be diagnosed with a scanner and a flow chart.
Or not at all if you have a normal dealer which has no idea how to deal with something like this. I pleaded with my normal dealer to swap out the steering position sensor because mine was doing the same on off crap going in a straight line. They said they couldn't replicate it, and they pointed to my 255/40 tires on all four corners and said that was the problem.

I had to drive 60 miles to find a small town dealer that would believe me. They replaced the sensor and voila fixed my issue that had been baffling the other dealer on 3 visits and a total of 100 miles put on my car...

Jay
Old 04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is it is due to different size tires frt and rear or different size wheels. The rear tire is not rotating at the same speed as the frt. If you have stock wheels and stock same size tires, then I have no idea. I hate having to turn mine off everytime also.
I have different size tires and wheels, and dont have this issue. I suggest you see the dealer too.

PEOPLE YOUR STABILRAK SHOULD NOT BEING ENGAGING WHILE CRUISING ON THE FREEWAY!!!!!!

if it is doing so, take it to the dealer, and do not take "no" for an answer. Tell them you dont feel safe (and honestly i wouldnt feel safe)

Quick Reply: Hey new guy here got a ?