Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

cam bolt ons or maggie?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cam bolt ons or maggie?

paying car off in a couple months wanting some input from who has done it
cam and bolt ons or maggie?
i am leaning toward supercharger made cam with a maggie lol?
Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Banned

lean with it rock with it but don't slap your cck with it!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

and the answer is c do both bolt on and supercharger
Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

If i were you. I would start with cam and bolt ons. I wouldn't say i get "bored" of cars.... but am never "satisfied". If you go for the SC right off the bat. After that, its gonna be hard to notice significant changes in power levels on post mods. Starting stock moving up the HP/TQ range with cam, fuel/spark and exhaust will get good results and pleasant weekend play time with every add on. Then when you get bored with that after a year or so....... SC or turbo that B!tch....
Old 04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree with the last comment. You always want a little more so leave some room for opportunity I don't think you'll regret it.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Teching In

I agree with the last two comments made. Always leave room for improvement. It really would depend on how much hp/tq you are wanting. I have a maggie, kooks, corsa and put down 417rwhp and 408 rwtq. I do think something is wrong with the car do to the low hp numbers. I am taking it in to get tuned and figure out the problem. I should be about 430-460 rwhp with this combo. With the mp 112 supercharger it limits you to hp, if you do go with the s/c route and are looking for big number. I would go with a mp122, this is a bigger supercharger but is not recommended for a stock bottom end. You will need to do some internal work to hold the hp. If your check book is big enough put a 427 in it about $13,000 and then throw a mp122 on it for about $7,000 ish. You will be 700+ at the motor easily. Then you will need a madman rear end for another $7,500 so for about $27,500 you could have the badest V out there.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do both!!! Have a blast with it!!! Nothing better then "looking better" then the competition and then beating the competition as well!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

well i borrowed 5,000 from my dad to buy car, have it paid off by end summer. money is not coming out my *** but it is my dads so i can borrow from him to get parts and can do work myself and got a guy in mobile,al to dyno it for $300. have a old toyota to drive while car is down so back up ride so no biggey. guess ill start with a med size charger cam and magnaflow exhaust.. which i am still looking for magnaflow exhaust? anyone? then get charger. looking to keep stock motor and know rear end will not hold dr and that power but i am goin to keep rear end stock and not launch it hard. just want something fun and streetable. so no one is havin problem wit maggie?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by archerandsons
well i borrowed 5,000 from my dad to buy car, have it paid off by end summer. money is not coming out my *** but it is my dads so i can borrow from him to get parts and can do work myself and got a guy in mobile,al to dyno it for $300. have a old toyota to drive while car is down so back up ride so no biggey. guess ill start with a med size charger cam and magnaflow exhaust.. which i am still looking for magnaflow exhaust? anyone? then get charger. looking to keep stock motor and know rear end will not hold dr and that power but i am goin to keep rear end stock and not launch it hard. just want something fun and streetable. so no one is havin problem wit maggie?
wait you bought your car for 5k??
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Delete, saw your second post and budget, good luck. Regarding Maggie, on for about 20K miles, no issues. Mine was re-built for HP gains, not due to problems.

Last edited by onebadcad; 04-30-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by trambow
I agree with the last two comments made. Always leave room for improvement. It really would depend on how much hp/tq you are wanting. I have a maggie, kooks, corsa and put down 417rwhp and 408 rwtq. I do think something is wrong with the car do to the low hp numbers. I am taking it in to get tuned and figure out the problem. I should be about 430-460 rwhp with this combo. With the mp 112 supercharger it limits you to hp, if you do go with the s/c route and are looking for big number. I would go with a mp122, this is a bigger supercharger but is not recommended for a stock bottom end. You will need to do some internal work to hold the hp. If your check book is big enough put a 427 in it about $13,000 and then throw a mp122 on it for about $7,000 ish. You will be 700+ at the motor easily. Then you will need a madman rear end for another $7,500 so for about $27,500 you could have the badest V out there.
all you need is to do a forged 402 iron long block,(good to 1000hp) for about 4500 installed, and the mp112 (or turbo for much less) and be at well over 700rwhp.
with my way you could have whats stated above for well under 14k done deal.
(excluding rear )
i'm not dissagreeing with said statement as it's valid, but imho too much money for the same result.

holla atcha dolla from some one on one. lol
Old 04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PsiHigh
all you need is to do a forged 402 iron long block,(good to 1000hp) for about 4500 installed, and the mp112 (or turbo for much less) and be at well over 700rwhp.
with my way you could have whats stated above for well under 14k done deal.
(excluding rear )
i'm not dissagreeing with said statement as it's valid, but imho too much money for the same result.

holla atcha dolla from some one on one. lol
so for $4,500 I can get a 600 hp motor?
Old 04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Banned

for @ 4,500 you can get a motor cabilble of 1000 hp with power adder.
nos, turbo, tvs...not motor alone.
then there is the other costs..."wink"
hope you got deep pockets. lol
Old 04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Just curious what does you turbo make at the wheels? I think you have a pretty sweet setup.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Fawker, stop sh!tting on the Maggie by mentioning the TVS in lieu of. I may have to drive up to Montana, or wherever you are and stomp that damn turbo gismo crap of yours!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by trambow
Just curious what does you turbo make at the wheels? I think you have a pretty sweet setup.
He ain't got no dyno graphs, something about his shop has been without power since some ice storm, and that was like three months ago. I guess it sounds better than saying the neighbor's dog ate it,,,
Old 04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Fawker, stop sh!tting on the Maggie by mentioning the TVS in lieu of. I may have to drive up to Montana, or wherever you are and stomp that damn turbo gismo crap of yours!!!!!!
wish someone would shut him up, but the way he talks his car is unbeatable......since it has a turbo it must be a 9 second car, thats all i can imagine. maybe he wouldn't bother people if he put some good comments in instead of making everything about how fast his turbo V is. respond to the original thread, dont talk about your turbo setup when someone asks about a shift ****.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Teching In

He ain't got no dyno graphs, something about his shop has been without power since some ice storm, and that was like three months ago. I guess it sounds better than saying the neighbor's dog ate it,,,
You mean this kid talks all this **** with no dyno graphs or timeslips?

True E-Thug
Old 04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

sayno? don't you build watches?
now i know i'm pretty, but i aint as pretty as a couple 20's and shaved door handles!
man, ever since you came in here with your 4 post all you been doin is clockin ME!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned

The dyno ran out of ink, and then the dog ate the sniffer... so you'll have to take my word for it. i cant leave it all on the table, people think im holding a pair of 3's when in fact you can see my true cards from the reflection in my shades. if it throws a shadow, it must be real.
idk whats thats suppose to mean either but the weed made me say it.
so who's got an tsv around CT.? loser buys lunch.

Quick Reply: cam bolt ons or maggie?