Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Buget Ballin

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im always at oc for H20. whats going down there this upcoming weekend?

anything with cars and loose women gets my attention.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Resident

I've looked @ your ride since you posted the orig budget ballin thread....love the wheels, love the roof, yellow fogs are badass as well.....not a huge fan of the gas cover but like you said it's your ride and it's not a permanent thing either.....I got my duplicolor gunmetal on order @ the local Oreilly's, should be here by tomorrow.....mine's platinum as well but with black int....any idea on some sterio ***** that aren't $100...WTF?....keep up the inspiration for all of us ballin on a budget
Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

one more quick question....what did you do on your centers? I noticed they aren't just painted
Old 05-16-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom

hot rod weekend, only about 10,000(literally) muscle cars and any cars you can imagine(tons of fbodies, mustangs etc), check out the eastern section there is a 20 page thread. its nuts, if you wanna see street racing everywhere and burnouts on side streets and stop lights, you should prolly go lol.

but there are already 2 black V's going so youll have to either paint the car or drive something else, we cant have too many down there, then people will know what they are haha
Old 05-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
Lol H20 is the shat. I go allmost every year, you on Vortex?
This up coming weekend is Cruise Week like thousands of domestic cars, new and old. This year the Fonz is gona be there too lol.

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
I've looked @ your ride since you posted the orig budget ballin thread....love the wheels, love the roof, yellow fogs are badass as well.....not a huge fan of the gas cover but like you said it's your ride and it's not a permanent thing either.....I got my duplicolor gunmetal on order @ the local Oreilly's, should be here by tomorrow.....mine's platinum as well but with black int....any idea on some sterio ***** that aren't $100...WTF?....keep up the inspiration for all of us ballin on a budget.
one more quick question....what did you do on your centers? I noticed they aren't just painted
Thank you For all the good props.
The radio ***** are an easy fix. If you look on the second page there is a shot of my radio *****. I just used vinyl cut on flat black I think the measurement is
1/4" X 1". Any graphics shop that does vinyl should be able to do it cheap. They can even round the edges, it makes it easier to put on. Also It depends on how bad they are. Mine are efd up and it dosent cover the whole thing. But it is better then nothing.

If you look at the shot of the gas door I think you can see it but the center is a V symbol in Vinyl.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

yeah I got light shining through...looks like **** @ night...dude before I got it attempted to black in the holes with a Sharpie..you can imagine what that looks like, gots to find me a hookup to cut me some vinyl, rural Alabama go figure, Thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 02:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by M_T_Pockets
Thats what they make chocolate and vanilla for. It was all about beeing on a budget. If you look at 90% of Touring cars you will find carbon roofs and yellow fogs. Just sticking up for myself here, but dont you go to chruch every sunday? Hence the reason you want to know if a hard gutair case will fit in the trunk, because your children are in the back seat? What are you teaching your children if your bashing someone you dont even know on a internet forum? I dont do mods expecting everyone will like them, I do them because I like them. That is what makes me uniuqe..
Yes I do go to church every Sunday. I'm trying to save your soul here. You're spraybombing and stickercharging a very nice car to oblivion... Different strokes I guess, but when you find yourself in a fume fog having just spray painted the wiring loom under your hood, think about what I've said...

Sorry man, I'm shopping for a platinum CTS-V, and yours kinda set me off. Honestly, I like the looks of a clean V, and not one all covered with "stuff" trying to make it "unique". Good luck with your car. I'm out.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Hahaha... I gotta agree this car has set me off from the beginning. I wouldn't drive it if you paid me. But again to each their own. If you love it then that is all that matters! I am sure that if I wrap my car I will have some haters too. Just please fix the holes in your front bumper or put the plates back on. As much as everything else isn't to my taste at least it is finished.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

M.T.,
Not pissing on you bro', but can you cover the side markers with a carbon layer that prevents it from reflecting? Just looking out for ya, as I got ticketed for tinted tails, and this seems along those lines.
Keep posting M.T., as you will never get a consensus, but knowing you have helped a few is all that matters!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by onebadcad
M.T.,
Not pissing on you bro', but can you cover the side markers with a carbon layer that prevents it from reflecting? Just looking out for ya, as I got ticketed for tinted tails, and this seems along those lines.
Keep posting M.T., as you will never get a consensus, but knowing you have helped a few is all that matters!
Thank you! I will def keep posting.
lol I know not every one is gonna like it but that's kinda why I do it. It is all removable If need be but I like it my mood and style change so much that I will most likey only keep it this way a few weeks. Man I would have loved to have seen the comments, if I had paint my wheels the color I wanted too. Cronstruction Hazard flouresent Green! See to me its not a
"Cadilac" with my nose to the air. Its just another car, that happens to be well built despite a few flaws but none the less its just a car. If it had been a (Insert Coveted Car Of Dreams Here) I would do the same thing put what I want on It and call it mine. That why the I Heart Haters is right up front so everyone can see it.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

Well your budget ballin project has inspired me....I got a CAI from a buddy that he wasn't using, I saw it on a shelf in the garage and offered him Free dollars for it and he took it. It's gonna require a good bit of modding to get it to work...I'll post some pics later
Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM
master of the "jack"stand

I like everything except the fuel door and the fogs. The windshield sticker kicks ***.

While I was looking at the pics of your car, here is how I looked:

Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

I love the pedo bear. Its little details like that that truly make the car your own.

Badass V
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not a fan of covering things up with fake CF just for looks, but as you said, it's your personal taste. It's cool to see somebody taking a budget approach to common upgrades and a unique approach to other upgrades, whether I agree with the styling or not. To be clear, I love the way carbon fiber looks, and I would kill to have a CF hood, roof, and decklid. But to me, the benefit of carbon fiber is its light weight, while the appearance is a pleasant byproduct. I would love to replace parts with carbon fiber versions, but I wouldn't tape fake carbon fiber (or real CF, for that matter) to any part of my car.

Last edited by rjwz28; 06-28-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Buget Ballin