Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

On the way home!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On the way home!

Soooo heading home from DC last Sunday we came up on a Blue with white rag top ,C5 Vette on 495 in Massachusetts... What a laugh! As we came up side by side, my husband goosed it a little and so did the Vette and we pulled about a car length on him. So we slow down and get side by side again and I look over to see the woman in the passenger seat laughing and giving us the thumbs down?? So we got on it again but the Vette didn't. They came up aside us again, just to beep the horn and gives us the thumbs down again?? Moral of the story.. I'm looking for that guy cause I'd like to know what his deal was with that ****?? Maybe cause we're half his age?? Who knows! Don't hate on us!!

Just needed to vent!!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

It was probably some douchebag snobs who bought a Vette without really knowing anything about performance. They probably thought they were hot **** and are like the other 80% of people out there who have no idea what a CTS-V is. While I like Corvettes, I love driving a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, you'd be surprised how many guys that actually have a C5 Z06 see our license plate and still just don't get it when it clearly has LS6 on it lol! You're right, I think they were one of those couples that think they're better than everyone cause they drive a Vette. I like them too but not a rag top! I was really hoping that guy was on this forum!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

haha I just noticed you were in Raymond. I'm from Rochester originally, but the army has me in El Paso, TX. The sand is ruining my paint down here!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:08 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

el paso can be pretty bad. but having to put some wax and/or good sealer on the clear coat to protect it is better than salt erosion(winter) on the under carriage any day in my book.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SimplistikTA
haha I just noticed you were in Raymond. I'm from Rochester originally, but the army has me in El Paso, TX. The sand is ruining my paint down here!
Really? How old are you? Did you go to Spaulding High School?

Originally Posted by -T-
el paso can be pretty bad. but having to put some wax and/or good sealer on the clear coat to protect it is better than salt erosion(winter) on the under carriage any day in my book.
You're right! The winters suck here and they get worse every year! The V took a harsh beating this past year.. She needs a paint job!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha... sounds about right on the reaction from someone that thinks they just raced a CTS
Old 05-27-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always been a fan of the "sleeper"....I know the V isn't a true sleeper but since I've had mine...2 1/2 months now I've only seen one more...so for the most part I get the chance to jump on Mustangs and ricers and get one helluva look when I pull about 10 cars or so.....I love the 4 door *** kicker mentality that goes with this car!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Theyre just haters. They have a blue Vette with a white top. They were guaranteed that combination added 20hp and no one would be able to beat them.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -T-
Yeah the sand is so bad there that my insurance company (USAA) allows me to clam wind damage and get the whole car painted when I leave here.

Originally Posted by Lee-AnnMarie
Really? How old are you? Did you go to Spaulding High School?

You're right! The winters suck here and they get worse every year! The V took a harsh beating this past year.. She needs a paint job!
I'm 29. I graduated from Spaulding in 1999.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

good race, to bad they gave you thumbs down.

But sounds like the vette driver wasnt realy pushing his car.

I raced a few 6spd hard top ls1 vette back when I was bolt on only and got my *** handed to me !
Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SimplistikTA
I'm 29. I graduated from Spaulding in 1999.
Hmm how long have you been out of NH? Wonder if we have any mutual friends! I associated with a lot of people years older than me!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
good race, to bad they gave you thumbs down.

But sounds like the vette driver wasnt realy pushing his car.

I raced a few 6spd hard top ls1 vette back when I was bolt on only and got my *** handed to me !
The guy and his chick were total d bags, wish we could have had a real run with them.. We will own a ZR1 and vow to never be that kind of Vette owner!

It seemed like he was really getting on it, but who knows! Has a lot to do with the driver! I like what the guy said on another post about being guaranteed 20hp from the white rag top LOL!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lee-AnnMarie
Hmm how long have you been out of NH? Wonder if we have any mutual friends! I associated with a lot of people years older than me!
I left NH on Septmber 13th of 2000. It's a day I'll never forget LOL. I come back there on leave every now and then. I'll be up there again on the 16th with my family to watch my brother graduate from Spaulding. It's too bad I'm flying. I've never seen another V anywhere in New England and I always love meeting fellow V owners.