Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Where can I buy just an intake shield?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I buy just an intake shield?

I have a filter, I have a tube, I just need an intake shield.
Obviously I don't want to buy a whole kit just for 1 piece, and I don't want to attempt to make one...already screwed that up.

Any ideas? Anyone got one for sale?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there any way to cut up the stock airbox? Or too much trouble?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

My stocker went to someone local who needed one badly a while back......just my luck lol

I used a C5 battery shroud and tried to cut my own, but hacked it up pretty bad...now I have zip ties holding my air filter back as it rubbed on the pulley and wore a hole through the silicone coupler
Old 09-07-2010, 04:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

that trash can shield looked good, search around theres a thread kicken around here somewhere .
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my pulley cut through the coupler on my car too, i ened up buying a k&n kit just for the shroud, i had to buy an extra long 3.5" coupler (6") to attach the MAF to the plastic intake with the magnacharger kit, just to give a heads up in case anyone has the same idea
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just secure your components and allow for a little engine movement and you won't have any rubbing issues. The MAS has some holes (sleeves) on it for this purpose, if you don't want to go mickey mouse route. Just don't let it "hang"!

I know you're (OP) just looking for the shield, but look around for some ideas and DIY, or have somebody you know, if you're not confident in your abilities or lack resources (i.e. tools)...I'm in the process of doing this myself and have most of the materials, but not gonna release any info until it's done
Old 09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

JNR, I'd love to see what you're coming up with. I would love to have something made from sheet metal (I'd put some heat shield/heat reflector on it to prevent heat soak). If I had one that was metal, it would hold everything in place nicely. I'm just not that crafty. As I said earlier, I tried to cut a C5 battery shroud and it came out like crap and thus ruined my coupler. It wouldn't be too hard to bend up some sheet metal then throw on some weather stripping at the top to seal it up on the hood.

One guy had plumbed his intake outside of the engine bay. I'll have to look up that thread.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I plan to post some pics and/or info later...One suggestion is to look for an insulated cookie sheet; maybe one with alum. cladding on (back/bottom) and stainless or whatnot...If you go to garage sales/thrift stores, would be a good place. I haven't decided if I'll try to 'seal' the plate to the hood, but trimlok makes all sorts of goodies.

Nice thing is there is a hole thru the radiator shroud already there, if you remove the airbox and pita (to remove) rubber nipple. Not huge, but nice source.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...88-intake.html

A bit of cutting and it comes out decent. good luck!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sure you can find something on ebay for super cheap and then modify it a bit
Old 09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Crowned Customs
I'm sure you can find something on ebay for super cheap and then modify it a bit
the trash can cost me like 7 dollars and change and some rubber trim from the auto parts store...

Quick Reply: Where can I buy just an intake shield?