Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo when are you going to start selling a kit out of your garage? Come tax time I would definately take one. Just saying.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by big reg
Sooooo when are you going to start selling a kit out of your garage? Come tax time I would definately take one. Just saying.
The thought has crossed my mind.... I just don't think it could be done cheap enough for the majority of V1 owners to consider it, unless I worked for free and that aint happening.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Nastiest V ive ever seen!!! looks great!
Old 12-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Launching!

nice work man, very impressive!! Ya make the kits and sell them . PM me if so!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big reg
Originally Posted by VmanUSA
nice work man, very impressive!! Ya make the kits and sell them . PM me if so!
He has talked about it guys, but like he said in his reply he isn't gonna work for free. he knows he can do it faster now, and he has talked about a price... but when parts are around 5k... and it would take him prob at least 10 nights (Prob more) well... you can add it up. Like he said, most v1 guys wouldn't wanna spend the money, but if your serious...
Old 12-21-2010, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GulfM3
The thought has crossed my mind.... I just don't think it could be done cheap enough for the majority of V1 owners to consider it, unless I worked for free and that aint happening.
i got pocket lint and beer...will that cover it?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Domsz06
He has talked about it guys, but like he said in his reply he isn't gonna work for free. he knows he can do it faster now, and he has talked about a price... but when parts are around 5k... and it would take him prob at least 10 nights (Prob more) well... you can add it up. Like he said, most v1 guys wouldn't wanna spend the money, but if your serious...
If you have the time to invest into this thing,
Might be worth putting a number to it
(one you can make money on) ...... Just to see what kinda response you get.

" Keep in mind the V owners are a tough crowd to please "

Fantastic job on this build & good luck with it.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Super sweet set up. You did a great job. I know what the packaging concerns with packaging the turbos where you did. I did a nearly identical build in 2007 but my motor didn't last long due to a valve spring issue (valve float @ 6500 RPM, and BOOM!)

I posted everything on the Caddi forum back then, and I'm in the process of building a new engine for it.

Here's my new engine build....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-take-2-a.html

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Hope you don't take this as a thread jack. Thought it was cool that we went the same direction. I live in TX now as well, we should get together and compare notes when we both have the bugs worked out.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by skydiver
If you have the time to invest into this thing,
Might be worth putting a number to it
(one you can make money on) ...... Just to see what kinda response you get.

" Keep in mind the V owners are a tough crowd to please "

Fantastic job on this build & good luck with it.
he is toying with it, and I know he has a price in his mind but it's not my place to say it.

He could do a kit and sell it.... but that also requires other items he would need to protect himself with etc etc. I'm not sure though that a kit would work, since pretty sure there is still going to have to be "tweaking" for every car, and not the average person could do it, maybe wrong on that one not sure as we never talked about Kits, just custom installations.

There may be something in the works. He will for sure chime in if he wants to. You guys all know he is good on that!

Pretty sure he is busy today with work and what not....
Old 12-21-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

I dont mind spending money on any car I own. I like to keep the vehicle at a certain price point though in order to offset the total investment in the car as I dont finance them. I just bought 5K worth of wheels and tires and coilovers for my V1. I have been toying with what I want to do in the spring. I am looking at the Mast LS3 heads and a TVS kit. A TT kit would be very nice though.

The only issues I see are exactly what you mentioned. Little tweaks here and there btw cars as no 2 are the same and it would be better suited to have the vehicle present to do the the install, fab work etc... due to these issues.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cadivette
Super sweet set up. You did a great job. I know what the packaging concerns with packaging the turbos where you did. I did a nearly identical build in 2007 but my motor didn't last long due to a valve spring issue (valve float @ 6500 RPM, and BOOM!)

I posted everything on the Caddi forum back then, and I'm in the process of building a new engine for it.

Here's my new engine build....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-take-2-a.html

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Hope you don't take this as a thread jack. Thought it was cool that we went the same direction. I live in TX now as well, we should get together and compare notes when we both have the bugs worked out.

No thread jack at all. Bummer about your motor,I saw some of your pictures on the other forum but I didn't know exactly why it blew. A few people have warned me to use heavier valve springs because the manifold pressure will contribute to valve float at high rpms, I'm running PRC double springs. I would for sure be game to meet you and compare setups.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

A few people have warned me to use heavier valve springs because the manifold pressure will contribute to valve float at high rpms, I'm running PRC double springs.
Which PRC springs are you running? I have the dual .675 lift and have broke two within 10 months of install. I hope my springs are an isolated incident.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

I have their regular double spring to .650" lift, my cam is pretty small... It's actually a blower cam 224 232 .581 .595 114. SNL doesn't advertise their cam specs, but obviously higher lift and quicker lift rates are harder on springs. What springs are you running now and how many miles on them? I have close to 15k on mine, probably about time to change them.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have their regular double spring to .650" lift, my cam is pretty small... It's actually a blower cam 224 232 .581 .595 114. SNL doesn't advertise their cam specs, but obviously higher lift and quicker lift rates are harder on springs. What springs are you running now and how many miles on them? I have close to 15k on mine, probably about time to change them.
I'm running the PRC dual .675. I have about 10k miles on them. We are going to run the same ones as you have now, the dual .650 as soon as I make it to the shop after vacation.

My cam is somewhere around 228 232 and well in the 600s in lift on a 111.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

he is toying with it, and I know he has a price in his mind but it's not my place to say it.

He could do a kit and sell it.... but that also requires other items he would need to protect himself with etc etc. I'm not sure though that a kit would work, since pretty sure there is still going to have to be "tweaking" for every car, and not the average person could do it, maybe wrong on that one not sure as we never talked about Kits, just custom installations.

There may be something in the works. He will for sure chime in if he wants to. You guys all know he is good on that!

Pretty sure he is busy today with work and what not....

Yeah, it's not a totally bolt on kit & there gonna be some tweaking involved........ An that could be a problem.
Epp was doing the ProCharger install on the V in house only, But then they started selling a kit,... There were so many problems with people calling them with screwed up installations.
And you know as soon as someone has a problem with the install they blame it on the kit.
They actually had to stop selling the kits & go back to in house install only.

Unfortunately Epp is no longer around
Old 12-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Staging Lane

I want to see videos of this bad boy on the street. Sick set up mine is still a few years off.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hXc95SLS
I want to see videos of this bad boy on the street. Sick set up mine is still a few years off.
I'm sure videos will happen once the holidays are over. You know how it is with Christmas and New years and Big families. Not a lot of free time!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

ballpark figure for us sending you our car to do this kit? i would take this anyday over a procharger, maggie or STS.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by smbstyle
ballpark figure for us sending you our car to do this kit? i would take this anyday over a procharger, maggie or STS.
Ball park would be $8,000 give or take a grand, The major pricing factor is what turbos you pick. I found mine rebuilt with a 1yr warranty for $800 a piece, new they are roughly twice that. If I had to do it again I would go with a T4 frame turbo, mainly because its easier to transition the 2.5" pipe from your stock manifold to a T4 flange. A T4 would also have more power potential but my T3's have more than enough potential to pop the stock short block, IMHO I'm on the edge right now.

I have thought about doing installs on cost plus pricing. I would get together with the customer to decide on the what they want for the major components, (turbo's, intercoolers, BOV, and wastegates) then charge the customer the actual prices for the materials and set dollar amount (~2k) for the labor and consumables (tig rod, argon gas, drill bits, grinding stones etc).

This would not include tuning. Although I could take the car to G-Force, the guys who tuned my setup and did a hell of a job.

Guys who are seriously interested shoot me a PM. Don't be in a rush, with the holidays and other obstacles such as setting up a LLC and becoming a vendor on Tech I don't expect to even start on another project till February.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sure videos will happen once the holidays are over. You know how it is with Christmas and New years and Big families. Not a lot of free time!!
Videos of my lowly old V1 dragging your V2's ***!!

Quick Reply: My Twin Turbo build, with pictures!