Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

XM radio trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question XM radio trouble

I have my I pod adapter hooked up to run through my XM satelite radio. I had it installed in march '10 on my 2005 V and never once had an issue untill the other day. I went to plug in my I pod and go to XM but XM wasn't there. My car just goes from AM-FM1-FM2 back to AM... I tried calling XM to have them send out a signal but with out being able to be on the preview channel they say its pointless bacause my car won't register it. I never subscribed to XM so it's not like they canceled my subscription, all I need the the preview channnely and thats all I ever used. Does anyone have this issue or are there any Caddy techs that can shed some light on this???
Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

This XM channels disappearing from time to time is a known issue. I subscribe to XM and sometimes when I start the car it's not there. Usually after a few restarts it comes back. What do you expect when our radio looks like an Atari 2600.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Hey don't knock atari! What did it ever do to you?!?!?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
Hey don't knock atari! What did it ever do to you?!?!?
lol...It only did good things. I still play video games today thanks to Atari! That said, Frogger looked better than our radio display.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Staging Lane

it has been quite some time now and i still have no XM... Is there anything i could do to fix it?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

what ipod adpater do you have? some of them will not retain the XM Radio. While some will retain one band (either XM1 or XM2).
Old 12-30-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, if you could tell me how to get rid of the XM bands, you'd be my hero Seriously, since my subscription ran out, it's a PITA to cycle thru so many 'bands' when they aren't active. Yeah, these radios suck suck suck, although (for oem) the sound isn't terrible (with CD) compared to most oem systems. But to be stuck with it, ugh ugh ugh. I rarely use my nav either, so a regular radio would be fine with me. Heck, just a CD player, as radio is nothing but commercials or mexican channels anyway, lol.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

buy a new reciever...haha. i believe they are programmed into the DIC permently.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
what ipod adpater do you have? some of them will not retain the XM Radio. While some will retain one band (either XM1 or XM2).
I have the USA-SPEC PA11-VETTE ipod interface. It was installed in May basically with in a week of owning my car and I have never had any problems with it until now... However when I plug my I pod into it it will still charge my I pod even though I cant get it to play music.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats a little wierd. i have the PA15, and in the owners booklet it says that it will retain XM2 but not XM1.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

so now that i haven't been able to listen to my i pod for wwaaayyyy to long, I'm having issues with the cd player. I could listen to a song and it sounds great and then static, terrible static. If i restart the song it will play clear all the way through. doesn't matter if it is a new cd or a burned one, loud volume or quiet, it seems to be completely random with no specific symptoms. It just plays static when it feels like it. Any ideas?

If anyone has an idea how to get my xm back I'd still rather have my i pod.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

if is was me, i would get the USA-SPEC PA15-VETTE.

everything i have read will say the same thing, that the PA15 is recommended for GM Cars/Trucks with Bose Stereo, Nav, CD Changer and XM.

but you could also unhook the PA11, and then redo everything to see if something is messed up in the wires.

USA-SPEC PA11-VETTE
USA-SPEC PA15-VETTE

as far as static goes, it could be something with the iPod interface. outside of that, i would have a clue what is causing that.

Quick Reply: XM radio trouble