Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help for the V's Rear end.... We got it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^They don't need to be run on a CNC, but least with a good, round bit and measurements and the endges and everything else need to be cleaned up. I know it's a PITA to work with thick steel, but with the right tools, it's not too bad and even my 'prototypes' don't look that bad. I would be ashamed to put that on my car (if I made that), let alone charge somebody that kind of money for it. I hope the seller makes good on this and learns a lesson. I bet the idea is alright, but you (seller) really need to go back to the drawing board on the manufacturing and presentation of this.

I'm a little confused on the welding it on statement above? Obviously you can't weld it to the aluminum housing, so not sure what that meant. Maybe you mean turn those stitch welds into continuous fillet welds or ? Just curious...

Anyway, I hope you make good on this and sorry to hear about getting something like this, along with the OBX and axles. I like your experimentation with new products, but hope to see some better luck, as this can give vendors a bad name to people who are on the fence. I know there are good fab/vendor/resellers out there, but haven't been too impressed on the V community yet and hope that changes, or else looks like I'll be making my own stuff.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNR_Design
^^^They don't need to be run on a CNC, but least with a good, round bit and measurements and the endges and everything else need to be cleaned up. I know it's a PITA to work with thick steel, but with the right tools, it's not too bad and even my 'prototypes' don't look that bad. I would be ashamed to put that on my car (if I made that), let alone charge somebody that kind of money for it. I hope the seller makes good on this and learns a lesson. I bet the idea is alright, but you (seller) really need to go back to the drawing board on the manufacturing and presentation of this.

I'm a little confused on the welding it on statement above? Obviously you can't weld it to the aluminum housing, so not sure what that meant. Maybe you mean turn those stitch welds into continuous fillet welds or ? Just curious...

Anyway, I hope you make good on this and sorry to hear about getting something like this, along with the OBX and axles. I like your experimentation with new products, but hope to see some better luck, as this can give vendors a bad name to people who are on the fence. I know there are good fab/vendor/resellers out there, but haven't been too impressed on the V community yet and hope that changes, or else looks like I'll be making my own stuff.
As for the welding, I was refering to welding the gridle itself as one solid peace. So there would be no need for bolts. You just couldnt remove it after that....

Yeah the headers I expected to have some fitment issues but not with something important like the steering shaft, I mean come on. A metal dolly should make some nice rounded dents in it and free up a little bit of needed clearence with out hurting the flow. Not to worried about that, its snowing here so it will have to wait a day or two before I get to it. The Axles sucked though, after I ground them down a bit it was easy but I shouldnt have to do that on a brand new product. I am also going to pioneer a way to get a tvs kit on our cars as well. Still digging around for some more infor and calling manufactures up getting much needed info. Ehh just trying to help push the platform forward thats all. To think I only had my V for 2 months now too hahaha. I can't leave anything alone well my Audi I never touch but that thing nikle and dimes me to death anyway lol.

Also not impressed with the community of this platform. I have started threads asking questions trying to get the info I need to get something other than the mp 112 as an option and I get no help...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Default My side

1st I would like to post the e-mail that I noticed that came in around 1 am from kaddo 101:

James,
Could I get a half refund for this and keep it or return it for a full refund? I would rather get a half refund for this and weld it all up or just ship it back. I am not happy with the quality really and fitment isn't what it should be. I would rather not go through paypal for this. You are a business owner and I am sure this should not be a problem, this should also reflect better on you if you could offer one or the other on the forum...

Francis Kaddo Mouawad

Before 10 am he turned it into Paypal.

He has had this Girdle for over a week. It is the same one that is on You Tube, the same exact one. Before it was Powder Coated it was bolted on too the rear end and all bolts where done to 45 lbs (Expect for larger frame attachment bolts). When it was done being Powder Coated it was re-bolted to the rear end as I said and the video was taken. If you view the video you will see that not only are all of the smaller bolts in but also the larger attachment point bolts are too.

I am not sure what welds he is referring too, however due to the thickness of the metal an arc welder had to be used and good penetration was done in all areas. All visible outside areas, as you can see in the video, look great. Because of the design and nature of the Girdle it is not necessary for the attachment spots (Bolts) to be precise, however if he put in all blots loosely and then brought them to torque the girdle would be very rigid and strong.

We have sold others, however we did the installs and our customers liked them and I will try to get them to join the forum and report on their experience.

I did not misrepresent on any of it. I said they were hand made and I showed them on You Tube to show off the product and got very positive response expect for price from some.

When I came up with this design it was to help save my Rear end without having to ship my car down south for a 9” and have the car cut up. Never did I think this would be a good money maker but a way to get something out there that worked and get the ball rolling on a business that I Love. I would Love to keep it as something that I can send out and someone could install themselves but I am afraid that it was a bad idea. If I did something wrong, if I did not test fit it several times, if I did not tell him that we prefer to install it for him, If I did not tell him they were hand made and there might be some minor fitting needed then I would feel obligated to have him return the item. But look at the Girdle on You Tube, every bolt is in its proper place the only reason I did not torque them down to 45 lbs is because it just got done being Powder Coated. I/we have done nothing wrong and the unit has been installed.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TCP1
1st I would like to post the e-mail that I noticed that came in around 1 am from kaddo 101:

James,
Could I get a half refund for this and keep it or return it for a full refund? I would rather get a half refund for this and weld it all up or just ship it back. I am not happy with the quality really and fitment isn't what it should be. I would rather not go through paypal for this. You are a business owner and I am sure this should not be a problem, this should also reflect better on you if you could offer one or the other on the forum...

Francis Kaddo Mouawad

Before 10 am he turned it into Paypal.

He has had this Girdle for over a week. It is the same one that is on You Tube, the same exact one. Before it was Powder Coated it was bolted on too the rear end and all bolts where done to 45 lbs (Expect for larger frame attachment bolts). When it was done being Powder Coated it was re-bolted to the rear end as I said and the video was taken. If you view the video you will see that not only are all of the smaller bolts in but also the larger attachment point bolts are too.

I am not sure what welds he is referring too, however due to the thickness of the metal an arc welder had to be used and good penetration was done in all areas. All visible outside areas, as you can see in the video, look great. Because of the design and nature of the Girdle it is not necessary for the attachment spots (Bolts) to be precise, however if he put in all blots loosely and then brought them to torque the girdle would be very rigid and strong.

We have sold others, however we did the installs and our customers liked them and I will try to get them to join the forum and report on their experience.

I did not misrepresent on any of it. I said they were hand made and I showed them on You Tube to show off the product and got very positive response expect for price from some.

When I came up with this design it was to help save my Rear end without having to ship my car down south for a 9” and have the car cut up. Never did I think this would be a good money maker but a way to get something out there that worked and get the ball rolling on a business that I Love. I would Love to keep it as something that I can send out and someone could install themselves but I am afraid that it was a bad idea. If I did something wrong, if I did not test fit it several times, if I did not tell him that we prefer to install it for him, If I did not tell him they were hand made and there might be some minor fitting needed then I would feel obligated to have him return the item. But look at the Girdle on You Tube, every bolt is in its proper place the only reason I did not torque them down to 45 lbs is because it just got done being Powder Coated. I/we have done nothing wrong and the unit has been installed.
Once the rear plate was installed and the hole had to be bored out a little more so (really sloppy) just to get bolted in. Pictures dont lie I posted them on the forum, you are the only one who thinks this is a A+ product. Its installed on my car and some bolt simply dont line up all the way, even with your looooose tolerences lol. I got several e-mails back from you at 2-3 am. either way I was going to go to paypal because your last 3 e-mails I had after talking with you about the quality you didnt have any intention of offering a refund. I wouldn't mind a refund for half then just weld the entire thing as one solid peace (my brother can weld a lot better) and just keep it to see what happens. Or if you want it back to re-sell this fine grade product thats fne by me too...
Old 12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Banned

Default A picture is not always what you think at 1st.

Here is a copy of my reply to Paypal:

You sent me an e-mail at 1 am stating that you wanted to keep the Girdle but you wanted half of you money back after it has been installed on the car. You told me you wanted to resolve this without turning it over to paypal. Not only did you turn it over to Paypal before 10 am, you turned it over twice so they put 2 holds ($775.00) on my account. When you took a picture of a bolt hole you did it off angle to make it look bad. You have white flaky stuff all over the parts that makes the parts look bad. You had the part for over a week the same part that I bolted together several times, chased all the bolt holes and made sure everything bolted together just fine and can be verified on You Tube as the Black Girdle is your Girdle. The Girdle on my car is the prototype that I had to take down and modify several times because of gas tank clearance. I did this after it was powder coated and it doesn’t look a quarter as bad as the one you did (None of the Powder Coating is off). As far as exhaust pipe clearance I told you it should be fine and it is the same exact pattern as the one on my car on You Tube. I can not control how the pipes were bent and it is a lot easier of a fix then the pipes you have to bend/indent on your headers. You have more than enough room on the other side of the pipe and lower control arm and a small tweak is all it should take. I charged you $775.00 and that included shipping. We rushed it out to you and we forgot 1 bolt out of 20 and I apologized about that several times. Because you wanted it shipped right away and I had to go back out of town, I had my 17 year old Son box it. Because we did not get the bolts from our supplieras I told you, he had to go to 3 different hardware stores to get the needed bolts and be back at the shop and box it before UPS came an hour later. After you complained about it, it was found on the desk where he boxed it. Once again I am sorry about that but that is the only thing we have done wrong. That equals out to about $2.15.Once again your Black Girdle is the one on You Tube, all bolts where installed on a CTS Rearend.

You do not install something on a car, scratch it to Hell and then demand not that I take it back, but give you half you money back. Then tell me you want to resolve this one on one and not turn it in to Paypal and then before 10 am, during Christmas Break, not only turn it in once but twice so they put a hold on twice my money. The video on You Tube proves that all bolt holes lined up and the bolts were able to be tightened which is your main complaint. I have no doubt that if you would have installed all bolts loosely 1st and then tightened them there would have been no issues and this is nothing out of the ordinary in this field.

As far as having to lower the back of the rear end cradle, it is only needed because of the 2 long bolts that attach the back of the rear end to the cradle and the spare tire area, which was explained to you. The person that asked about lowering was asking about the Half Girdle which I replied probably will need to lower the Cradle just like you would to put in a bushing kit.

I have been fair and honest from the beginning, pictures can be made to look worse as we have already seen. My honest opinion is you saw what people where saying about it being priced a little high. You saw I told people $700.00 if they ordered by Monday not knowing shipping was not included and you felt you got over charged and now you want some money back.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

I will take all the bolts out and take pictures of all the bolt holes so everyone can see how off everything really is. It bolts up to the diff fine but once the bolts go through the mounts they dont want to line up anymore and when its tightend down theres a gap that you cant pull in with just 5 screws. I will take further pictures of your fine hand made product. Paypal has time constraints to file a claim. I was approaching that time frame to be unable to file a claim so I chose to do so, instead of getting the run around. I made the first payment and didnt get notice it was done for about 3 weeks. Then I made the second payment in full that night. 3 weeks is no rushed job in my opinion, (time it took me to get it). Ill pay for the powder coating if you want but the bulk of the money should still be refunded. Also you said shipping was on the house and YOU offered that up not I. I explained all this in e-mails to you and you said it was made this way because every car/diff would be different like GM hand makes there cars like you do your products. Listen its not my style to bash a guys work or on the forum. I'll let paypal handle it, if you take me up on the offer and refund half (first payment) then I can cancel the other claim. Or we can just let paypal handle it and who ever they decided is it, however I am sure it wont reflect good on you if you dont. This product isn't professional grade nor worth 750. I dont think you will get anymore sales on this forum or the other (I am on both).

This thread should not be about bashing, I can handle the rest of this through e-mail/paypal if you want. I will also post up more pictures of the bolt hole alignment so every one else can get an even better picture of everything because your asking me to do so.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could also post in this section on here if you'd like. LS1tech Sponsor Feedback

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback-70/
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Banned

Default You brought it here.

You have already stated that you opened up the holes so it would fit (so who did what, on what holes). Looking at the pictures you can see how there is a white flakey coating on the parts that wasn't there when we shipped out and it makes the parts look bad. You took a picture at an angle (left and up to the hole) instead of head-on from the bolt hole. The Gridle has been thru Hell and you can see that by the Powder Coating being scratched to Hell, not peeling but scratched (which is not easy to do and you not complaining about on top of that).

There is No Way I can show a video with every bolt in every hole, close up, and you had to open them up even more to get the same Allen bolts in. I will repeat all of the bolt are in, on that video, bolted to a CTS rear end and you know that is your Girdle because I told you when I posted it.

I am done addressing this with kaddo101 and will continue to try to clear our name with one of our other customers giving their view on this forum on the Girdle. I apologize for taking up so much space to defend us. If anyone else has question please ask and I will answer tomorrow or ASAP there after.

Thank you
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TCP1
You have already stated that you opened up the holes so it would fit (so who did what, on what holes). Looking at the pictures you can see how there is a white flakey coating on the parts that wasn't there when we shipped out and it makes the parts look bad. You took a picture at an angle (left and up to the hole) instead of head-on from the bolt hole. The Gridle has been thru Hell and you can see that by the Powder Coating being scratched to Hell, not peeling but scratched (which is not easy to do and you not complaining about on top of that).

There is No Way I can show a video with every bolt in every hole, close up, and you had to open them up even more to get the same Allen bolts in. I will repeat all of the bolt are in, on that video, bolted to a CTS rear end and you know that is your Girdle because I told you when I posted it.

I am done addressing this with kaddo101 and will continue to try to clear our name with one of our other customers giving their view on this forum on the Girdle. I apologize for taking up so much space to defend us. If anyone else has question please ask and I will answer tomorrow or ASAP there after.

Thank you
The ONLY hole I had to do anything with was the rear right diff mount hole. That bolts the diff to the subframe and I stated that. Everything else is your work. It got installed in a car, scratches happen get over it. I put it on a tranny lift to install it, metall on metal and moving it around because of poor craftsmanship will cause all that. If it fit like a glove I am sure it would still be nice a pritty., fact of the matter is it didn't. So you wont refund my money because it got scratched. I will personally powder coat it for you and return it, if you would like.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Old 12-28-2010, 08:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

850 wheel horsepower vr4? You must have a couple of records with that thing? If you have a custom car like that why are you moaning over dimpling a header?
Old 12-28-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

-2004 Platinum/Ebony CTS-V, OBX LT 1 7/8" (w/ header wrap) with HF Cats.... Those aren't cats btw lol
Old 12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

So this guy has had a problem with every item he bought and installed recently, headers, diff girdle and g-force axles. Hmmm
Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big reg
So this guy has had a problem with every item he bought and installed recently, headers, diff girdle and g-force axles. Hmmm
ya really, thats weird.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Banned

Thank you for noticing that. I read when people tried to help him in the Supercharged forum with his snappy comments and knew problems were comming. I raised and lowered the rear in my V more times then I can remember and not one scratch. Thanks again.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't have a problem with the header just letting others know about how it rubs. They wanted feedback. Just letting them know about it so they can do something with it before they install it. So they dont have to take it out and reinstall it, saving them trouble. China headers, I knew they wheren't perfect, just letting everyone who wanted a review about them. You want this gridle? Ill give you a discount lol. I'll take more pictures so you can see soon. The point is if you pay 750 bucks you should get your moneys worth. As far as my VR-4 that car is always breaking at that power level so I run it at the 600 trim. No records for me they are pushing 1300 AWHP, I dont have that budget. Plus the cars getting old and finding parts is getting harder... Anyhow everything else on my car doesnt have problems. Headers just hit the steering shaft. no big deal, just letting people know. Whats wrong with that? Axles I requested a picture from Geforce waiting to here back. The inner stubs didnt want to seat at all. I fixed it and installed them just wanted to know if it was a common problem or just mine thats why I contacted them.

Pictures will speak louder then any of my words. I bought cheap headers, knowing that there are ok. They rub, I dont have a problem like I said just informing others. Axles I contacted Geforce, maybe I was just one case? The diff gridle, well there are pics, there will be more trust me. I dont see any of you buying one now do I? not for 750. I am going to take some pics tomorrow for you guys. Ill make sure to take them straight on to see the quality!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by big reg
Well the dude has only been on the board for ~2 months and having that many issues in that short amount of time... well, not sure what to say there. Fool me once, fool me twice.

Whatevs... good luck on the build.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't think how long you've been on a board is super revelant in many cases. I mean, I've been on here 9+ years and didn't post until recently. I bought my V about 6 months ago, but have been doing cars, fab, design, whatever you want to call it for 22 years now. Doesn't take long to get up to speed on a new platform and GM is pretty consistent. Not saying that is the case here, just saying.

I was expecting crappy fitment from a chinese rip off company (OBX) and the axle thing could've been an honest mistake and a coincidence; who knows...this girdle thing bothers me though.

I'm trying to stay out of it, but at the same time, it seems odd to me, this "craftsmanship" of this "company". Just my observation and I will not bash it until I see more, but from what I could tell on the higher quality pics (vs. cameraphone, dimly lit on youtube) is it was not very finished and certainly looked prototype to get some dimensions and stuff. If that were the case and it were sold that way, up front for a big discount, then cool. I do not know the entire story here, but hope it can get resolved and if this vendor does make a quality product, please start posting up some high quality pics of actual units that customers bought and installed, along with their 'independent' testimonials, etc. or else this does not look good thus far. I am not taking sides, btw, just commenting on the limited info I have seen so far...I mean, everybody must understand $750 is a lot of money for something like that. Even with materials, 'engineering' and overhead (small with garage fab) there is money to be made and that's perfectly fine IF the product is top notch. Otherwise, price it accordingly (say $350). Just MO and experience in the 'bidness' (not just here, but in my professional day job)

Last edited by JNR_Design; 12-28-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MastaAce98
Well the dude has only been on the board for ~2 months and having that many issues in that short amount of time... well, not sure what to say there. Fool me once, fool me twice.

Whatevs... good luck on the build.
My Father has been a mechanic for 25+ years and owns/runs his own shop. My brother has been one for 15 years and did the welding school. Trust me when I say this isnt our first rodeo. I will take more pics tomorrow night for you if you do not believe. Also the axles where a pita because for one like I said I had to cut one axle in half to remove it because it was seized in the spindle. Maybe that was my underlining issue. Either way I contacted GeForce about it. Its not like it took me long to install everything but the axles where a PITA not the headers. re-read my post. I also just explained how to dimple/dent in the proper way so other that know less could. Trying to help other members is a bad thing on this platform? The short shifter, bushings and mounts where perfrect. The headers fit and didnt leak, just rub the steering shaft, but to the point it would bind. You take all this as I have a lack of know how. Funny, will see how far along I will progress with my car this summer...
Old 12-28-2010, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

so do the headers make good power?

does the girdle help your rear stay in one peice?

do the axles work well with the girdle to allow you to launch the car decently?

people complained before that axles had surface rust on them, but if the axles does its job i am not one to care how it looks cosmetically. same goes for the girdle.... unless you are going to have people under your car to stare are parts.

Quick Reply: Help for the V's Rear end.... We got it.....