Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help for the V's Rear end.... We got it.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info on the other forum and I probably will but I have to watch my overhead (Small Company, Big Heart). I joined this one 1st because of the other types and the fact that we are a Magnacharger Dealer. I have done everything asked and what I can't, like price, I have explained. Example: I'll buy one but show me it on a car with a High RPM launch. Everyone has seen that on You Tube. It is a good product that works or else I would not even think of offering it. It is not easy offer a product to a lot of the V people and that is fine!! like I said it works and there is no cutting of anything on the car and for 92% of the V's it is what you need*.

*Not excluding: Bushing Kit, Anti Wheel hop
Bar, Bushings, and axles.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

Default Yeap

Yeap You Tube shows a 3800 rpm drop.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Staging Lane

I have this kit already and will install it tomorrow, I will also post up my "honest" opinion about it.... Not sure if the OP will like it or not...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

how high of a clutch drop will you do???
Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by serik21
how high of a clutch drop will you do???
Thats not why I bought this hahaha, but knowing me I will lol. Its cold out here and I can drive in second punch it and spin mid ~20's out.... For 750 (what I paid for feedback) is a lot for the product. I will take a lot of pics tomorrow so you guys can decided for yourselves if you want to buy this set up or not. Tomorrow I will be at the shop at 530am installing this gridle, Geforce axles, spectra werks bushings, CS MM (I already installed thier drive shaft/tranny/diff mounts), LT headers and HF cats. Should be fun, new plugs while I am in there too. So I will have to take out the V and Launch it hard hahaha. Maybe I can get a friend to video it for me, but its cold out so I dont know...
Old 12-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Launching!

So, does the front girdle installation need too have the cradle moved/lowered or is it a bolt-on.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Banned

It might be possible or you might get away with lowering the front with out having to take the driveshaft out.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TCP1
It might be possible or you might get away with lowering the front with out having to take the driveshaft out.
Diffs got to come out and the rear of the rear subframe has to be unbolted completely, pain in the ***. Will post pictures and a report about this tomorrow, this is not for everyone and for the price not for anyone....
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Looking at the front girdle only . . it would appear that with the exception of the top two bolts,(left side) it would be a -
- Bolt-On Front Girdle
If the left side of the girdle were shortened to exclude the top two bolts, I still think it would have sufficient strength.
And I'm still thinking - a support mount could be fabricated to the left side. This would yield a much better support mechanism than BMRs 'pinion brace'.
What do you think Jimmi?
Remember: we are all a little cheap (some-'alot of cheap')
and I do not want to see your efforts go down . .
. . marketing ideas . . affordable & easy . .
. . a little tweaking of the product.
Bolt-On is key to sales.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stepside
Looking at the front girdle only . . it would appear that with the exception of the top two bolts,(left side) it would be a -
- Bolt-On Front Girdle
If the left side of the girdle were shortened to exclude the top two bolts, I still think it would have sufficient strength.
And I'm still thinking - a support mount could be fabricated to the left side. This would yield a much better support mechanism than BMRs 'pinion brace'.
What do you think Jimmi?
Remember: we are all a little cheap (some-'alot of cheap')
and I do not want to see your efforts go down . .
. . marketing ideas . . affordable & easy . .
. . a little tweaking of the product.
Bolt-On is key to sales.
Is this bolt yes, do you have to unbolt the entire rear and subframe yes. Worth it maybe so maybe not. Easy no, but if you have a lift and tranny jack its not to bad...
Old 12-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Here are some pics I took. I installed a lot and did a review for the OBX headers in that thread at the same time, Click here for images.

This gridle is poorly constructed and looks like a 14yr old built it. The bolt hole tolerence was unacceptable. The cuts look like A$$. I am sorry but for 750 (what I paid for feedback) I wanted something a little more professional and more like a craftsman would do. My brother looked at it and said he could build one give some time a lot better. I just bolted it up and put it in since I paid so much for it already. I was told by the OP that it was built with loose tolerence because every car/diff would be different. Last time I checked we mass produced stuff really well??? Could just be me but I am sure your diff is the same as mine... Any way the picture of the one bolt hole is just like the rest, if you dont believe me call me out and I will pull out some more bolts and take some more pictures. The pictures say everything for themselves...
Old 12-26-2010, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow that girdle looks rough, really rough.....lets just hope it makes up for how bad it looks by how well it works.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Wow that girdle looks rough, really rough.....lets just hope it makes up for how bad it looks by how well it works.
If the tolerences were tight the bolts would share the same amount of stress. This gridle how ever with how sloppy it is some bolts will get more than others due to it only contacting one part of the hole since it was drilled out so much. I might just have my brother weld everything solid, but at this point it wont be bolt on anymore and cant be removed. The thought in its design was great but the application sucks. I could have these made full gridle machined perfect (I know people) for less than 750 but thats what I thought I was buying... I also like to be lazy and not make my parts, how ever I have learned my lesson on this one. Next time I will have my buddy make me plates at his work and drill them out to spec within a .001" tolerence! Then have my brother weld everything up for me... Oh well I will make this one work and just weld it in since I over paid for it....
Old 12-26-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kaddo101
If the tolerences were tight the bolts would share the same amount of stress. This gridle how ever with how sloppy it is some bolts will get more than others due to it only contacting one part of the hole since it was drilled out so much. I might just have my brother weld everything solid, but at this point it wont be bolt on anymore and cant be removed. The thought in its design was great but the application sucks. I could have these made full gridle machined perfect (I know people) for less than 750 but thats what I thought I was buying... I also like to be lazy and not make my parts, how ever I have learned my lesson on this one. Next time I will have my buddy make me plates at his work and drill them out to spec within a .001" tolerence! Then have my brother weld everything up for me... Oh well I will make this one work and just weld it in since I over paid for it....
Id be packing that **** back up and shipping it back, if he doesnt wanna refund your money i dispute it with paypal. Im glad the OP stepped up and tried to make something to help us but damn, do it right... not fast and cheap.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Id be packing that **** back up and shipping it back, if he doesnt wanna refund your money i dispute it with paypal. Im glad the OP stepped up and tried to make something to help us but damn, do it right... not fast and cheap.
I just e-mailed him, awaiting a response. I asked for a half refund then I will just weld it all together and say F*** it. Or if he didn't want to do that a full refund or I am going to try with paypal if he doesn't want to play ball. Hope being a business owner and all he doesn't do a refund it wont look good on the forum. 375 I can live with the quality as I am just going to weld it in place and call it good...
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welding it is a good call, if it works as advertised, great! Your diff will last forever and will never need to take the brace off. If not, just take a torch to it and cut it off, the diff will be garbage at this point anyways, so no loss there.

Somehow I think you'll be cutting it back off eventually
Old 12-27-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If you're looking for a CTS-V that makes some serious power (ie: north of 600rwhp) let me know, I'd be happy to demo a unit for you. This way we know it's tried and true.

I've been looking for something that works that I don't have to worry about when I want to run more boost on my D1SC.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Wow, thats not good and that piece looks like sh*t! Sorry to hear about that man!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

I tried to e-mail him and didnt get anything back. I made a claim through paypal... Will see what happens...
Old 12-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Launching!

kaddo101, -
I saw the pictures of girdle you posted.

I commend your time, effort, & risk taking.

The 'unit' looks like a rough prototype.
Not like the youtube pictures.
All those bolt holes should be precision machined on a CNC.

We have all learn at your expense . $ . . -- it 'sucks' man . .
SORRY this happened.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Quick Reply: Help for the V's Rear end.... We got it.....