Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?

I want to lower my V. Its stock at the moment. I would like to go with Eibach springs. Please give me your opinion from experience on which route to take. Also i heard from my friend Frick i will need some spacers.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Gill
Attached Thumbnails Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?-iphone-pics-2011-01-29-001.jpg  

Last edited by GuLuMoNeY; 01-31-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

I have the eibach kit and love it, rides just the same as stock. You will need spacers though of you plan on keeping the nivomat shocks. Hit up mightymouse on here, he makes the spacers. I just got stock cts shocks for the back so I didn't have to mess with spacers
Old 01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rocket2ya
I have the eibach kit and love it, rides just the same as stock. You will need spacers though of you plan on keeping the nivomat shocks. Hit up mightymouse on here, he makes the spacers. I just got stock cts shocks for the back so I didn't have to mess with spacers
Thanks. Yea i read his thread. Do you know how much he charges for the spacers?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I highly recommend H&R springs with mightymouse spacers. He charged around 60 for the rear shock spacers. My avatar is my car with this setup.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I highly recommend H&R springs with mightymouse spacers. He charged around 60 for the rear shock spacers. My avatar is my car with this setup.
I like your setup! whats the drop on your springs? i dont want to go too low and i like yours cuz its not dumped!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wanna say maybe an inch all around. H&Rs are the least drop except for coilovers and im very happy with how it came out. I wasnt looking to slam the car.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

I wonder if my seller put that kit on when he did the H&R... what should I be looking for? What are the drawbacks to NOT having that spacer?
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Without spacers after you ride around for like 10 minutes youll be back to stock ride height in the rear cause the nivomat shocks will automatically level the car back out. The spacers trick the shock into thinking its already at the stock height basically. To check youll have to pull the carpet back and look at the rear shock towers int he trunk. Mine you can see when the car is on the lift but there were a few different spacers made so they arent all the same.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would go with full coil-overs. eliminates any ride height issues all together. those who have them would agree there isn't a better way.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Dont listen to tony, he dont know what he's talking about!! Just cut all your springs in half and your good man!
Attached Thumbnails Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?-my-v-slammed.jpg   Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?-my-veee.jpg   Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?-other-angle.jpg  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

im kidding man, lol....deff go with a full coilover if money is not a problem. im sure you wont regret it at all.

if you cant, then all the other options you are left with are good as well. h & r, eibach, or GC. you will need those MM spacers. im on GC and have no complaints. i wana switch to tonys suspension in the next year or two
Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

if i remember correctly, Eibach does not make a Pro Kit for the CTS-V. they only have one for the regular CTS, which use a different supspension set up then the V.

if that is correct, you have 3 opitions to go with:
GC Kit: couple hundred bucks and works will the stock suspension.
H&Rs with MM spacers: that will run you about 350ish. nice look and decent price.
Full Coil Overs: about a grand for those. better look and slight better ride quality.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eibach's, MM spacers, done deal.

Mine rides like gulu's does stock.... And it's in-between the H&R's and a slammed look. The back has a slight rake, so when I'm on the gas or have cargo/people in the back it doesnt look like the *** is dragging lol
Old 01-31-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I wanna say maybe an inch all around. H&Rs are the least drop except for coilovers and im very happy with how it came out. I wasnt looking to slam the car.
I have this setup and honestly its ok on the street. it isnt low enough to look really serious and when you push it on the track the car leans and dives way to much. this summer im gonna pull them off and go full coil over.
Originally Posted by tony tone
i would go with full coil-overs. eliminates any ride height issues all together. those who have them would agree there isn't a better way.
this.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had to use the MM spacers with my GC
Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
I have this setup and honestly its ok on the street. it isnt low enough to look really serious and when you push it on the track the car leans and dives way to much. this summer im gonna pull them off and go full coil over.

this.
I dont track mine i daily drive it during the warm months so it suits my needs, but even it really tight turns i get zero body roll. If you have the money coilovers for sure since you can tune them to your needs.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the responses! This is definitely good feedback!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i actually tighten up my rears a few weeks ago and i must say it's a stiffer faster reacting feel. i love it. passengers that have been in the car with me since have made nice comments about the handling once i get on it and start driving the car.

if you're not looking to slam the car, get your springs with those spacers as you'll most likely get about an inch all around (give or take). when you want to eliminate hands and not fingers from your wheel gap, you'll need to step up to coil-overs.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tony tone
i actually tighten up my rears a few weeks ago and i must say it's a stiffer faster reacting feel. i love it. passengers that have been in the car with me since have made nice comments about the handling once i get on it and start driving the car.

if you're not looking to slam the car, get your springs with those spacers as you'll most likely get about an inch all around (give or take). when you want to eliminate hands and not fingers from your wheel gap, you'll need to step up to coil-overs.

Got it! Thanks! Now i just need to find me some springs! lol anyone have any for sale?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
if i remember correctly, Eibach does not make a Pro Kit for the CTS-V. they only have one for the regular CTS, which use a different supspension set up then the V.
they do make one for the v, thats what i have. but i have no experience with the spacers.

Quick Reply: Whats the best kit/way to lower a 04 cts-v?