Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

sacramento area guys!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sacramento area guys!!

whos down to get together for some pics? what days work for u and what time?
Old 04-20-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ferny
whos down to get together for some pics? what days work for u and what time?
I'm free anytime accept mon-fri 8-4:30 lol

There's a couple others that would be down as well....
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

lets do it man....im guessing the weekend will probably be best....
Old 04-21-2011, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Hey guys. I'm actually going to be moving out there (Roseville) in May. I'm in Tennessee now. I was curious as to if there were any V guys there, so this answered my Q! Is there a good shop too?

Frick: How are you getting away with no cats (your sig)? I'm keeping my TN plates and registration (have a house here too) so I shouldn't have issues. Wondering how you're getting by.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

well we deff neeed to set something up...i got a buddy from the CF who is down aswell...he has an all black V. lets do it on a saturday afternoon, or a sunday. either day works for me
Old 04-26-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I live dead smack in the middle of Roseville lol. Nice place, you'll like it. How old are you?

I haven't ran cats on a car since I was 16 lol and there are a few good shops,yes.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

FRiCK:

Thanks man! I'm 32. You can pretty much see everything about me (car articles I've written, cars I've had and modified, how hot my wife is... jk) on my website at jaredcullop.com. I'd love to walk into a cool car scene. Glad to hear that Roseville is a cool place. We're looking for an apartment right now, all of which are in North Sac. Any ideas? She gets a $1675/mo housing stipend, so we can get a pretty cool place. 3 month lease only, then we're off to Redding for 9 months.

I'll be driving in around May 20 with a 24' International Penske truck with a four wheel (none dragging) hauler behind it with the V on it.

I'd love to talk mods. I've had the car a month or so and have done the cosmetic stuff (springs, painted the wheels, 5% windows all around, bigass stereo, muffler delete) as well as the Hendrix/DSS axles, Gen 4 diff, Hendrix clutch and lightweight flywheel, Katech shifter, etc. Need to be around a place that can tune this thing and put some headers on it... maybe a cam and some headwork.

Looking forward to it!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

blakt out! our cars look alike! lol urs is very clean! and yes we have friends that can do all that work for ya. and have a couple known tuners that are good! hit us up when your in town. drive safe!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GuLuMoNeY
blakt out! our cars look alike! lol urs is very clean! and yes we have friends that can do all that work for ya. and have a couple known tuners that are good! hit us up when your in town. drive safe!
Thanks man! I'm in town now. Actually live in Folsom. Pretty great area! If you would, email me at jared@jaredcullop.com. I need to have some subframe bushings installed.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

guess i cant be part of this photoshoot anymore :-(
Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

Blakt out. I sent you an email!

Ferny! what did you get now?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Just replied, buddy. Thanks!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Hey fellas -

So I'm taking my car into Force Fed Tuesday. I'll be there all day with it, in case anyone wants to swing by. Having a tune, engine mounts installed, subframe bushings, etc.

Wanted to ask something theoretical though. Let's say there's a guy from TN, where there is no inspection, and he came to California for a year. He brought his CTS-V in from TN, but has been told already that he is supposed to have a CA registration after only 20 days. This same guy still has a primary residence in TN that he owns. Only actually in CA for 9 months, renting. Then back to TN. Does he really have to register in CA? And if so, does cutting the mufflers off hurt the smogabality (it's a word)?
Old 06-26-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They're good guys at FFP. Bill tuned my car.... I'll swing by on my way home from work.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Rock on. I'll PM you my phone number. If you want, I'll buy you a beer when you come by. I'd love to pick your brain on your mods, as well as having a car like this in a Communist Hippie state.

Also, I'm assuming the dyno results in your sig were done there on the same dyno I'll be on. All I will have is a K&N FIPK, NGK TR55s, MSD 8.5mm wires with boots, 160 degree thermostat, LS7 clutch and flywheel, Hendrix/DSS axles (just wanted to put them on here so you can see where I'm going with the car), no mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust and his tune. Would you give your best educated guess as to what you'd think my numbers will be on the same dyno? I won't get my feelings hurt. We're going to find out soon enough. Without trolling through all the threads and making my own educated guess, I'm going to hope for 350RWHP, give or take, and 325RWTQ.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Blakt Out
Rock on. I'll PM you my phone number. If you want, I'll buy you a beer when you come by. I'd love to pick your brain on your mods, as well as having a car like this in a Communist Hippie state.

Also, I'm assuming the dyno results in your sig were done there on the same dyno I'll be on. All I will have is a K&N FIPK, NGK TR55s, MSD 8.5mm wires with boots, 160 degree thermostat, LS7 clutch and flywheel, Hendrix/DSS axles (just wanted to put them on here so you can see where I'm going with the car), no mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust and his tune. Would you give your best educated guess as to what you'd think my numbers will be on the same dyno? I won't get my feelings hurt. We're going to find out soon enough. Without trolling through all the threads and making my own educated guess, I'm going to hope for 350RWHP, give or take, and 325RWTQ.
hey wats up bud. sorry i havent replied back to your emails. been busy lately. i'll try and stop by and say wattup. FFP is a good shop! also i think you will put down 360ish! my car dyno'd 352hp 352trq at another performance shop in the area with the stock tune. different dyno but i doubt there will be a huge difference in numbers. maybe a few. anyways we'll find out tomorrow. =) my car only had an intake and magnaflows, now i'm running with no mufflers also.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Sweet! Our cars seem to be nearly identical. Only thing I can see would keep me from jumping into yours is that I'm set on not having to put that plate in the middle of the front bumper!

See you tomorrow, dude. A beer for you too!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

picked this up, man i miss my V. but i guess these are the sacrifices we make for our family when the going gets tough

dont hate me guys, a V2 will be in my future, just not at the moment
Attached Thumbnails sacramento  area guys!!-inchegra.jpg   sacramento  area guys!!-inchegra2.jpg   sacramento  area guys!!-inchegra4.jpg  
Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Turbo kit? Jackson racing blower? C'moooon... Lol
Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, none of the above!

Quick Reply: sacramento area guys!!