Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS6 Whipple neaaaarly done...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would love for you to share the information, as doing something like this in the future is what I'd love to do!

Congrats on getting it running, can't wait to see some vids of it!

And Timeslips!

-meaty
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does the blower sound bud , im plannin on getting the dragonrace kit fore my 2002 WS6
Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blacklightning744
how does the blower sound bud , im plannin on getting the dragonrace kit fore my 2002 WS6
The blower sounds awesome... an order of magnitude louder than the Maggie. I'm afraid I no longer have a sleeper!

Dragon 'technically' stopped production of this kit... you would need to contact them to see if they're open to making more. Also, we've been talking to Peter about an upgraded manifold to fit a bigger HX. The original design was to clear the hood of a stock vette. Since we have more room, we could have a taller manifold and still clear.

I can take some pics and stuff of the custom work that was needed later next week when I get the car back from tuning. Unfortunately I was fighting an electrical issue until last night, so the tuner won't start until Monday.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

Let me know the details on the bigger HE when ya find out, I am also interested in it,
Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Tommy, how did your car do? Is it done tuning? They picked mine up today, but the tuner I've requested is gone for the weekend, so they won't start on it until Monday.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Glad you finally found the wiring problem! Need to get a video up of how the whipple sounds! (and im still interested in your maggie set up...let me know!)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Tommy, how did your car do? Is it done tuning? They picked mine up today, but the tuner I've requested is gone for the weekend, so they won't start on it until Monday.
Car is at the tuners right now, but they are a super busy shop. I dropped it off for Thursday, but they have drag races on Friday so I'm not sure how far they got. Hopefully by Monday at the latest I'll have it back.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
I can take some pics and stuff of the custom work that was needed later next week when I get the car back from tuning. Unfortunately I was fighting an electrical issue until last night, so the tuner won't start until Monday.
Please do that would help me soooo much
Old 06-05-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
Please do that would help me soooo much
+2!!!

-meaty
Old 06-06-2011, 03:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy hell even i'm anxious to see what it puts down now, can't imagine how you're feeling.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

LOL, I'm definitely excited, but keep in mind with the 4.5" pulley I should only be making ~7PSI. I can't push the stock block too far!

Now I need to start saving for that built motor...

BTW, the tuner called, the O2's are not reading correctly... have to get new ones. Hopefully they can find them locally and that doesn't slow down the process!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

They better find them locally! Lively or Peters should most def have them in stock. Your having my kind of luck... one thing after another haha.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Tommy any updates?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Still at the tuners, it's actually starting to **** me off. I know they are super busy, but really how long does it take to tune a car? I don't think they really even looked at it.
They said they will be doing a MAF based tune an dthat's about all the info I got. I could have went somewhere and got in sooner but went with these guys because they are known as the best in the area.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Well just spoke to the tuner and am very dissapointed. He say's he has to pull the tiniming so far back on the blower because the Iat temps are so hot, that I am making less HP than stock. He seems to think that the blower is either too big/ moving too slow to move the air efficiently or there is a problem with the blower itself. So now what I'm at a loss?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Man that doesn't sound right. I'm assuming you have verified the pump is working and is pumping fluid (ie the system is burped and there's no air trapped in there?). What size air cleaner are you using?
Old 06-11-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

yeah pumps working. Air filter is like 7+" long x 4"inlet
Just emailed Peter at DRE too
Old 06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If they're puttin 1.2L whipples on Miata's, and making decent power out of a 1.8L 4 cylinder, I can't understand how putting a whipple with almost 3x as many L of volume, on a motor that's over 3x the size of the miata as far as displacement, and that blower is not feeding the motor enough air, or "blowing fast enough."

Hell, look at what this guy is running with a less displacement:

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewto...6d565cacf165da

-meaty
Old 06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Been reading up on the Corvette forum, and the one guy that had one seize up from over heating, was due to a vaccum leak/faulty by pass valve or improper vacumm routing. Maybe this is the problem, either a leak or faulty by-pass, causing heat to build up. I'm waiting to hear back from Peter, before I decide my next step.
The tuner I went to is convinced that it's too much blower for the engine and it's not spinning fast enough for the air to circulate efficiently and that the intercooler under the blower is too small.
I'm not so convinced, considering some run this set up without an intercooler.
I figure it's either a by-pass valve issue or the blower itself is causing friction, but the later seems less likely to me.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

That sounds plausible. You could verify that the bypass valve is open when idling and in light throttle, and closes when WOT by watching it while he's on the dyno. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles... it seems we're both having a rough time with this!

My head is still at the machine shop. No word yet on if they will be able to extract my broken bolt (w/ broken easy out stuck on top of that), or if I have to get a new one.

Domestic tranquility is suffering...

Quick Reply: LS6 Whipple neaaaarly done...