Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

More Spectre Challenge Videos (starring Midnight Rider)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More Spectre Challenge Videos (starring Midnight Rider)

http://youtu.be/0Blz3Ho_eqQ

I need to finish editing the last one and I'll post that up later today. It has a cool shot from a mini-helicopter...!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome vid man, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Here's another one.

http://youtu.be/qnIVdE0TAUE
Old 08-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Awesome passes and soundtrack!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

That was awesome. How did the Monster 2 clutch hold up?
Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Yummy...
Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whisler151
That was awesome. How did the Monster 2 clutch hold up?
The clutch kit held up perfect. As a matter of fact, I actually broke in the clutch last year with a track day. I beat the hell out of it and nothing bad happened.

On a side note, I am starting to have quite a bit of difficulty getting into third gear when I'm really flogging the car. I am pretty sure that is because I have worn motor mounts that are mis-aligning the motor and tranny.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet vid.
@ 15 seconds, on the left side of the road, it looks like a mangled person laying there,...possibly howdy doody based on attire. lol.

Cool vid
Old 08-16-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Sweet vid.
@ 15 seconds, on the left side of the road, it looks like a mangled person laying there,...possibly howdy doody based on attire. lol.

Cool vid
Thanks, man. And that's really funny, I never noticed it, but it does look like a mangled person. I think it's just a pile of camera equipment or corner worker survival gear.

On a side note, we did have one corner worker that wore a top hat all the time, it was pretty ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That my friend is a BADASS video. Does the "Midnight Rider" see much street time? It sure looks to be an impressive track car that's for sure....Keep the vids coming
Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tweeter81
The clutch kit held up perfect. As a matter of fact, I actually broke in the clutch last year with a track day. I beat the hell out of it and nothing bad happened.

On a side note, I am starting to have quite a bit of difficulty getting into third gear when I'm really flogging the car. I am pretty sure that is because I have worn motor mounts that are mis-aligning the motor and tranny.
I am noticing the same thing...I'm on my 2nd set of stock mounts and I was making a couple of street runs last week and I missed 3rd twice....Just had to RAM it in to gear and hope there was no carnage. The mounts were bad when I bought the car and had the same issue. CS mounts coming soon.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
That my friend is a BADASS video. Does the "Midnight Rider" see much street time? It sure looks to be an impressive track car that's for sure....Keep the vids coming
I'm glad you guys liked the vids. I do drive the car to work when the weather is nice. It's mostly just a weekend/car show/track day toy now. It still rides pretty good, but the smoked headlights make it really hard to see at night, but I hardly ever have to drive at night anyway. I think I am at the point where I probably won't mod the car any more (other than upgrading parts that fail as part of maintenance) because it is dangerously close to becoming a little too hard for what I use it for. I want to start saving money for a new Corvette (C7 maybe?) which will be my hardcore sports car and the V will be relegated to cruising/car show duty (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I would even consider using the V for long road trips as it really is a great trip car.

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
I am noticing the same thing...I'm on my 2nd set of stock mounts and I was making a couple of street runs last week and I missed 3rd twice....Just had to RAM it in to gear and hope there was no carnage. The mounts were bad when I bought the car and had the same issue. CS mounts coming soon.
Yeah, I have to absolutely ram it in third too, and it really sucks. The CS motor mounts will be the first mod I do next spring.

What color mounts are you going with? I am leaning toward the black ones that are supposed to be almost as soft as stock...I don't want any more vibrations, I have enough of those as is.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

I'm prolly going with the black ones as well...I couldn't remember which were the softest. I use mine as a sales vehicle and I put about 5-7,000k a month on the interstate.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

OMG COP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Blz3Ho_eqQ&t=1m44s