Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

has anyone.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone.....

Hey guys, i have a silver 05 V, debadged, blacked out grills and rims, and did the clear fog mod. Any chance anyone has blacked out the rear lisence plate pannel between the tail lamps? almost like a GTO? one of my employees had the idea- just dont feel like spraying it black and then respraying it silver if it looks stupid....
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plasti dip it.. if you dont like it, peel it off...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Instead of hefty hefty hefty. Plasti plasti plasti
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

if im going to spend the time to do it i might as well do it right- we have the satin black paint from when we did the rims and grills, i just figure somebody at some point has tried it- id like to save some time if it looks stupid haha. I have a 2006 black cts- we swapped the pannel over to my silver V and it looked weird. but i think with it being satin it will look pretty decent.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

So spray it with a clear plasti dip for about 4 layers, and then satin it... If it doesn't look right, its removable because of the plasti dip. Win\Win
Old 11-17-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Btw. If u painted ur grilles ur gonna be pissed off in a couple thousand miles. Unless you like the look of chips
Old 11-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

painted the grills a year ago- not one chip in them?? we used ppg semigloss
Old 11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

so i stole the lisence plate pocket off of my black cts today since we were closed- didnt have time to wash it but im fairly certain i like it.... im going to paint my silver pocket satin black, and tint the 3rd brake lamp and tails...... sorry for the crappy pic- was in a rush to get home for dinner
Attached Thumbnails has anyone.....-cts-v-black.jpg  
Old 11-25-2011, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would do the whole vertical side of the trunk and the under side of the spoiler......going to look good.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't really say I'm a fan... kinda makes it look like a lesser 03 base model with the plastic piece.
Old 11-25-2011, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Can't really say I'm a fan... kinda makes it look like a lesser 03 base model with the plastic piece.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

yuck.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

i dont know yet thats why i stole the one off my other befor we sprayed anything. it looks good on a corner shot with the black rims.... for now im going to tint the tails and 3rd brake light and rethink it out. i also have to straighten that right rear exhaust tip its bothering the hell out of me
Old 11-26-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 54inches
I would do the whole vertical side of the trunk and the under side of the spoiler......going to look good.
Like I said, if it were me and you were looking for something different to do, I would black out the whole rear end, ESPECIALLY if you are going to do the tails.

So, to recap, black out the entire area between the tails, above the bumper and under the spoiler.

Plus, Silver cars with blacked out lights look gay anyways, and this would help tie everything together.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Cant find the yt video but i made a screen shot of this one several months ago. It has tinted tails and 3rd brake light. To each their own.....
Attached Thumbnails has anyone.....-ctsv-painted-license-plate-area.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

see i kind of really like that....
Old 11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RRsV
Cant find the yt video but i made a screen shot of this one several months ago. It has tinted tails and 3rd brake light. To each their own.....
That looks FN terrible....
Old 11-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Troll Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts (thebigjmsho, JimmyHemroid, AND Junior1))

Originally Posted by RRsV
This looks great! Painting the whole back of the trunk would look Stupid. With tinted tails even gayer. Tinted tail lights on silver looks good, on a black car it looks extremly GAY! Just look at nightrider....midnightrider. Whoever that idiot is from wyoming with the blacked out V. Ridiculous looking
Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cadzila
This looks great! Painting the whole back of the trunk would look Stupid. With tinted tails even gayer. Tinted tail lights on silver looks good, on a black car it looks extremly GAY! Just look at nightrider....midnightrider. Whoever that idiot is from wyoming with the blacked out V. Ridiculous looking
Tinting lights on a light colored vehicle is like having clear lights on a dark colored vehicle; just plain dumb.

Tinting the lights was for a stealth look so everything looks almost monochromatic, style-wise. The same is true for clearing out lights on a light colored vehicle, for everything to flow together.

But much like the ricers, the statement above is stylistically remedial. I guess Chef was an idiot as well.

Kids these days see some style and the attach themselves to it and they have no reason why they want to do it, ie tinted tails, ridiculous wings on a 90hp Civic, tires that stick out of the fender-wells on a 4x4 when there is plenty of room IN the fender-wells, fender vents and sagging pants.

Please continue the trend, Darwin would be proud, it helps the rest of us weed out thoughtless when the Apocalypse comes.

WARNING: This is my opinion and you are not going to change it and hence I am not trying to change yours; emkay.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pic RRsV posted would look good with the bottom area of the bumper satin as well.

I must disagree with Cadzila on the tint. It does look much better on a dark car. Although if they are tinted lightly and polished out they look fantastic on a light color as well.

Quick Reply: has anyone.....