Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

vizual mods update: shady

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default vizual mods update: shady

This is what she looked like a while back.

then I painted the grille But it started to chip a few months after i painted it so wanted to give Plati-Dip a try-- old look:

New:::::
I finally got some free time and did a few mods.

a buddy with a e46 M3 hooked me up with the contact info for Dallas Steering wheel.. did a group buy and got 10% off

the Black Alcantara, silver stitching with 1/16 padding and its perfect IMO, i wouldn't go any thicker. The wheel was already pretty big and i didnt want it to stick out to much. The quality is top notch and worth the money to me.

I think it looks similar to the swayyyde OEM V2 wheel. Just pulled the battery terminal, let it sit while i was painting the front and then did the swap in less then 10mins. broke the spindle nut loose. banged on the while 2-3 times. Didn't need a steeringwheel puller at all. The wheel is not pressed on. You cant mess up the install either. the splines only line up one way. one of the easiest mods i have ever done.

I may go back to the Chrome Cadillac Crest and coat of arms. don't know yet.. Looking for some feed back..
I'm also looking for a used Air deflector to complete the look. don't feel like payin $120 for a rubber strip so its gone for now

cardboard to protect the radiator. nothing special needs to be done for prep. just needs to be clean and dry.. if you mess up it peels right off

the Black Alcantara matches the seats well in person.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Frankly, I think you deserve an award for managing to shoehorn almost every possible chintzy modification into one package.

The only CTS-V worse than yours was a guy named Persian V--he reupholstered the entire interior in purple suede with gold stitching.

One question: did you actually pay $300 for all of those billet aluminum ***** on eBay? Maybe you should've thrown that money into better headers. Or, while you're on eBay, grab some replacement center caps--yours look rusty/corroded.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 12-17-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Frankly, I think you deserve an award for managing to shoehorn almost every possible chintzy modification into one package.

The only CTS-V worse than yours was a guy named Persian V--he reupholstered the entire interior in purple suede with gold stitching.

One question: did you actually pay $300 for all of those billet aluminum ***** on eBay? Maybe you should've thrown that money into better headers. Or, while you're on eBay, grab some replacement center caps--yours look rusty/corroded.
Better headers?? SW are one of the best.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Give the guy a break. ****.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wcryan
Give the guy a break. ****.
He asked for feedback. I don't understand why people that give positive feedback are never subjected to the same kind of treatment as people that give negative feedback.

I stand by what I said. You don't have to agree with my comment.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was asking for feedback on the cadi crest. thats about it cuase i like the look. your entitled to your opinion fuzzy nuts no biggie.. i bought the all the ***** & locks for $100 back when they came out
Old 12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i could put some chome pillarz and portholes...
Old 12-17-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I liked the grill better with the chrome around the outside and chrome emblem. It would be nice to see just the inside (colored part of the emblem) black.

Love the steering wheel, just wish i had the extra coin.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

At least he cAn pull the stuff off the crest cause he used plasti dip!!!!!!! Hooray
Old 12-17-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Ouch! Well somebody is honest... IMO it looks fine. At the end of the day the car is in your garage. It's your car...do what you want with it. There's always going to be somebody that doesn't like one thing or another. I agree with nikon about the original look. I was a fan of the the chrome surrounding the grill and the chrome cadi ebmlem.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

This is Calebhindes CTS-V. Although I obviously don't like the matte plasti-dip look, I think you'll agree that the black really sets the emblem off.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you have to cut your license plate to fit it down in the lower grille area?
Old 12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Although I'm sure that nobody wants to pay $130 for a motorized license plate holder, it's probably cheaper than cutting your license plate in half and messing up your bumper to mount it.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

You bought a Cadilac, bring back the crest.
+ 1 on the potholes. But the chrome pillars are over the top. Unleeeessss,,,you do the trim around the windows, tail lights and get a chrome gas cap door. If your gonna do it, do it right.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Teching In

I think it looks good...not my personal prefence but to eat their own.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Look good Will, when will you be back i n jersey? I really dig that steering wheel.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Teching In

I think the steering wheel looks great! and I really like how you carried the black over the lower lip of the air dam. Billet inst my thing but I have no idea why people care how the inside of your car looks, any one who supports the aftermarket is good for all of us who do mods... I went for the bright wreath look and if cadillac wants me to advertise for them they can start sending me checks or maybe a ls9 clutch kit then I'll make sure every one knows what car I am driving.

And the grill comes off fairly easy and the lower wasnt that hard either plus it was my excuse to spend more time in the garage while extended family was in town
Old 12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by drhyed
I think the steering wheel looks great! and I really like how you carried the black over the lower lip of the air dam. Billet inst my thing but I have no idea why people care how the inside of your car looks, any one who supports the aftermarket is good for all of us who do mods... I went for the bright wreath look and if cadillac wants me to advertise for them they can start sending me checks or maybe a ls9 clutch kit then I'll make sure every one knows what car I am driving.

And the grill comes off fairly easy and the lower wasnt that hard either plus it was my excuse to spend more time in the garage while extended family was in town
Where did u get that emblem made
Old 12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Teching In

8th day creations, took several emails and almost 2 months to get my order and after getting it i wasnt sure how it would look. Its a black vinyl overlay to cover the caddy emblem and then a "aluminized" emblem. It needed just a little trimming but Im pretty happy with the end result. Also did the trunk...

Old 12-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
Nit-Picking here, but you gotta yank your wheels and paint the hubs on the rotors. The wheels and brake calipers look too good to have rusty hubs.

The rest of the car looks good too!
Attached Thumbnails vizual mods update: shady-cts-v-1276.jpg  

Quick Reply: vizual mods update: shady