Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Extensive detail, updated pics and considering a sale. 20" forged wheels on coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Extensive detail, updated pics and considering a sale. 20" forged wheels on coilovers

most of you know what she looks like, but these are just some pics i snapped with my phone after a buddy of mine detailed her pretty damn good. it's amazing what a clay bar does. got the wheels polished too so they're looking pretty awesome right now. once i get an ad going i'll have my buddy come over with his SLR and get some quality shots. she's a 2005 with 80k miles and runs perfect. i just had the radiator replaced as she was leaking as most do by about 70-80k miles and i've never had issues with her other than that. i also had the clutch assembly replaced 5,000 miles ago with a brand new LS7 clutch kit with Jamie at vera cadillac. i'm hoping i can sell her how she sits now so i won't have to take the wheels and suspension off to sell independently, but considering i've put $10,000 in to it with modest and tasteful mods, i'm looking to list it at $22,000 to see if i get any bites.

mods:
Volant CAI
LS7 Complete Clutch Assembly w/ flywheel

360 Forged Split Seven wheels with custom finish and match-painted windows
20x9 245/30/20 Nitto Invo front
20x10.5 285/25/20 Nitto Invo rear
ABSOLUTELY NO CURB MARKS

K-Sport Complete coilovers

and some so so pics for now:

so what do you guys think? i'll most likely be putting an ad together within a month and will have better pics. she truly rides perfect, i just have the bug to get in to a new V now.

keep in mind i know it may be too low for some, but it's completely adjustable. although i will add that it's been dialed in like this for quite some time and have absolutely no issues daily driving it as it sits. it doesn't rub in any single place what so ever. all the fenders have been rolled/pulled accordingly, hence the ability to tuck a 285 tire on a 10.5" wheel. alignment is good too. been on these tires for over 2 years this low and have about 60% left on the fronts and about 40% on the rears.

i'd appreciate any feedback possible as i'm starting to get pretty serious in the thoughts of jumping on a new CTS-V. thanks as always...

tony.

Last edited by tony tone; 01-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sick!!!! Almost a lil to low for me, but looks like a beast...
Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Subscribed in case there's a chance you want to sell only the wheels.

So you're tellin' me there's a chance...
Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

I think you should put it in the VEHICLE CLASSIFIEDS like everyone else is required to do. Or have the rules changed and we are allowed to sell whatever where ever we want to now? Is this allowed on that other site? I doubt it....
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 AM
Launching!

I agree but this isnt an official for sale ad. He said he's not selling it for a month or so. this is more of a feeler thread looking for input. Way to try to bring him down though!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 AM

lulz....
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

GLWS Tone

Originally Posted by Junior1
I think you should put it in the VEHICLE CLASSIFIEDS like everyone else is required to do. Or have the rules changed and we are allowed to sell whatever where ever we want to now? Is this allowed on that other site? I doubt it....
Originally Posted by JimmyHemroid
lulz....
a combine 10 posts, thank you for your dedicated work to contribute to this site
Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

the 20s look nice color matched , tint would look sweet as hell on it and its a little too low for my liking esp the rear is too low, other than that sick ride.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your tenured experience on this site has clearly spoken. Thanks for the suggestion, especially considering it's not a for sale ad but rather an update to those who haven't seen my car is quite some time if at all. She was quite popular when I first put everything together, but that was almost 3 years ago so this was a simple refresh.

That said, I can always raise it a bit for the sale, but I've also been told that if I decide to do that, might as well take them off and put the stockers on. My only problem with that is my stock wheels has complete **** tires so I'd have to come out of pocket for a decent set, and an OEM replacement at my cost is about $140 a tire.

Thanks for all the comments....
Old 01-17-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hot ride! you should do a lil under the hood pics also if you decide to sell her... Good Luck Bro!!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Suck it Tony...haha. She is looking good, GL when you decided to sell her.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:40 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
a combine 10 posts, thank you for your dedicated work to contribute to this site
Originally Posted by tony tone
Your tenured experience on this site has clearly spoken.
LMFAO!! GL with the sale and let us know how it works out.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOLAG05
Hot ride! you should do a lil under the hood pics also if you decide to sell her... Good Luck Bro!!
not too long ago, and nothing has changed since other than it's cleaner now after the detail:

Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Man GLWS I love the stance and look of your V!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM

once i get an ad going i'll have my buddy come over with his SLR and get some quality shots. she's a 2005 with 80k miles and runs perfect. i just had the radiator replaced as she was leaking as most do by about 70-80k miles and i've never had issues with her other than that. i also had the clutch assembly replaced 5,000 miles ago with a brand new LS7 clutch kit with Jamie at vera cadillac. i'm hoping i can sell her how she sits now so i won't have to take the wheels and suspension off to sell independently, but considering i've put $10,000 in to it with modest and tasteful mods, i'm looking to list it at $22,000 to see if i get any bites.

mods:
Volant CAI
LS7 Complete Clutch Assembly w/ flywheel

360 Forged Split Seven wheels with custom finish and match-painted windows
20x9 245/30/20 Nitto Invo front
20x10.5 285/25/20 Nitto Invo rear
ABSOLUTELY NO CURB MARKS

K-Sport Complete coilovers

so what do you guys think? i'll most likely be putting an ad together within a month and will have better pics. she truly rides perfect, i just have the bug to get in to a new V now.

i'd appreciate any feedback possible as i'm starting to get pretty serious in the thoughts of jumping on a new CTS-V. thanks as always...

tony.
Thanks for the suggestion, especially considering it's not a for sale ad but rather an update to those who haven't seen my car is quite some time if at all. She was quite popular when I first put everything together, but that was almost 3 years ago so this was a simple refresh.

Thanks for all the comments....

Not for sale huh... whatever dude. Sure looks like you are selling it to me. Rules are rules. The # of post's or length of membership doesn't entitle you to break them or make you any better than any other member. Get real
Old 01-17-2012, 01:06 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
GLWS Tone

and this is your contribution? Laughable
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

lets all give it up to our new 5 post moderator junior1. Welcome to the club man. Could u move this thread for us? Thx
Old 01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jcollege
Man GLWS I love the stance and look of your V!
thank you.

Not for sale huh... whatever dude. Sure looks like you are selling it to me. Rules are rules. The # of post's or length of membership doesn't entitle you to break them or make you any better than any other member. Get real

calm down stock watch. unlike yourself, me as well as many others have been around here for quite some time and i'm very well within the terms of service in requesting feedback on the future sale of my car.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car looks awesome, I would love to own it!
Old 01-17-2012, 02:34 PM

calm down stock watch. unlike yourself, me as well as many others have been around here for quite some time and i'm very well within the terms of service in requesting feedback on the future sale of my car.
Funny I don't similar post over on the cadillac site, where you are one of the top butt sniffers I might add. Possible it would not be allowed over there? I wonder....

Quick Reply: Extensive detail, updated pics and considering a sale. 20" forged wheels on coilovers