Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

It is a sad day for Chevy 8-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default It is a sad day for Chevy 8-(

Poor C5 and C6! Lady had a seizure while driving her 5th Gen Camaro SS thru Cars & Coffee Plano, Texas and took out a couple of vettes... We're just lucky that she's ok now and that no one was standing in between her and the vettes when it happened! Very lucky!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nyF4...e_gdata_player

Last edited by adanieljohnson1; 02-06-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

Chevy on Chevy crime should not be tolerated. Lol that's sad about the lady though. Luckily she wasn't on the highway or something
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

This made me lol and then feel bad about it at the same time!

Originally Posted by babbage1109
Chevy on Chevy crime should not be tolerated. Lol that's sad about the lady though. Luckily she wasn't on the highway or something
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

There goes her liscence for a little while
Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ yet another point for NOT letting women get behind the wheel... Thats one fancy kitchen she was driving there.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Launching!

I had 3 different strangers have seizures right next to me in various classes throughout college and it wasn't pretty. After the 3rd I was starting to think I have some sort of super power or something that forces people in to seizures lol. I remember thinking that I can't believe these people are allowed to have licenses and drive alone. All three were typical college students that commuted to class. WTF!?!? They all continued to drive after that. This guy I sit near at my work gets them as well and has to be carried out on a stretcher. HE STILL DRIVES TO WORK EVERY DAY! WTF!?!?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

^ that is scary to know
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Seizures can be very easily controlled by medications. But the problem is people not taking their meds at the right time or at all
Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Launching!

^ very true about the medication, i'm friends with a guy who has seizures and he is always on time taking his meds for it. he is the only person i've met or really even heard about who does not drive due to it, everyone always gives him crap about not driving cuz of it. i think it's the right choice, he's 23 and yea i'm sure it sucks not being able to drive and i get annoyed by having to cart his *** around sometimes, but its not worth him losing his life or taking someone elses.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's just shitty...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

I have a friend who has seizures and they could never figure out why, so the can not medicate it. However every time he has one the state takes his DL ( in IL) away for six months to a year. Wonder why that doesnt happen with everyone?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

he needs to see a different doctor. Yes there are many "other" causes for seizures ie: withdrawls, born with them, etc. etc.. But all seizures stem from the same thing in the end. Electrical activity surge in the brain.

Most people that get seizures have to be on trials of many different seizure medications until they find the right one.

I'd have your buddy look elsewhere for medical direction
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Cadzila's Banned Troll Account

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
I had 3 different strangers have seizures right next to me in various classes throughout college and it wasn't pretty. After the 3rd I was starting to think I have some sort of super power or something that forces people in to seizures lol. I remember thinking that I can't believe these people are allowed to have licenses and drive alone. All three were typical college students that commuted to class. WTF!?!? They all continued to drive after that. This guy I sit near at my work gets them as well and has to be carried out on a stretcher. HE STILL DRIVES TO WORK EVERY DAY! WTF!?!?
Smell your arm pits lately? i'm just sayn D00d....could just be you.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seizures are very common around us and effect the most unlikely candidates. Had a girl in my medschool class have a seizure right in the OR. A lot of times if a dose of meds is missed seizures are triggered by bright lights or movement in an automobile( especially if she was looking to the side and not directly ahead). The ever-changing scenery is what can trigger them. There are seizures called absence seizures which a lot of people don't even know they have. Its a kid sitting in class and the teacher complaining that he doesn't pay attention yet every so ofter his eyes will twitch and he is literally not with us for those few seconds. They are not really a threat however the one the lady had is most likely a tonic-clonic seizure and proper treatment with either barbituates or benzos would have prevented this predicament (phenytoin to be specific in her case). I do however feel that people with these conditions should be very aware of them and do everything in their power to keep themselves and others safe. Not taking your medication is simply ignorant especially if you can get it so easily in a country like ours. Wish I knew so much about cars would never have to pay a mechanic((( just my 2 cents

PS Oh no not the yeeellaaa z06
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
TECH Addict

Wish LS1tech had a like button so I could mark this post! It was great information... the lady was about to make a turn so I wouldn't be suprised if the lady was looking thru the side windows when she had the seizure! Oh, and yes the poor yellow Z06 8-(

Originally Posted by kl2onik
Seizures are very common around us and effect the most unlikely candidates. Had a girl in my medschool class have a seizure right in the OR. A lot of times if a dose of meds is missed seizures are triggered by bright lights or movement in an automobile( especially if she was looking to the side and not directly ahead). The ever-changing scenery is what can trigger them. There are seizures called absence seizures which a lot of people don't even know they have. Its a kid sitting in class and the teacher complaining that he doesn't pay attention yet every so ofter his eyes will twitch and he is literally not with us for those few seconds. They are not really a threat however the one the lady had is most likely a tonic-clonic seizure and proper treatment with either barbituates or benzos would have prevented this predicament (phenytoin to be specific in her case). I do however feel that people with these conditions should be very aware of them and do everything in their power to keep themselves and others safe. Not taking your medication is simply ignorant especially if you can get it so easily in a country like ours. Wish I knew so much about cars would never have to pay a mechanic((( just my 2 cents

PS Oh no not the yeeellaaa z06