Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmmm.....

LS3 longblock = $3K on average
Machine work + internals = $3.5K
R&R = ~$1.2K
Tuning and misc. odds/ends/harnesses etc = $800

Total: $8,500 - $1500 from selling the LS6 yields $7,000.

Or you could re-use your LS6 and do a 383 for ~$5K.

Or you could do an iron block 418 (even a 427) for ~$5K using stock LS3 heads.

Decisions, decisions....
Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
not to sound like a tool, but like start looking on ebay and salvage yards for a ls3 long block. thats would be a start to your $ involved question.
look at the engine sections of this site for answers on swapping parts,harnesses and so on. youve asked the same question 10x ..do some research on ur own and youll get farther than asking the same 5 guys the same thing ,just my .2cents good luck.
I have been researching. I'm just looking for more opinions from CTS-V guys. Plus somebody might be contemplating this very same thing and use this thread in the future. I'll look at the engines section, thanks.

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Lol get it back on topic? You were the original one wanting the maggie? Why is there even a thread about this? Everything that you stated in the title has different appeal depending on what you want. If someone cant figure that out than theyre best to stay away from the idea of going custom and stick to an ots product.
Yes, back on topic. You had a whole page of you selling your Maggie..your welcome And after researching, I don't want a 112 maggie. Hence I didn't buy yours. Sorry you are all butt hurt lol.

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Hmmmm.....

LS3 longblock = $3K on average
Machine work + internals = $3.5K
R&R = ~$1.2K
Tuning and misc. odds/ends/harnesses etc = $800

Total: $8,500 - $1500 from selling the LS6 yields $7,000.

Or you could re-use your LS6 and do a 383 for ~$5K.

Or you could do an iron block 418 (even a 427) for ~$5K using stock LS3 heads.

Decisions, decisions....
Thanks for actually contributing!

I know some people hate him, but Jesse from wait4me said he could install a LS3 for $7500 but he keeps my LS6. <- uses my accessories off it. But he likes those Lingenfelter boxes, and I'd rather change out the reluctor wheel to avoid it going bad.

I wouldn't have to lift a finger, and it seems like just an ok deal. Thoughts?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

#1 I would avoid the box and just put a new wheel on the crank.

#2 I assume that price is for a new stock LS3 longblock assembly. However if you are going to spend the money, I would ask for forged internals which would mean buying a used longblock and having them tear into it. With either option, that price sounds very reasonable.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I have been researching. I'm just looking for more opinions from CTS-V guys. Plus somebody might be contemplating this very same thing and use this thread in the future. I'll look at the engines section, thanks.

Yes, back on topic. You had a whole page of you selling your Maggie..your welcome And after researching, I don't want a 112 maggie. Hence I didn't buy yours. Sorry you are all butt hurt lol.

Thanks for actually contributing!

I know some people hate him, but Jesse from wait4me said he could install a LS3 for $7500 but he keeps my LS6. <- uses my accessories off it. But he likes those Lingenfelter boxes, and I'd rather change out the reluctor wheel to avoid it going bad.

I wouldn't have to lift a finger, and it seems like just an ok deal. Thoughts?

I'm all for being back on topic but don't take a childish stab at me and expect me not to comment in return. The question to be asked is why would I be "butt hurt"? I made a FS thread and it was sold in 2 days to someone local who didn't ask a ton of questions that lead me to think I was going to regret selling him the item. In fact I remember telling you several times that my item was not for you. You require something brand new IN THE BOX, so that you don't have to think OUTSIDE of the box. You would benefit from a shop that is making a good amount of profit and can afford to hold your hand. Before you go taking childish jabs, learn to walk with out your hand being held. This thread is a fine example, You asking repetitive question that have been discussed millions of times on various platforms, all because you're to lazy to search. This is me being "butthurt", not me stating the obvious of you wanting this thread to go in any direction that benefits you personally vs. a topic that it was originally attended for.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I'm all for being back on topic but don't take a childish stab at me and expect me not to comment in return. The question to be asked is why would I be "butt hurt"? I made a FS thread and it was sold in 2 days to someone local who didn't ask a ton of questions that lead me to think I was going to regret selling him the item. In fact I remember telling you several times that my item was not for you. You require something brand new IN THE BOX, so that you don't have to think OUTSIDE of the box. You would benefit from a shop that is making a good amount of profit and can afford to hold your hand. Before you go taking childish jabs, learn to walk with out your hand being held. This thread is a fine example, You asking repetitive question that have been discussed millions of times on various platforms, all because you're to lazy to search. This is me being "butthurt", not me stating the obvious of you wanting this thread to go in any direction that benefits you personally vs. a topic that it was originally attended for.
I don't need you or anyone else holding my hand for anything, I've done PLENTY of **** on my own. In fact, I've done a ton of writeups to help others out.....which is exactly what I was looking for in this thread. Help from others. Isn't that what forums are for?

I asked you questions about your Maggie that you couldn't answer so you said don't buy it, lol. I'm glad you sold it, yay for you. Didn't know asking questions was a crime. Again, sorry for you being butt hurt.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
#1 I would avoid the box and just put a new wheel on the crank.

#2 I assume that price is for a new stock LS3 longblock assembly. However if you are going to spend the money, I would ask for forged internals which would mean buying a used longblock and having them tear into it. With either option, that price sounds very reasonable.
Ya, I was thinking it was a decent deal. Hell if I have to put the reluctor wheel on myself I will. I really don't want to rely on a box to potentially leave me stranded
Old 03-07-2012, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Ya, I was thinking it was a decent deal. Hell if I have to put the reluctor wheel on myself I will. I really don't want to rely on a box to potentially leave me stranded
Damn homie ur just blowing money left and right on that v1...5 years ago would have been worth it to me to go your route but think you should have used that money on a v2. Looks better and is simply new period. Just my opinion

Thanks for that detailed gforce write up btw...not for me but sure some will use it that decide to go that route...
Old 03-08-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kl2onik
Damn homie ur just blowing money left and right on that v1...5 years ago would have been worth it to me to go your route but think you should have used that money on a v2. Looks better and is simply new period. Just my opinion

Thanks for that detailed gforce write up btw...not for me but sure some will use it that decide to go that route...
I love my car, and I think the V1's are better looking than the V2's. Just my opinion. Plus, is it just me or does it look like the side mirrors are upside down? lol. Besides I did up the drivetrain first for a reason!

Ya man on the writeup, hopefully someone uses it lol.

Quick Reply: Procharger, TVS, Eforce, Maggie, H/C, Stroker??