Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are the best pics of mine that I have for reference....

Also, take note of where the fuel line is that the extension plugs into. I always finagle the fuel line further to the passenger side, swapping its location with the purge line so it is father away from the from the rear jack-shaft pulley. Zip tie the **** out of it so it does not move.
Attached Thumbnails That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....-dscn1110.jpg   That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....-dscn1112.jpg  

Last edited by DMM; 08-07-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I was referring the the device right below where the fuel extension is cut. It is sticking put pointing to the left.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Dang, sorry man. Never seen one. Possibly looks to be a pressure sending unit, which our cars do not use. I would plug it if not required.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea that's the sending unit for a fuel pressure gauge. I would leave it and use it if you ever buy a gauge.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Yea that's the sending unit for a fuel pressure gauge. I would leave it and use it if you ever buy a gauge.
Hey 1Badcts,

Another thing I noticed in your pictures is that you don't have the purge solenoid mounted anywhere. Did you use it?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Okay, I have the HEX mounted which was not problem at all. I then installed the HEX Tank brackets as instructed (Passenger AC Condenser mounts and middle radiator screw hole). Now why the heck don't the Tank's slots line up with the brackets? I can't pushed the tank any further to the passenger side.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Same problem I had many years ago.

They drilled the template wrong.

Get a Dremel or a needle file.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Launching!

I managed to mount it. I turned the brackets to the side and put the tank a little higher.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by soulja
Hey 1Badcts,

Another thing I noticed in your pictures is that you don't have the purge solenoid mounted anywhere. Did you use it?
Yes I used it, it just got moved at some point.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Okay, I have the HEX mounted which was not problem at all. I then installed the HEX Tank brackets as instructed (Passenger AC Condenser mounts and middle radiator screw hole). Now why the heck don't the Tank's slots line up with the brackets? I can't pushed the tank any further to the passenger side.
I forgot to send you the bracket I made with the holes slotted. I'll get it in the mail today after work.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Brandland comes through again! Don't know what to say bro!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

So I cut and soldered all six wires to extend my Tps connector. I then went to get the intercooler pump harness. Lo and behold the tps harness was tangled inside it. Man was I pisses!!! I undid all the wiring and soldered it back the way it was and now have the harness connected.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Well, everything is installed except my belt tensioner that I am waiting for from Magnuson and my fuel pump and wiring harness that seems like it will never come.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, branland is the man. That bracket for the intercooler pump is pretty ****

DMM. Is that pulley a direct fit?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:12 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, it is a direct fit. I had a different pulley (see pics) and could not use it. I think it cost me $75 from pulleyboys.com, whatever you want to offer since i cannot use it.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Okay, so today I fired up the CTS-V for the first time. I had just installed a Racetronic fuel pump (not the harness yet).

Well to say the least, the car ran like crap, just sitting there idling. It could barely keep the idle and then just shut off.

So I figured, maybe it needs the mangnuson tune on it. I go to install the program and everything seems to be running fine, then the dash blinks and the programmer says it "lost connection to the pcm, turn on ignition."

So I turn the car off and back on and then replug the programmer. It states on the screen that the installed program is the tune file, but when I try to run the program again for the heck of it, it say it can't talk to the pcm. Also when I try to start the car nothing happens, not turn over or nothing.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

The 04's and early 05's needed a firmware update to the PCM in order for the Magnusson tune to install correctly.

The problem was the tune would not be accepted.

Sounds like your install coughed and puked and killed the PCM to boot.

Welcome to MOD HELL.

You might be able to reload the stock tune and start over.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by heavymetals
The 04's and early 05's needed a firmware update to the PCM in order for the Magnusson tune to operate correctly.

The problem was the tune would not be accepted.

Sounds like your install coughed and puked and killed the PCM to boot.

Welcome to MOD HELL.

You might be able to reload the stock tune and start over.
That is what I didn't want to hear.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I started using this guy:

http://hitechtuning.com/
Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Okay, so today I fired up the CTS-V for the first time. I had just installed a Racetronic fuel pump (not the harness yet).

Well to say the least, the car ran like crap, just sitting there idling. It could barely keep the idle and then just shut off.

So I figured, maybe it needs the mangnuson tune on it. I go to install the program and everything seems to be running fine, then the dash blinks and the programmer says it "lost connection to the pcm, turn on ignition."

So I turn the car off and back on and then replug the programmer. It states on the screen that the installed program is the tune file, but when I try to run the program again for the heck of it, it say it can't talk to the pcm. Also when I try to start the car nothing happens, not turn over or nothing.
Wow. I got it from a guy that said he never installed it, he said the guy he got it from, returned it to stock.
When I installed my maggie, my car wouldn't idle at all. I had to have it towed to the Tuner. They flashed the PCM once to change the injector size so it would idle, then put it on the dyno to start tuning it.

They then got a reduce power mode error from the PCM. They figure out it was a bad splice I made to one of the sensors. After they fixed that they started tuning again and the PCM died. They were able to get me one for about $400.00, I think they retail for about $600.00.

After that they started tuning it on the dyno. When they were done it was making about 470 at the rear wheels but running a little lean, so the added a little fuel up top and made one more pass. This time they exploded the coupler and damaged one of the sensors on the tranny.

I then ordered and Revflex coupler and had them install it. They put it on the lift to try to get rid of the vibration and locked the keys in the car on the lift while it was running. I have to drive down and give them the second set of keys.

They had the car for three weeks.

I feel bad about the tuner. I'll refund you paypal. Hope the bracket and the pin kit work out better for you.

Quick Reply: That Just Happened Too (Maggie Version)....