Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Let the madness begin (blower build w/pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
^^ i second that... how'd she do man?
None yet, I finally got it to the tuners, about 2 weeks ago was the first I could get it in. Last time I spoke to them they hadn't had a chance to get to it yet, they said in a couple days. Which seems to mean next couple weeks.
I was still pulling p0300 codes when I dropped it off, could be due to the total rebuild of parts, cam, heads ect. Wires and coils were working fine before the rebuild, but maybe the plugs could be suspect, as I had p0300 the last time I had that blower on with the same plugs.

So anyway I'm hoping anyday now, it's getting to the point where I can't take it anymore.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks man..id feel a little salty myself. i do look forward to seeing how she does and wish you the best of luck getting it done soon.

as far as the misfire its gonna be hard to tell with all the new parts you got in there now..did you change the wires? might wanna ohm em out for peice of mind
Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Long waits to get into a dyno around here, so they kinda got you by the *****.
Brand new granatelli wires last summer, so I'm hoping/assuming they are still working. But I didn't ohm check them.
It's up to them to sort it out now, but hopefully if it's mechanical they start with the plugs first.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

what plugs are you running? tr6..br7? i just switched to br7 gapped at .030 because of the cylinder pressures and temps... smoothened the power curve pretty well.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

what plugs are you running? tr6..br7? i just switched to br7 gapped at .030 because of the cylinder pressures and temps... smoothened the power curve pretty well.
tr6 equivalent in iridiums gapped at .035
Old 07-23-2013, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tommycompton
tr6 equivalent in iridiums gapped at .035
one thing to check as its happened to me..i had the blower off the car multiple times and a couple times ive had couple of the injector plugs click into place but they werent seated quite good enough.. took me a couple hrs to find it the first time.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

one thing to check as its happened to me..i had the blower off the car multiple times and a couple times ive had couple of the injector plugs click into place but they werent seated quite good enough.. took me a couple hrs to find it the first time.
Just talked to the tuner, said it doesn't actually seem to be missfiring, so I'm assuming they can tune it out. Other than that he said for me to give him a shout on Thursday, so my fingers are crossed he gets around to it.
I leave out of town on Sunday, so I'm not going to have much chance to drive it untill I get back in two weeks.

Quick Reply: Let the madness begin (blower build w/pics)