Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need help ASAP! 2003 Cadillac CTS stabilitrak message on the DIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help ASAP! 2003 Cadillac CTS stabilitrak message on the DIC

Good afternoon everyone,

I am in the process of purchasing a car which I am picking up this afternoon. The car displays a stabilitrak message on the DIC which comes frequently on startup and needs to be cleared. Once cleared everything runs okay. Should I be worried? If so what could it be.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Wrong forum.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Is there a CTS forum on here?
Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fishv12
Is there a CTS forum on here?
Nope, this is for LS (Corvette) powered CTS-V's
You're wanting cadillacforums.com
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

same chassis and stability system... i fixed mine by cleaning all my wheel sensors, six month later the same error message came back. it would only happen after i went over speed bumps.. replaced the rear wheel sensors and the error hasn't come back since.

It could be a range of things, yaw sensor, swps, wheel sensors, ect.. cadillac owners will have more info
Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply! I didn't get any replies from posting on the caddilac forums.

I called the manager of the shop and he told me it was very intermittent the stability problem. I basically told him that if it comes on every time I drive the car it's not acceptable but if it only comes on the 20th time I start it I don't really care... I took possesion of it on Wednesday and I didn't get the message after driving it for about 3 hours. What I got instead is the following check engine lights.

knock circuit input low bank 1 sensor 1
o2 sensor bank 2 sensor 2.

But here is the story and I just need help with this since I found that really weird and yet again no response from the caddilac forum.

When checking the codes coming back home with the car I used my trust worthy OBD2 reader which I used countless times on other cars including my 98 Z28. After bringing back the car to the used car dealer which also owns a shop I was told that my scanner managed to disable my alternator and that the codes were erased but my check engine light was still on. Funny enough the night before I checked it twice with my scanner with the very same result. I find that very hard to believe. What do you guys think? Is it even possible to disable the alternator using my handheld obd2 code reader? I didn't even reset the codes so they can read them themselves!

Thanks for the replies plz don't just brush me off
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke up your ***. Take your code scanner with you, maybe they need a lesson on how to pull codes. If you "disabled your alternator" the car would die after a few miles when the battery discharged.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Check to see if your brake lights stay on at the back of the car when you get the stabilitrack error message... If it does then it could be your brake control module...
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

im pretty sure that any error codes concerning the stabilitac will only be logged in the BCM so a regular scanner wont pick them up. you need to use a techII

what the dealer told you is BS.. never heard of anything like that happening
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
im pretty sure that any error codes concerning the stabilitac will only be logged in the BCM so a regular scanner wont pick them up. you need to use a techII

what the dealer told you is BS.. never heard of anything like that happening
Most scanners won't pick the BCM codes, but some of the nicer ones will. I have efi live with a flashscan v2 and it reads bcm errors and pings. Helped me pin the same type of stability system problem. Swapped a hub and all is well.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Launching!

See I have purchased EFI Live V2 for my duramax recently and also intend to use it with my 98 Z28 but I wonder if it will work just to diagnose with my 03 CTS. I really thought the dude was sending me for a ride when he told me the thing with the scanner but I still had to make sure.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fishv12
See I have purchased EFI Live V2 for my duramax recently and also intend to use it with my 98 Z28 but I wonder if it will work just to diagnose with my 03 CTS. I really thought the dude was sending me for a ride when he told me the thing with the scanner but I still had to make sure.
Just plug pc and flashscan in, and make sure you use the scan software, not the tune software and it will pull bcm codes.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Launching!

Cool! Thanks bud Right now they have the car in the shop replacing a few safety items that they had missed such as the windshield had a chip in it on the driver side and the rear license plate lights were out. Once fixed I get it back! Then I will scan the heck out of it.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Also consider the steering wheel position sensor. Wife's 2003 CTS sport/luxury kept having the service stabity system message. Replaced the SWPS and haven't seen the message since.

Quick Reply: Need help ASAP! 2003 Cadillac CTS stabilitrak message on the DIC