Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Found why the FOB, TPMS, and trunk not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found why the FOB, TPMS, and trunk not working

After some research I found that all of these things are connected together. I have seen this post numerous times. The cause of my problem is quite simple yet maybe complex at the same time. All of these things are connected by a dang fuse that has none of these names in the title. Its the trunk release fuse in the box under the rear seat on the drivers side. I looked in there and what do you know, mine is blown. As soon as I took it out and tried to replace it "boom" it goes again.

This tells me there is a ground short somewhere. Now for all you electrical wizards...How the heck do I find where this short is??? I am assuming its probably between the trunk and the box but I have no idea. I have a base cts sitting for parts so I have all the extra fuses and boxes and wires.

Regardless of my issue, before you guys w this issue start running to the "stealer" to get your computer reprogrammed, with them telling you it needs replaced, and further presented the $1000 bill just check the fuse..
Old 02-25-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use one of these guys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KD-Tools-Sho...item5d3a50b06d

Here is a explanation on how one works: http://www.inliners.org/tech/tech6.html

You could also just do a continuity test with your multimeter, go from the fuse panel back to the trunk latch and test for continuity then trace backwards.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd start by checking pinch/flexing points and stranding out wire loom. You can't rule out stupid easy **** like a melted bulb connector, nor can you rule out a short inside the control module, either. Start by unplugging everything and putting a fuse in, then plugging in **** one piece at a time.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where is the control module located...please tell me its not that **** under the headliner in the back...
Old 02-25-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

It could be. I'd guess that's the sunroof relay and Xm antenna connection, though. I have a feeling like I'm gonna take my car out in this great weather so I'll poke around the trunk and see what I can see. Text me because I lost your number. I'd really start by checking the bulb sockets for the trunk light though.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help as always man...I feel like I need to put you on a payroll w all the crap I bug you with...If I ever see you drinks on me and thats a fact...I'll text you my num see what you may find I may go poke around as well while its still light out
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tbh, I'd take no money for help or labor from a single soul on this forum. I've been helped, and I've learned enough that I'm fortunate enough to help others. We all start learning somewhere, and its good that we have a community like this.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Did you ever figure this out?

I had one button go out on my ob, so I bought a few more and now I cannot get them programmed, so I am searching.....lol

Quick Reply: Found why the FOB, TPMS, and trunk not working