Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...
Old 04-29-2016, 04:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

XM radio problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default XM radio problem

I know, I know, the factory radio is junk, but not ready to upgrade yet. The PO had XM radio when I bought it, so I know it used to work last year. This is not my DD, so I didn't buy the service then. Last week I decided I was going to drive the V on week end get away latter in the month, and thought it would be nice to have. Tuned my radio to ID channel, got the ID#, paid for the service. Thought it would be simple. After talking to 4 different XM radio reps on the phone, it still doesn't work. My radio shows "NO SERVICE" when I tune it to either XM station, which I thought it showed that jb I didn't have the service. I've already tried pulling the fuse under the rear seat, disconnecting the batt. I took the car to a shop that has a Tech2 and can download info from GM to see if maybe my radio needed updating, but they said it had the most recent program. I did a search on this, so that's why I pulled the fuse and disconnected the batt. I'm not sure what to try next, other than take it to the stealer ship. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look for the xm module in the trunk i think. See if it is there. Maybe the antenna took a dump also.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also pull the whole radio unit out and see if someone did the aux mod... Unless its worked for you before that is?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Radio did work when I first got it, PO had a service. I did replace the antenna mast since I first tried to get the XM to work. Only other thing I have yet to try is to pull the rear package trey and see if the XM module is still plugged in. I also saw another "radio antenna module" near the antenna under the head liner. Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I found this.

Audio System - Loss of Satellite Signal

Bulletin No.: 06-08-44-011C
Date: January 31, 2008
TECHNICAL
Subject:
UAV Navigation Radio Loss of XM Satellite Radio (Replace Digital Radio Receiver)
Models:
2005-2006 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V
with Navigational Radio (RPO UAV) and XM Satellite Radio (RPO U2K)
Supercede:
This bulletin is being revised to notify dealers that parts are no longer on restriction. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-44-011B (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
Condition
Some customers with the UAV Navigation radio may comment that the XM band is not present at times at vehicle start-up, when this occurs only selections AM, FM1 and FM2 are available.
Cause
The XM receiver is removed as a band selection on the radio due to a loss of communication from the XM Digital Radio Receiver (DRR).
The communication is lost due to a "busy" state being reported from the XM DRR, even though no transmission is currently taking place.
The software in the XM DRR does not currently prevent this condition from occurring. A combination of heavy class 2 bus traffic and queuing of low priority XM Traffic Data messages can increase the likelihood that this condition will occur.
Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE RADIO OR SATELLITE ANTENNA.
If the Digital Radio Receiver (DRR) currently installed in the vehicle is P/N 15847358, continue with diagnosing the issue using the XM radio information found in Service Information (SI). A replacement DRR may not be needed.
If the DRR is other than P/N 15847358, the DRR will require replacement.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply. I saw this TSB on aldata at work, but think that I have a different problem bc it shows both XM bands, just shows no signal. The way I read the TSB, the radio doesn't show either XM band bc the radio loses communication. I think I have read where others had this problem, where it doesn't even show the XM bands, just AM and FM. I think that I will look at the XM module and replace if its not that part # in the TSB. Again, thanks for the reply though.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

My 04 did somewhat the same as yours. It would show stations but cut out signal. It never said it lost it though. I fought with the dealer lots of time because it would happen when they had the car. I ended up telling them to check for the signal while driving the car for 5 min. They found that the xm module itself was faulty. Fixed since then.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better situation than my car ... mine simply stopped existing one day. Hit "Band" and it cycles FM1, FM2, and AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

DarkCharisma, now yours sounds like one that the TSB posted by demang would fix. I didn't think it would work on mine bc it still has both XM bands, shows the station names, shows that its "updating" for a few seconds, then shows "no signal". When I have time to remove the back seat and package trey, I'm going to look at part #s on my module and R&R if its not the one in the TSB, even though I don't think its my problem, but really don't know what else to try. Does anybody know what the symptoms of a bad or dead XM module are? Thanks for the replies, all.

Quick Reply: XM radio problem