Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LSA Crank pulley on LS2 crankshaft

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default LSA Crank pulley on LS2 crankshaft

So i had a thought, is it possible to install the newer crank pulley on our old gals?

As well as the LS9 to LS7?

I personally dont see why not, but someone out here probably knows why it wont work...
Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I can't say for sure but I'd bet a dollar that you can install it, it's an accessory alignment issue.
http://cdn3.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...?itok=9K99ulQw
Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Lsa to ls2 i think should easily,i have the v2 ps and it fits fine on my v.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

These guys may know... http://www.ictbillet.com/ls.html
Old 05-07-2017, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
These guys may know... http://www.ictbillet.com/ls.html
i thought it was interference on the ABS servo because the LSA pulley is wider and larger in diameter than the ls2 part...
Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
i thought it was interference on the ABS servo because the LSA pulley is wider and larger in diameter than the ls2 part...
Correct. The LSA pulley is HUGE and has the extra thickness for the supercharger belt compared to a regular non-supercharged pulley.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Ok, so its gonna have to be a ls7 crank pulley.

Or ati stock ls7 pulley
Old 05-12-2017, 11:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank damper swaps

NAF,

I'm sure you know someone that could have answered these questions for you.

LS7 and LS9 damper can't be used on the LS2 crankshaft. LS2 crankshaft is short snout for wet sump engines. LS7 and LS9 dampers are designed for long snout dry sump configuration crankshafts.

The LSA damper is for a wet sump engine (short snout crank) so it can be installed on an LS2 crankshaft without any issue. The LSA damper is designed for a keyed crank and the LS2 crankshaft is not keyed. You can run a keyed damper on a non keyed crank (or the other direction too) , you just can't use a key. You can pin he LS2 crankshaft using the ATI crank pinning kit and then the LSA damper would have a pin engaging in the keyway.

The LSA accessory drive has the primary accessory drive offset from the Corvette engine so that is the same the 2004-2007 CTS-V. The dedicated 8 rib supercharger drive pulley is forward of the primary accessory drive so that makes the damper fairly large and in many vehicles not designed to fit the LSA engine it often interferes with something in front of the engine.

BTW - just a side note while discussing LSA dampers, in case anyone buys an LSA crankshaft, keep in mind the LSA crankshaft is an 8 bolt flywheel flange while other LSx engines are 6 bolt (other than the LS9 which is 9 bolt). Some of the GMPP crate engines are also 8 bolt cranks. This impacts flywheel, flexplate, clutch selection etc.

Originally Posted by Naf
Ok, so its gonna have to be a ls7 crank pulley.

Or ati stock ls7 pulley
Old 05-13-2017, 02:37 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProServ
NAF,

I'm sure you know someone that could have answered these questions for you.

LS7 and LS9 damper can't be used on the LS2 crankshaft. LS2 crankshaft is short snout for wet sump engines. LS7 and LS9 dampers are designed for long snout dry sump configuration crankshafts.

The LSA damper is for a wet sump engine (short snout crank) so it can be installed on an LS2 crankshaft without any issue. The LSA damper is designed for a keyed crank and the LS2 crankshaft is not keyed. You can run a keyed damper on a non keyed crank (or the other direction too) , you just can't use a key. You can pin he LS2 crankshaft using the ATI crank pinning kit and then the LSA damper would have a pin engaging in the keyway.

The LSA accessory drive has the primary accessory drive offset from the Corvette engine so that is the same the 2004-2007 CTS-V. The dedicated 8 rib supercharger drive pulley is forward of the primary accessory drive so that makes the damper fairly large and in many vehicles not designed to fit the LSA engine it often interferes with something in front of the engine.

BTW - just a side note while discussing LSA dampers, in case anyone buys an LSA crankshaft, keep in mind the LSA crankshaft is an 8 bolt flywheel flange while other LSx engines are 6 bolt (other than the LS9 which is 9 bolt). Some of the GMPP crate engines are also 8 bolt cranks. This impacts flywheel, flexplate, clutch selection etc.
Thank you for the info.

I am runnin a ls7 drysump system in my 05 with 06/07 ecm.

I am uncharted territory

Quick Reply: LSA Crank pulley on LS2 crankshaft