Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anyone use cerrakote C-7600 coating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Anyone use cerrakote C-7600 coating?

I already bought some of the glacier black so I'm not debating the merit of one coating vs another type.

https://www.cerakotehightemp.com/fin...glacier-black/

Just curious about personal experience with it in terms of longevity, ease use etc.

I found out after I bought 32 oz that I only need 4 to do my pacesetter clone long tubes that are on their way to me. 4oz will do both.

I'm thinking of doing my grill since it's satin black and coating my cats, H pipe, intake tube to keep temps down and possibly my rims if anything is left.

Anyone ever use this? If so how did it turn out?

It's fairly inexpensive, and lots of good YouTube videos out there on it. I'm hoping to keep under hood temps down and have it look nice.

-Byron
Old 06-29-2017, 01:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use the cerakote regular coatings on my guns, its a quality product, i have a good friend with a coating business and he uses it for harley stuff and longtubes/full exhaust, just make sure the prep is good, and it has to be baked in an oven via the instructions. i personally use the high heat vht rattle can paint/coating with a field torch and propane tank to burn off the water and oils, holds up well and touches up easy if scratched, as far as keeping heat down i dont believe it does much. ceramic kote is better for heat imo. or wrapping, But then there is cracking of the piping later on from containing all that heat.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackmagicturbo
i use the cerakote regular coatings on my guns, its a quality product, i have a good friend with a coating business and he uses it for harley stuff and longtubes/full exhaust, just make sure the prep is good, and it has to be baked in an oven via the instructions. i personally use the high heat vht rattle can paint/coating with a field torch and propane tank to burn off the water and oils, holds up well and touches up easy if scratched, as far as keeping heat down i dont believe it does much. ceramic kote is better for heat imo. or wrapping, But then there is cracking of the piping later on from containing all that heat.

It's a ceramic c-7600 rated to 2000 deg F.

It is an air cure product, so no need for baking. That's why I picked it.

How has it held up on your firearms?

-Byron
Old 06-29-2017, 02:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah gotcha, it works ok, i use my stuff alot and im not ginger with them (1911's) so i have knicks and scratches.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used lots of that and dura cote on guns, you will need more than 4oz for headers my friend. Last run I did I was able to squeeze 3 small handguns out of that bottle (was 4 or 6 oz. getting older sucks)
Old 06-29-2017, 05:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
Used lots of that and dura cote on guns, you will need more than 4oz for headers my friend. Last run I did I was able to squeeze 3 small handguns out of that bottle (was 4 or 6 oz. getting older sucks)

I probably will need more as I've never done it before, however they said 4oz will = 2 long tube headders at 1 mil thick.

I'm not worried about it, I bought 32 oz.

-Byron
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I've used it on guns before. It's very durable and holds up well to many rounds put through at high cyclic rate without discoloration or deterioration. So far tehy haven't even scuffed or scracthed from quite a bit of range handling. It does add some thickness to your parts but in a header application I don't think it would be an issue.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barrok69
I've used it on guns before. It's very durable and holds up well to many rounds put through at high cyclic rate without discoloration or deterioration. So far tehy haven't even scuffed or scracthed from quite a bit of range handling. It does add some thickness to your parts but in a header application I don't think it would be an issue.

I figure with happy cerrakote gun owners, the 2,000F air cure heat blocking stuff should do what needs to be done.

Looks pretty easy to apply.

I'll come back with pics after I pick them up in a week.

They are coming back on the plane with me.

-Byron
Old 07-22-2017, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The cerakote came out perfect and I still have about 24oz left from the 32 oz container.

-Byron

Quick Reply: Anyone use cerrakote C-7600 coating?