Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I Will Never Buy Borla Again

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I Will Never Buy Borla Again

Let me tell you what happen: I ordered my exhaust from Borla back in November, two weeks later my mechanic calls me and tells me that the exhaust arrived to bring the car in to get install, I take the car in and one hour later he calls me and tells me that Borla shipped the wrong one, they had shipped the one for the CTS not the CTS-V. He calls Borla and Borla said that they made a mistake to ship it back. I had to pay for the difference in shipping because Borla would not refund the difference in the shipping charge compare to theirs, which is bulk pricing from UPS. Then a month later (December) a received a call from my mechanic to bring the car in that the new exhaust was in, I take it in and it takes the guy about 6 hrs to install the exhaust, I asked him why it took him so long? He said that it was a bitch to put it in, that he had to bend some of the brackets to clear the bumper, he also had to battle with the clearance in the differential and drive shaft. He told me that the exhaust did not fit properly and to drive the car to see how it felt. I then drove the car for about 50 miles and then notice a rattle noise. I called the mechanic and told him about it, he told me to bring car back. When I arrived at the shop is when all hell broke loose, my back bumper was burned and melted around the exhaust tips, the mechanic told me that the exhaust had moved. Next morning we called Borla and told them about the problem, they asked us if we could drive the car to their shop? I said OK, even do I'm 120 miles one-way. I drove the car to Borla on December 30th, 2004 left home around 6:00 a.m. and arrived at Borla at 8:10 a.m. and asked for Ted the R&D engineer, Ted takes my car and drives it to the shop while I wait in the lobby. About two hours later, I asked the receptionist if they could give me an update? She said yes let me call Ted, about 10 minutes later Ted comes in and tells me that they still working on it, I said how long is it going to take that I had a meeting to attend at 1:00 p.m., he them said, may be we can drop you off? I said "I'm about an hour and a half away", he said give me about two more hours, I said OK. About 2 hours later he pulls up in my car. I said, is it fixed? He said no. I said, why? He said that mine was the first unit to ship and that he had made a mistake when he was trying to give the differential more clearance and went the opposite way and gave it less, he had to put a stock exhaust back on my car. I said, what’s going to happen with my bumper damage and the exhaust? He said that the exhaust would ship back to me by January the 4th or 5th, because they needed to make a new tool for it. I said how about my bumper? He said you would have to talk to customer service. I said, can you please get them? He said OK. Tim from customer service shows up and I asked him what are they going to do about my bumper damage and my new exhaust installation charge? He said that he needed to talk to management and that he would call me back on Monday January 3, 2005. I said OK and drove off about 12:30 p.m., Monday the 3rd arrived and no call, Tuesday about 9:30 a.m. I call Tim and left a massage for him to call me back with an answer. Tuesday about 3:45 p.m. no call from Tim yet, so I decided to call back, first time answer machine, dial second and press 0 for the operator, got transfer to Tim and he picked up, I said, Tim I though you were going to call me back? He didn't say anything, I said what's going on with my complain? He said I talk to management and they are not going to cover the bumper damage, I said why not? Because you should have not installed the exhaust if it didn't fit correctly. I said, I thought that Borla brags about how good there product is and how they test them before they sell them, how come I got an exhaust that was not even tested for proper fit. He said that I would have to talk to the manager on Monday the 11th because he was on vacation. I said, OK. I then asked him, how about my exhaust? Are you going to pay for the new installation? He said only if you bring the car here, I said you’re crazy if you think that I’m going to drive another 240 miles round trip and 6 hours of lost pay again. He said I will call you back on that. The whole week went by and no call. Monday about 10:00 a.m. I call the manager and left a massage to please call me back. Monday afternoon no call. I then decided to call the manager and got the answering service, I asked the operator if someone else could help me? She said yeah. I got transfer to someone else in customer service, I gave him the whole story again for the third time; he said I can’t help you, you have to talk to the manager, I said I being trying to but no response back. He said I will tell him to make sure that he calls you back. Today is Tuesday the 11th whole day went by no call from anybody. I will try again tomorrow for the last time, because they are really pissing me off. The only one that benefited from all of these is Borla, because now they know what the problem is and how to solve it for someone else and screw me the guinea pig.

Sorry that my story is so long but I wanted everyone to know how Borla treats customer when they have a problem. Customer satisfaction is a zero when it comes to issues. I will let you know what the final result is going to be, I just about had it with them.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Man that sucks! No borla for me ever!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Dude that sucks! They should give you every penny back for labor and to fix your bumper. Report them to the BBB.....That should wake someone up over there!

When I got my Corsa installed it took 15 min to get the old exhaust off and the new Corsa system on....Something is not right with the Borla system!

Get all your money back!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

That's some serious bullshit coming from Borla! You should contact the BBB better business burual and explain the story to them. Borla may do nothing for you after that or jump through hoops to resolved your problem with them. Either way it appears they weren't trying hard enough to help you.

If I were you I'd take there borla system and set it on there front door and take a picture with a sign in front that mentions something about there crappy customer service and then send each person you dealt with including the elusive manager on how you got jacked by them! Then post it everywhere on the web!
Old 01-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Post some Email addresses for Borla, like the managers, or the asshat you've been dealing with. I'll write a letter, I am sure a lot more will too. Speed Inc. did the same thing to me with there Cold air intake. I was built like crap. No support and the belt put a whole in my MAF sensor. I talked to others with the same problem. Speed Inc told me to wait, they will have a fix for it soon. 3 months later, no fix. I sent it back, got a refund. They would not pay for my shipping charges or my MAF. Screw Borla and Speed Inc. Larry from Speed Inc is an *** too, he took my money a couple years ago.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:33 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn , that's just wrong! I'd write'em if you'll post an addy. If you don't , at least let'em know about this thread, it's just the kind of PR they'll wanna cover up .
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

One day all aftermarket companies will learn that we get to vote with our hard earned dollars. The internet is the best thing that ever happened to car enthusiasts. When someone like eeiii steps up and shares the BS that he's had to go through it saves us all. Hopefully Borla will do the right thing, but judging how they've treated this customer I would not hold out any hope. Start with the BBB but DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ESCALATE THIS TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT. My family sued Chrysler Motor Company twice for failed electrical system, air conditioning system and transmission. All were replaced at slightly over the 36,000 mile mark. Chrysler settled 24 hours prior to the court date including ALL expenses and court costs. AGAIN DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TAKE THIS TO COURT. Take detailed notes now of your conversations with Borla. These will become an invaluable resource going forward. Now let the battle commence.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Sorry to read how you have been treated by Borla...
I for one will never buy Borla again, just from how they have treated you.
I hope you get everything worked out and get your car back to 100 percent.
It is going to be the B&B for me this time.
Good luck and keep us informed..

Bill
Old 01-12-2005, 12:03 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by GEAR M UP
Dude that sucks! They should give you every penny back for labor and to fix your bumper. Report them to the BBB.....That should wake someone up over there!

When I got my Corsa installed it took 15 min to get the old exhaust off and the new Corsa system on....Something is not right with the Borla system!

Get all your money back!
I completely agree. go get em!
Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

As much as I hate them, call a lawyer, it is amazing the results when a group knows they will be dealing with more than just a disgruntled customer.

Oh, and I would be sure to advise them of this thread and any others you're sharing, so they know you are not a mouse sitting alone in a dark basement. Potential lost income is a great motivator.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Teching In

You're getting some of the best revenge.
You should post this story on another Cadillac CTSV Forum to reach another wide audience.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Teching In

like 2004ctsv said, posting here is the best revenge, don't miss a CTS-V forum so everyone will know what happened...
Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

I was getting ready to order a Borla system, Thanks mate. Borla can **** off. I'll spend my tax return somewhere, How's that grab you Tim? You ***
Old 01-13-2005, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Man I would report them. well I was thinking about a borla but i stick with my flowmaster and cutout
Old 01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Bro,that is complete bull****!

Screw Borla

Good luck with your situation
Old 01-15-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what a bunch of ********, screw em!

i wont order from em again!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:48 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by sslegend
Post some Email addresses for Borla, like the managers, or the asshat you've been dealing with. I'll write a letter, I am sure a lot more will too.
http://www.borla.com/contact/
Address
BORLA® Performance Industries
5901 Edison Drive
Oxnard, California 93033

Toll-Free Phone
877.GO.BORLA - (877.462.6752)

Administration Fax

Email
sales@borla.com
donc@bborla.com
Borla's warranty... manages to exclude quite a bit: http://www.borla.com/warranty/
Old 01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default Borla

I had the same experiance with my Impala. The pipes were never right coming around the tank. This is their job. How hard can it be to bend pipes properly? Stick with Corsa or B&B, you cant go wrong.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

I never liked them anyway
Old 01-19-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

The CTS-V has limited aftermarket support and due to a number of requests we have decided to add this application to our current offerings at MagnaFlow. We will begin our development on this platform next week and hopefully should see some parts make it to market shortly after.

Please PM me or e-mail me at work as i have an offer that might intrest you.

Richard
rwaitas@magnaflow.com

Quick Reply: I Will Never Buy Borla Again