Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default V Mods

I ordered a set of Hi flow cats from Random Tech. Should have them this week. Supposed to add about 10 horses to a stocker and are a bolt in. Mallett picked up 20 hp with them. A little pricy but good for those contemplating a blower or not and not wanting to deal with headers.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Launching!

Where did you order them through and what did they run you?
Sounds like a good mod, so they just replace the midpipes and cats, no cutting or welding?
Thanks...
Bill-05-V
Old 01-18-2005, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

The stock cats are tucked up tight and come right off the headers.

I like the Mallett header/cats combo......

Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Default cats

Actually, the cats are part of the downpipe from the cast manifolds. This is a bolt in. I got them from Martel Bros. All Stainless.

http://www.martelbrothers.com/customer/home.php?cat=24

They aint cheap. $316 ea. You might think its high but for me its better than dealing with header BS.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Thats cool they bolt in! I did'nt see that..........

You can't beat Random Tech cats.....
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Quick Question, how do i remove the plastic license plate holder from the front of my V, it has rivets that hold it in, if anyone could give me some insight on this that would be great,
on another note i just took off the dealer name plates,,,,yes plates they put two on the back of my V

Thanks,
ali
Old 02-16-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Drill them out. Then cry when you see the 4 holes.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Alimal
Quick Question, how do i remove the plastic license plate holder from the front of my V
Mine has no holder...... This was a dealer installed piece; they really did a number on your car! Bummer.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Another question, will the fact that i put in the CAGS eliminator mess with any of my warranty on the car??
Old 02-18-2005, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by carpe dm
Mine has no holder...... This was a dealer installed piece; they really did a number on your car! Bummer.
Mine is a holder as well, four rivets hold it on...

Alimal,
I have the Cags Eliminator installed and I would bring it to the dealer in a heartbeat. In my opinion, don't worry about it.

Bill-05-V
Old 02-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Launching!

ANML: Ask these different questions in new threads... I helps you get a better answer:

I first brought my car into a dealership and mentionted a problem with the shifter. He proceeded to explain the CAGS to me.. I said, " I know.. I have a part to disable that.." he stood up, ran out and came back with a grin on his face (yes a grin). He told me "your entire warranty is void". I walked out (taking my car with me). I called GM and cadillac customer service, including the dealer management and complained. I got many calls to TRY to make it right.

I told them this in my conversations (pay attention, knowledge is power):

Technically, the Moss- Magnuson act says that if you install an aftermarket part that CAUSES a failure, then you are responsible for the damage. If you install nitrous and the engine block explodes, thats probably your fault. The CAGS CANNOT damage any part of the car because it disables a feature (think logically- it stops a little actuator from extending).

The dealer I went to above was clearly in the wrong and they admitted it on the phone. I HOPE that smug bastard got fired!

/RANT ON

Not to thread jack, but:The biggest kink in GM (and cadillac's) armor in their fight against the imports IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THEIR DEALER NETWORK (including marking up, no test drives, poor service, poor customer relations, and general failure to do what they exist to do). If GM is able to fix this problem, they will be MUCH better positioned to compete against cars that we all know are NOT better. (Mark and karen, are you listening?)

/rant off
Old 02-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM
Mine is a holder as well, four rivets hold it on...

Alimal,
I have the Cags Eliminator installed and I would bring it to the dealer in a heartbeat. In my opinion, don't worry about it.

Bill-05-V

HD, are you planning on taking them off,,.and if you did i'd like to know how it turned out

Ali
Old 02-19-2005, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

We must have licance plates on front and back here in Jerz. Thank god I got in the fender bender, when I went to the body shop, the guy said he would put the new bumper back on with no front plate holder. I'm gonna just put someting on the edges and throw it up in the front window. If I get pulled over and they ask, I'll tell them I special ordered this limited edition car from another state therefore there is no plate holder. Here is my plate osciffer!
Old 02-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default plate

I mounted mine in front of the lower grill on a block of hard black foam. I have long bolts with wing nuts. When I go to the cruises, I pull it off and thro it in the trunk. Takes 2 minutes to bolt back up.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

you mean foam behind the lower grills? So I can run a screw through it, then just take it off when I don't want it on? Thats awesome!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lasstss
I ordered a set of Hi flow cats from Random Tech. Should have them this week. Supposed to add about 10 horses to a stocker and are a bolt in. Mallett picked up 20 hp with them. A little pricy but good for those contemplating a blower or not and not wanting to deal with headers.
Do you have Random Tech phone number?

Quick Reply: V Mods