Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Vortech Kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vortech Kits

Anybody know if Vortech will be/is making a kit for the CTS-V's? I saw a picture of one on www.cadillacfaq.com and wasn't sure if that was custom fab'd or not.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Magnususon makes a supercharger for the V that is in "production" and availavble... the Vortech was a custom FAB I think. Not sure where I got that picture

Reed
Old 05-31-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I know about the Magnusson, I've just never been a fan of roots-style blowers. I guess I'll have to wait around for the Vortech kit... oh well.

It's going to be fun getting back into the LSx-platform once again Feels like it's been forever.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Launching!

More Performance in Charlotte NC installs that kit I think it costs around 18K installed.
Roots blowers make more tq lower in the power band, Magnacharger is amazing and I have tons of fun below 4500 rpm's. And it cost around 7K INSTALLED!!! I upgraded mine from the basic install and got a lot more goodies and still came in way below the centrifical blower price.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's a ton of money for a blower kit... I'm sure Vortech will make one. Yeah, Roots blowers are cool and everything - but if you think about it, it's really more applicable for an automatic application versus a 6-speed application. You spend all of your time in the upper rpm's on a 6-speed car (even at launch) vs. the lower rpm's as you do in an automatic where you will see the true benefit of a roots/stall-converter combination.

As far as the Magnacharger, I'd probably install it myself (it doesn't look that hard from what I've read - and I've been messing with LSx motors for the last 7 years). I just don't like having any kind of limitation as far as the intake manifold is concerned. Since the blower does replace the intake manifold, you are limited by how many cfm that blower's manifold can support. From what I've read, the limitation on the magnacharger is what... 550hp?

While this also holds true for centrifugal blowers, there are things you can do to correct that (ie: bigger head unit on the blower, or a larger intake - OR, run more boost). From what I've gathered, there isn't anything you can do on the Magnacharger.

But.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by MastaAce98; 06-01-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Trust me - 550 or so in the V is plenty
Old 06-02-2005, 02:33 AM
TECH Regular

Wow, how much power do you need????

Hell, 400 is a blast!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Launching!

MastaAce

With V's having a stock comp. ratio of 10.5 you do not want to run more boost, but a good blower cam and exhaust rewarded me with approx 600 fw hp. Thats about 70 more than just bolting on the blower only.This is with unported heads and no NOS.(100 SHOT ALMOST READY TO USE!!!) True Magnacharger does not offer any pulleys to boost output but you can bet some aftermarket stuff will be out soon. Remember Eaton offered nothing for the Ford guys but soon a bunch of companys had blower parts everywhere.
Have fun, I am.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It just depends on what you want. If you want a bump in power with extreme reliability then a magnacharger is the way to go. But if you want the most power possible and a ***** to the wall ride then leave the maggy at home and put on a vortech or procharger (lol it would help if the made kits right!). They do make pulleys for the magnacharger though(I'm assuming that they are the same design as the vette version)so you can up the boost some but you still are not going to make the power a procharger would, with the acception of the low end torque. I have built two '04 Z06's with identical bolt-ons and cam but one had a maggy and the other a P1SC and the Procharged car had 70 hp over it hot.....
Personally though I would drop in a LS2 427 with a little gas just in case......we have done a couple and they are a BLAST....

Chris
Old 06-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Launching!

I am heading out to test and tune this Fri night, I will let you all in on the times when I get them. It will be hot near 90 so roots tyope blowers do not like the heat, I am expecting about 3 10ths slower than a 60 degree day.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Launching!

Good luck at the track, I would love to see some nice numbers posted after you get back..
Bill
Old 06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Take Videos!
Old 06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
rgd
Teching In

Originally Posted by blownCTSV
I am heading out to test and tune this Fri night, I will let you all in on the times when I get them. It will be hot near 90 so roots tyope blowers do not like the heat, I am expecting about 3 10ths slower than a 60 degree day.
Did you install your kars III wheel hop kit?
How is it?

Bob
Old 06-11-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSV05
Wow, how much power do you need????

Hell, 400 is a blast!

In my opinion Doug,..all cars should have 550 to 700 rear wheel horse power, stock, for daily drivers.

....I have been huffin' race fule for several years though, so...

It's just that, on the street nowadays...there are some really fast cars. From front drive imports sporting 300 to 500 whp, and there light weight, they're hard to beat. Same goes for 500whp to 1200whp corvettes running around here....vipers with 900whee hp,...F-bodies with 550 plus,...cobra's on average pushing almost 600 whp, daily driving.....

...if you wanna be FAST,...you really need, in my opinion,...over 550 whp.

though, they're is always someone badder. ( )
Old 06-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Guys

I got rained out. I will try again this Fri. Temps are predicted to be 10 degrees cooler.
I am installing the Kars kit this week and will have it on for Fri's racing. I will let you all know how it runs.NOS still not done, I hate working all day in the heat and coming home and working in the HEAT! I have my project car in the garage. Tube chassis Ford Probe with a 540 ci,871 blower, Enderle injection and it will be street legal!!I will be ripping up the streets of Arlington Va.
I will make alot of people ask why I put a bb chevy in a Ford. I'll say because I wanted to go fast.

Quick Reply: Vortech Kits