Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Antenna Stalk

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Antenna Stalk

I own a 2004 CTS-V equiped with an antenna stalk while the 2005 does not have the stalk. Is it possible to modify my 2004 to remove the stalk?
Old 11-05-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check here: www.cadillacfaq.com

I remember a forum member attempting this. Can't recall if he was successful.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, back from the dead!
Has anyone removed the antenna and not replaced it? My V service books state that it is a cellular antenna only. It also connects you with OnStar. I have neither of these.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed mine. It's just for onstar
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 AM
FoD
On The Tree

It's not for XM Radio too? I believe mine has an XM stamp on it.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

If we are talking about the antenna on the rear windshield, it will not affect xm. I pulled mine the day I bought the car looks fugly.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info guys. I have been wanting it off too since I bought the car. I will remove it this week. I did hear that there will be a red light lit up on the right side of the rearview mirror but that doesn't bother if if so.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Just pull the entire onstar module and no red light or codes, it is behind the ps interior trunk cover, couple nuts and unplug. You'll see an esn on the box, these are the analog models which I believe onstar stopped servicing.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
Just pull the entire onstar module and no red light or codes, it is behind the ps interior trunk cover, couple nuts and unplug. You'll see an esn on the box, these are the analog models which I believe onstar stopped servicing.
You pretty much confused me with your reply.
I don't want to yank everything out of the car, just the antenna.
So.... if I choose to yank just the antenna, will I get the red light on the mirror?

Also, are you saying that OnStar doesn't offer a service plan for our vehicles anymore or they dont service them? If they still offer a service plan then I am not going to remove the whole unit from my car incase I want to use it in the future
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
You pretty much confused me with your reply.
I don't want to yank everything out of the car, just the antenna.
So.... if I choose to yank just the antenna, will I get the red light on the mirror?

Also, are you saying that OnStar doesn't offer a service plan for our vehicles anymore or they dont service them? If they still offer a service plan then I am not going to remove the whole unit from my car incase I want to use it in the future
Someone said something about a red light, I know I don't have one and I just pulled the entire onstar module and figured that would be the solution. You don't have to do this, you could just pull the antenna with no problems. My thought was that if you pull the antenna, then the onstar module which can be removed ( and replaced) in five minutes might as well go. The module nor wiring is damaged by doing this. Onstar always drove me nuts when I had it so I have gone above and beyond to rip it out of all my vehicles, constant phone calls from life insurance salesmen, downright dirty data collection methods, and such. My reference to codes being thrown only applies to pulling onstar modules from later models where the onstar module is a passthrough for canbus etc (doesn't apply to this vehicle, and I wrote it before I thought about this being a non issue on the 04 v's). Simply put I overcomplicated this matter, pull the antenna with no issues sir. Onstar is a red headed step child to me, so everytime I come accross something involving it my immediate reaction is to recommend complete removal (force of habit).
Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Awesome! Thank you for clarifying that.
Someone said something about a red light, I know I don't have one and I just pulled the entire onstar module and figured that would be the solution. You don't have to do this, you could just pull the antenna with no problems. My thought was that if you pull the antenna, then the onstar module which can be removed ( and replaced) in five minutes might as well go. The module nor wiring is damaged by doing this. Onstar always drove me nuts when I had it so I have gone above and beyond to rip it out of all my vehicles, constant phone calls from life insurance salesmen, downright dirty data collection methods, and such. My reference to codes being thrown only applies to pulling onstar modules from later models where the onstar module is a passthrough for canbus etc (doesn't apply to this vehicle, and I wrote it before I thought about this being a non issue on the 04 v's). Simply put I overcomplicated this matter, pull the antenna with no issues sir. Onstar is a red headed step child to me, so everytime I come accross something involving it my immediate reaction is to recommend complete removal (force of habit).
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Left or right side ?
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I pulled mine the day I got it, that ugly POS but I never did you Onstar.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmargo
Left or right side ?
Passenger side.

I've removed the OnStar box and replaced it with a Galaxy1000. Now I answer my phone via the OnStar call button on the mirror and it rings in the car. It also lowers the fan level so that it doesn't make as much noise. Sweet.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Passenger side.

I've removed the OnStar box and replaced it with a Galaxy1000. Now I answer my phone via the OnStar call button on the mirror and it rings in the car. It also lowers the fan level so that it doesn't make as much noise. Sweet.
Any chance you can play music via an ipod and this unit? That would be wonderful.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Mine is off. I get the passenger's side onstar light red sometimes and green sometimes.

Honestly - it's pretty dim so I really don't notice unless I look for it.

Steve

Quick Reply: CTS-V Antenna Stalk