Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Ever wish you had a bigger engine? How about 500ci!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever wish you had a bigger engine? How about 500ci!!

Race-Prep announces the arrival of the largest displacement LS(X) engine on the planet! With the capability of producing up to 500ci displacement, this engine will be capable of DOMINATING the competition. Based on the extrordinary sucess of our previous 445ci builds, Power figures can be expected to be in the 700+HP range for a pump gas setup and the sky is the limit for a racing style engine, preliminary estimates put the race engine in the 850+HP range. The engine is modified for the displacement by ERL Performance, a very reputable and reliable designer and builder of deck plate systems and components. All parts are CAD designed and computer engineered to be reliable and provide many many thousands of miles of service in your street or race car. Race Prep is offering to its customers and the public a chance to be the first to obtain this level of performance from a streetable powerplant like this. We have been granted a distributorship from ERL based on our outstanding customer service and production of only the finest engines over the past four years. Race-Prep is very proud to be in this small number of companies selected as distributors by ERL as they hand picked only the best and most trustworthy companies in the LS(X) industry. The proposed engine build would consist of a "no holds barred" type of build where Race-Prep would be allowed full reign of the project (consulting with the customer of course) to achieve a level of performance never before produced by an LS(X) engine. Race-Prep assures the chosen customer the utmost power production for the application along with supreme streetability if chosen for a street car. If you want to get in on this, please call Race-Prep for details @ 760-200-5155 or E-mail us at raceprepinc@aol.com. We are anxious to start this project and be the first to deliver the awesome power of 500ci of LS(X)!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats crazy!! That would put it in the 8.0L range. (<---est)

I believe to yield that much out of one of these blocks and maintain relability its with a sleeved iron block or a C5-R block sleeved and FULLY Prepped, correct? IT could be done with an aluminum but 500ci is one big cut and an even thinner sleeve. Im not saying it cannot be done, since i knew this cube war with the lsx motor didnt stop with a 454 lsx motor. Im guessing but thats a 4.2/.3ish or bore and on a 4.1/.2ish stroke?

The rat versus mouse wars are now OVER ladies and gentlemen. THe mouse has found one of jose canseco's happy jars and is now stomping out of its hole, looking for that stupid rat so it can place it on the extinct list along with the HEMI!!! OHHHH!!!!!! J/K....cheap shot at the dodge guys..couldn't help meself. I guess they werent extinct, a few were found scavanging around and was moved to the endangered list. hehehehe!!!

But seriously, it does feel good owning a piece of automotive history that many have tried to duplicate and out shine with its technology and still it is reigning, un-moved, with the top dogs and it still uses pushrods!!! HAHAHAHA WE no need no stinking SOHC/DOHC!!!

BAck to the topic, any info on this engines specs or is it top secret. Sounds like a great upgrade for a ultra-sleeper CTS-V. I wonder who will be the first? Hmmmm!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Suspended Sponsor

The engine uses a 4.200" bore and a 4.5" stroke with custom rotating assy. and block mods. There is an approx. 1" thich deck plate (with cooling jackets) that makes the deck 10.2" tall and can deliver 498ci to be exact. We are looking for the person who wants one of these and understands what it takes to be the first to market something like this. Please let us know if you or anyone else would like to take on this monster project!

-Bryan
Old 11-08-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much ????? are we talking here with this motor ????

JET
Old 11-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Well for a complete system including EVERYTHING for the car from stock to completely built to make power less transmission mods and rear end, you are looking at about 30K but remember this is complete fuel system, engine with LS7 heads fully race ported to nearly 400CFM, full electronics (custom built MAF, sensors etc.), Custom made Headers and full 3" mandrel bent exhaust, as well as full dyno tuning including driveability AND power. Basically it is everything you need including installation in house to have a Monster in your car!

-Bryan
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

hmmmmmmmm.....sounds good!

Now where did i put that organ donors card? You think they'll take a kidney now?

J/K!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Resident

Whoever does this is gonna have to dish out a lotta cash but once it's rollin... their SEG's gonna be freakin HEUGE! I just can't wait to see one run!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

can the rear end even begin to hold up to that kind of power, 30k your getting close to doubling the cost of the car, for 80k you can get alot more car, may not be as fast though
Old 11-12-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

well, im sure at this point if your dropping this much mula, than an race 9" aussie independent rear with hard half-shafts and components would be on the list. Or maybe a solid rear conversion, hopefully either a 12 bolt or a 9" rear...i would get the 9" though, the off the line torque this small mouse motor can produce is going to be nasty!!!!

"Please, santa, can i have a 500ci ls1? please!!! pretty please!!! Fine!! I'll talk to my buddies, Los Rejes Magos!!! they got my back....."

Quick Reply: Ever wish you had a bigger engine? How about 500ci!!