Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Throw Out Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throw Out Bearing

I am in the middle of putting a Z06 clutch in my car. I would like to replace the throw out bearing while I have access to it. The problem is that I can't find just the throw out bearing to purchase. I know I can get it if I purchase a new slave cylinder as it come with the slave, but I don't need a new slave cylinder and paying $250 is too much when I only need the throw out bearing.

Does anyone know where I can buy just the throw out bearing?

Thanks,
Mike McClure
'04 CTS-V
Old 05-15-2008, 06:56 PM
TECH Addict

www.sdparts.com might have it.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

Most caddy dealerships stock them.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2c5s
Most caddy dealerships stock them.
My local dealer tells me they can't sell me the throw out bearing separately and that it would be several days just to get the combo slave/throw out. Of course, there are a lot of places to get the slave much cheaper and faster, but I still can't find just the bearing.

Have you been successful getting the bearing separately? If so, what dealer?

Thanks,
Mike McClure
Old 05-16-2008, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikemcclure
My local dealer tells me they can't sell me the throw out bearing separately and that it would be several days just to get the combo slave/throw out. Of course, there are a lot of places to get the slave much cheaper and faster, but I still can't find just the bearing.

Have you been successful getting the bearing separately? If so, what dealer?

Thanks,
Mike McClure
They are idiots. Go to any gm dealer with the part number and have them order it. It should take a day, it's stocked.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2c5s
They are idiots. Go to any gm dealer with the part number and have them order it. It should take a day, it's stocked.
I agree that the parts guys at my local dealer aren't the brightest individuals. That being said, I can't find a part number for a throw out bearing for the CTS-V. I can only find it combined with the slave.

Can you tell me what the part number is for just the throw out bearing? FYI, it's a smaller size bearing than the standard LS1, LS6 found in C5's and Fbodies.

Thanks,
Mike McClure
Old 05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikemcclure
I agree that the parts guys at my local dealer aren't the brightest individuals. That being said, I can't find a part number for a throw out bearing for the CTS-V. I can only find it combined with the slave.

Can you tell me what the part number is for just the throw out bearing? FYI, it's a smaller size bearing than the standard LS1, LS6 found in C5's and Fbodies.

Thanks,
Mike McClure
It's actually a larger bearing than the standard LS 1/6. I'll check on the number later today, it's in my office.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Here is the stock throw out bearing that was on my '04 CTS-V next to a new bearing that came with the C5 Z06 clutch/flywheel kit (with a slave spacer) I am putting in the car. The smaller bearing is the stock CTS-V bearing and has an inner diameter of 1 5/8 in. The C5 bearing has an inner diameter of 2 1/8 in.

The CTS-V bearing has these markings on the side:

445 328
FRA01

Mike McClure
Attached Thumbnails Throw Out Bearing-tob-cts-v.jpg   Throw Out Bearing-tob-cts-v-2.jpg  
Old 05-16-2008, 09:05 PM
10 Second Club

Your totally right, I had a brain fart and was thinking pilot bearing. Anything wrong witht the one you have? I have a few laying around fro the V.
Old 05-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Thanks for trying anyway!

I guess I am stuck putting to old bearing back in the car. It's probably not a big deal, but I usually try to replace the pilot and throw out bearings when I have the trans out for a clutch since they are usually pretty inexpensive.

Mike McClure

Quick Reply: Throw Out Bearing