Cadillac CTS-V Classifieds Cadillac CTS-Vs & Cadillac CTS-V Parts For Sale

Maxflow stainless steel mufflers (Magnaflow clones) with hangers and 4# tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Maxflow stainless steel mufflers (Magnaflow clones) with hangers and 4# tips

OK, so I just had these put on about 2 months ago by a performance exhaust shop in my area. They sound great, but I'm thinking of going to muffler delete. I want $200 for the pair (includes mufflers, hangers and tips, ready to mount), plus shipping.

I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in buying them off me. They will come with hangers and 4" tips, ready to mount. Your exhaust guy (or you) will just need to cut the stock muffs off and weld these in. Fast and cheap job.

The mufflers are called Maxflow, made by a company called Jones (sometimes goes by Full Boar), but they are definitely Magnaflow "inspired" that are supposed to actually have higher flow than Magnaflow. Here's a video comparison showing slightly higher flow for the Maxflows:

And here's what the look like/sound like on my headers/tuned V:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/17098010-post64.html

These mufflers sell for $50 apiece http://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-mf2468/overview/

The tips were about $35 a piece. The hangers were about $32. The labor to put them all together was what cost me the most, obviously. I'm looking to part with these all for the cost of materials, plus shipping.

Again, the muffs are still on. I'm just looking to see if there's interest in them before I go ahead with the swap.

Cheers,
DAC

Last edited by DACTARI; 03-07-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Added some detail to the original listing.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you muffler delete before? I am muffler delete now (stock otherwise) and may want to tone down the drone a bit. I was curious how they compare seeing as you are headed that direction.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

No, I was running stock mufflers before. There is slight drone that is like a hum at 1600 rpm, but I've gotten quite used to it.

The only cure for drone is 1/4 resonance pipes. Drone is a function of the pipes, not the muffler. Some pipes (like stock and Corsa) have chambers inside them designed to cancel drone using the same anti-resonance properties. So adding Magnaflows to your pipes won't stop the drone, but may change the frequency, probably bringing it lower. Just have your exhaust shop fab up some J-pipes.

Here's a link to a guy who installed them on his V2: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ltz-pipes.html

He also links to a page with more theory on the basis for canceling resonance.

Of course, there are also Corsa mufflers, which contain a series of tiny anti-resonance chambers, but then you are talking $$$. J pipes are economical and get the job done.

Last edited by DACTARI; 03-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:26 AM
TECH Resident

I've already got tips I'm happy with... Are you open to selling just the mufflers at all? Price?
Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

No longer for sale. Decided to keep them. Wife worried that muffler delete will be too loud.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

So u just gona do the j-pipe mod to ur current pipes?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM
TECH Resident

Yup, at the exhaust shop now. We were debating where to put them. Decided on under the heel well. The other choice was along side the resonator, but we worried about getting tok close to the fuel lines.

Quick Reply: Maxflow stainless steel mufflers (Magnaflow clones) with hangers and 4# tips