Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

any canadian tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005 | 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Question: Did he/you have the 02 sensor in a cutout?
Old 08-29-2005 | 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93-Z07
So the meter goes to 18 yet you "know" it went higher?

SO there's nothing in between the sensor and the computer that could go wrong AND the fact that the sensor didn't come off proves it's working right?

Dude, talk about clueless.........

So there's no such thing as an intermittent problem? Dam you're lost in electronics....

Give your head a shake...........An 18:1 A.F. ratio would melt your fricken eyes in there not to mention your pistons. I suppose next your going to say that your car was running at 130*C cause "the gauge" said so.

Yes, most likely the damage WAS done already.....as in on the race track.
You're the one that is really clueless about the whole deal... you weren't even there.
As for the dammage, take a look here and you'll see that the AF did cause some dammage to the rings and pistons.

This is a video on how the car came out of ARE when stated it was in perfect condition:
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/Eugenio/hurt385.wmv

Since you seem to be a puppet... why don't you tell your master to give me my parts.
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
You're the one that is really clueless about the whole deal... you weren't even there.
As for the dammage, take a look here and you'll see that the AF did cause some dammage to the rings and pistons.

This is a video on how the car came out of ARE when stated it was in perfect condition:
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/Eugenio/hurt385.wmv

Since you seem to be a puppet... why don't you tell your master to give me my parts.
Obviously those pics weren't taken by you since you're to busy snapping shots of Nicks house and Jeremy's girlfriend.

From what I hear you still have an oustanding balance and the last I checked.......You never paid Autoworx to build you an engine, you paid A.R.E. that was not run by Nick Agostino at the time.

Let me guess.Those pics were taken from that "independant" mechanic you went to that had no personal gain from the results?

Are we supposed to believe that if everyhthing was in order, Wade would have said:
"Nope, nothing wrong with this Motor, it's mint"

You're findings have no credibility and if you took Nick to court, they would laugh at you (nothing new there) when they found out about the conflict of interests between F.T.R. and Autoworx and would not submit that as evidance so why should anyone else.

Speaking of..........You STILL didn't answer the question: Why didn't you bring it to an actual "Independent unbiased mechanic" in the first place, hmmmmmmmmm?

Nick himself did not do the test on your motor, he can only go by the info of his staff. In case you didn't notice, there have been staff changes at Autoworx. Perhaps these changes were made because of what happened to you and cars like yours, did you ever think of that?

You're too much..............
Old 08-29-2005 | 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vmax1500
That car was never right from day 1, anyone with half a brain knows that... be a man and admit it!
You're right, I admit it. Since day one that motor was not right.

Now you be a man an admit that during day 1, the fall/winter of 2003, Nick Agostino had nothing to do with A.R.E. and was not calling the shots nor taking Eugeneo's money.

Gee, I wonder who was...........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Old 08-30-2005 | 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93-Z07
You're right, I admit it. Since day one that motor was not right.

Now you be a man an admit that during day 1, the fall/winter of 2003, Nick Agostino had nothing to do with A.R.E. and was not calling the shots nor taking Eugeneo's money.

Gee, I wonder who was...........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Just to show how much you know...
my car went to ARE after the restructuring and Nick was the ******* running the shop @ that time.
He's the one in charge when my motor was built. and yes, he was taking my $$$, even long time Wade was out of the picture.
you just mumble while having no idea on the facts of the story... what a predictable puppet.
And regardless of where I bring my engine for inspection, matter fact is that ARE told me it was in PERFECT condition and with false leak-down test #s... and they still haven't given me my parts I had shipped there.
Bunch of criminals.
Old 08-30-2005 | 07:53 AM
Launching!

Eugenio you bought parts from a company that's long gone and folded so why would AutoWorx give you those parts???

Secondly if you had work done at the new shop and didn't pay wouldn't that mean that you owe Autoworx money?
Old 08-30-2005 | 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Eugenio, I know you are frustrated by various things that have transpired, but I just had a thought regarding the lean tuning thing. First off I'm no engine expert, but I do have a mechanical enginnering education and almost 20 years experience in that field. that said, if the tuning was that lean one of the first things that gets smoked is the exhaust valves since the overheated gases melt the edges while passing over them since they are almost knife edged. The pistons also see this abuse as well, but your heads were fine and I beleive you sold them as such. The damage in your picture to me looks more like an oil starvation causing scoring of the cylinder and hurting the bearings as well. We all know your car is set up very very G high loads and has only a stock oiling system. In fact this is one of my own concerns on my car and I'm not sure how to deal with it as Canton says it will only handle a 4.0 stroke crank. So it is either stock or a dry sump likely in my future too.

I'm confident that anyone that is a manager at Autoworx never told you your car was fine. That said they can not tell you, that you can not have your car when you insist that you are taking it. It is yours and have the right to do with it as you please, but that also puts responsibility on you the minute it leaves.

I know you wanted immediate resolutions and you got it your way, by going else were. You also know you bought your 385 from a company that was on the brink of bankruptcy when you bought it and it did go bankrupt. Hence the fact that the parts in your motor were not exactly as specified to the previous mamager who took your money and has done so again. Even though that company is not linked to the new one they were trying to make things as right as fianacially feasible. New money had to be made in order to get you and others taken care of. There is no mythical money tree to just get some more, it takes hours of profitable labour to earn that money to help you out. That takes time, which you did not have enough of. It is a real shame that it happened to you but you had really bad timing. In my opinion the guys at Autoworx are not anything but ethical and are walking a very fine line trying to take care of those who were wronged previously by others, that are no longer there (also not thier legal responsiblitly either) and keeping the current company moving forward and becoming profiatable and self suffcient.

I wish them luck in this quest as it is a very difficult task a head of them, while keeping thier morals intact. It would have been far easier to walk away and said screw you all. But they were men and stepped up to the task.

It is only logical that they will work with those that appreciate the effort and do not bash them first or ever. I really hope one day you can find some resolution, but considering the tactics I doubt it.

In my opinion those are the basic facts of this on going Saga.

I hope all the crap and cheap shots from both sides come to an end soon. Since it makes you all look far less mature than I know you all are. I have had many conversations with almost everyone in this thread and know you are better human beings than this thread would suggest.

Rampant

Last edited by RAMPANT; 08-30-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

first of all, the $ given was when NICK was there... Wade was out of the picture... so stop alluding to the fact that the $ was given to Wade.
The engine started being built in June/July 2004... guess who was pulling the strings.
As for the parts that are missing, the ones I really want were bought by me and shipped to the shop.
NICK decided to use those parts on a C5 from Ottawa because he started making a lot of noise... and guess what, he paid for them too... parts that were mine, and sold to another customer, while I was never told... and then constantly promissed by everyone I would get another nitrous kit.
Bunch of robbers and criminals... and I won't stop it until I get what was mine.
And as for the possible starvation, I had also paid for an improved oil-pump to avoid that kind of stuff.
I believe there is no magical $... but there is something called the truth and I'm a believer of no lies and BS... and it's something I constantly been told, even after requesting it constantly.

Matter fact is that they robbed me of my parts, lied about the parts put in my engine, lied so many times about commitments, lied about the engine, and NOONE takes no freekin responsibility for their actions/words or lack of thereof.

I'll say it again... if they can't handle the truth and the bad-press... then just give me my f****n parts.
Old 08-30-2005 | 09:30 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jim Mills
Eugenio you bought parts from a company that's long gone and folded so why would AutoWorx give you those parts???

Secondly if you had work done at the new shop and didn't pay wouldn't that mean that you owe Autoworx money?
Jim, I want to see how you would react if you just took the beating that Eugenio just did... it's funny how the exact same ARE webpage exists with the exact same cast... the only thing that changed was the address and phone number... if it changes again I guess they would not have any liability twords you or anyone else that they recently did work on... I wonder what parts are in your motor as well the other recent motors to come out of that shop...
Old 08-30-2005 | 09:40 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RAMPANT
Eugenio, I know you are frustrated by various things that have transpired, but I just had a thought regarding the lean tuning thing. First off I'm no engine expert, but I do have a mechanical enginnering education and almost 20 years experience in that field. that said, if the tuning was that lean one of the first things that gets smoked is the exhaust valves since the overheated gases melt the edges while passing over them since they are almost knife edged. The pistons also see this abuse as well, but your heads were fine and I beleive you sold them as such. The damage in your picture to me looks more like an oil starvation causing scoring of the cylinder and hurting the bearings as well. We all know your car is set up very very G high loads and has only a stock oiling system. In fact this is one of my own concerns on my car and I'm not sure how to deal with it as Canton says it will only handle a 4.0 stroke crank. So it is either stock or a dry sump likely in my future too.

I'm confident that anyone that is a manager at Autoworx never told you your car was fine. That said they can not tell you, that you can not have your car when you insist that you are taking it. It is yours and have the right to do with it as you please, but that also puts responsibility on you the minute it leaves.

I know you wanted immediate resolutions and you got it your way, by going else were. You also know you bought your 385 from a company that was on the brink of bankruptcy when you bought it and it did go bankrupt. Hence the fact that the parts in your motor were not exactly as specified to the previous mamager who took your money and has done so again. Even though that company is not linked to the new one they were trying to make things as right as fianacially feasible. New money had to be made in order to get you and others taken care of. There is no mythical money tree to just get some more, it takes hours of profitable labour to earn that money to help you out. That takes time, which you did not have enough of. It is a real shame that it happened to you but you had really bad timing. In my opinion the guys at Autoworx are not anything but ethical and are walking a very fine line trying to take care of those who were wronged previously by others, that are no longer there (also not thier legal responsiblitly either) and keeping the current company moving forward and becoming profiatable and self suffcient.

I wish them luck in this quest as it is a very difficult task a head of them, while keeping thier morals intact. It would have been far easier to walk away and said screw you all. But they were men and stepped up to the task.

It is only logical that they will work with those that appreciate the effort and do not bash them first or ever. I really hope one day you can find some resolution, but considering the tactics I doubt it.

In my opinion those are the basic facts of this on going Saga.

I hope all the crap and cheap shots from both sides come to an end soon. Since it makes you all look far less mature than I know you all are. I have had many conversations with almost everyone in this thread and know you are better human beings than this thread would suggest.

Rampant
Dale, I want you to know that if you got screwed like Eugenio did I would stand behind you as well... having said that, it has already been admitted by several people from ARE/Autoworks that Eugenio's motor was not right from day 1... it's also a fact that several people at the shop knew the motor was hurt when Eugenio came to pick it up and no one had the courage or the decency to step up to the plate and admit the truth... if you are going to screw someone at least do it to their face...

Don't try to blame the condition of his motor on the fact that he raced the car when the only racing that car saw was racing from Montreal to Toronto and back...

I know you don't like to hear this Dale... but as much as I value your friendship, I also value Eugenio's and it really upsets me to see him going through this crap and then to hear people like you and Jim justify things...

I do believe Frankie is a straight up guy and has good intentions for Autoworks... on the other hand, the ARE part of the house is whole other story...
Old 08-30-2005 | 09:48 AM
Launching!

Andre, I don't know how I would react but I know legally there is nothing I could do. You're a smart guy... they did more than just change the phone number and address. What liability would they have towards me? I paid for a package that I can have fun with and race occasionally. If I do more damange to my car I don't expect them or anyone to cover it. I find it funny that people beat the living **** out of their cars and expect the shops to cover the damage under warranty. When my car went into the shop it went in for a Street Eliminator H/C which is what I got. I didn't sit down and list out parts that I wanted to buy... I bought a package and if I had any concerns about what was going into my motor then it would have never gone to the shop in the first place. I had a few issues with my set-up but they got sorted out.

The only real issues I have from Autoworx are with the little weasel (no longer an employee)
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:01 AM
Teching In

The only real issues I have from Autoworx are with the little weasel (no longer an employee)
.... LOL!

Who are you talking about Jim?

Old 08-30-2005 | 10:02 AM
8 Second Club

That's fine Jim... but why would they mislead him and keep having bring the car back and having it just sit there for weeks and weeks at a time... knowing it had problems and not doing anything about it or even telling him about it... if they had the intention to wash thier hands of his problems then they should have had the ***** to tell him that at the beginning of this season instead of stringing him along... now he lost a 2nd season as well as having to pay for the job to get done right...

You think the 'little weasel' was the source of the problems? How about the 'big weasel' who ARE's name is based on?

All Eugenio was asking for was the actual parts he paid for... he was not even asking for labour... what has he recieved?

Last edited by vmax1500; 08-30-2005 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by vmax1500
Dale, I want you to know that if you got screwed like Eugenio did I would stand behind you as well... having said that, it has already been admitted by several people from ARE/Autoworks that Eugenio's motor was not right from day 1... it's also a fact that several people at the shop knew the motor was hurt when Eugenio came to pick it up and no one had the courage or the decency to step up to the plate and admit the truth... if you are going to screw someone at least do it to their face...

Don't try to blame the condition of his motor on the fact that he raced the car when the only racing that car saw was racing from Montreal to Toronto and back...

I know you don't like to hear this Dale... but as much as I value your friendship, I also value Eugenio's and it really upsets me to see him going through this crap and then to hear people like you and Jim justify things...

I do believe Frankie is a straight up guy and has good intentions for Autoworks... on the other hand, the ARE part of the house is whole other story...
I will agree to disagree with you.

The whole story was set in motion when the order for the motor placed and the companies finacial stauts at that time. That company is gone and no one can change that or why it happened.

As I stated above I would have liked very much to see Eugenio get some resolution, even still. Then again this is a different company all together that has been trying to make things right. you do not see that very often in the business world.

There is a lot of BS in the dealings on all sides of this fiasco and I feel Eugenio has been hurts as much as ARE has. Plus a lot have had involvement that have nothing to lose, but keep making comments anyway just for the hell of it.

So after the threats and name calling you expect them to take care of a non existent companies previous issues. In fact I sent you a PM with opinion on this a very long time ago. Your approach has worked wonders Andre, in fact this approach rarely works, if ever.

If I had a customer that has treated me like crap, then he calls me on a Friday afternoon asking for help, I will tell him to call back on Monday. If it was a good customer I will work Saturday and Sunday to help him out anyway I can. Respect gets you respect. I do believe that Eugenio was showing respect and was going to get resolution, but that changed didn't it.

Unforunately when you post all this stuff on the internet not every one is going to agree with you. Every one has an opinion and this is mine.

Rampant
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Guys, the bottom line is this....

A successful business will:

1) Deliver a quaility product/service
2) Deliver that product/service on time and within budget
3) Deliver exactly what was agreed upon with the customer
4) Stand behind their work
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DR.ZED
.... LOL!

Who are you talking about Jim?

You know exactly who I'm talking about you jackass...

Andre I don't think Cam was the source of the problems I didn't say that so don't try and read that into my post. Let me make it easy for you to read The only real issues I have from Autoworx are with the little weasel

Last edited by Jim Mills; 08-30-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eugenio was gonna get resolution
I was being avoided constantly.
I just want my parts... I don't give a **** about the status of the engine... they can't do the work, I do it where they are willing and competent to do so.
I'm fed up of begging for work to be done on the engine for almost 2 years.
My parts are MY parts... and there is no reason to use them towards other cars... especially without my consent.
They promised me those parts back, and once more, it's just BS and lies... that's the values they abide with.
I'll state it again... if they want peace and quiet... give me my parts.

trying to do the right thing... where does constant lying and bs fall into that, especially that I'm an very understanding and patient guy.
I can handle the truth.
Old 08-30-2005 | 10:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CHRISPY
Guys, the bottom line is this....

A successful business will:

1) Deliver a quaility product/service
2) Deliver that product/service on time and within budget
3) Deliver exactly what was agreed upon with the customer
4) Stand behind their work
I agree with you 99% Chris... As long as #4 doesn't mean that when you go out and beat the hell out of your car, race it on the street and track and expect to drop off the keys and not pay a cent when parts break.
Old 08-30-2005 | 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you 99% Chris... As long as #4 doesn't mean that when you go out and beat the hell out of your car, race it on the street and track and expect to drop off the keys and not pay a cent when parts break.
Of course I dont mean that But if you startup your new car and the trans falls on the ground then it should be taken care of at no expense If it lets go on the dyno before delivery to the customer then it should be taken care of etc.

If you pound the bejesus out of the car that is different of course

Having a written warranty outlining exactly what is covered is important.

MTI for example does 2 years 24K miles full warranty provided no power adder is used.

Old 08-30-2005 | 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
Eugenio was gonna get resolution
I was being avoided constantly.
I just want my parts... I don't give a **** about the status of the engine... they can't do the work, I do it where they are willing and competent to do so.
I'm fed up of begging for work to be done on the engine for almost 2 years.
My parts are MY parts... and there is no reason to use them towards other cars... especially without my consent.
They promised me those parts back, and once more, it's just BS and lies... that's the values they abide with.
I'll state it again... if they want peace and quiet... give me my parts.

trying to do the right thing... where does constant lying and bs fall into that, especially that I'm an very understanding and patient guy.
I can handle the truth.
None of this is meant as a slight against you Eugenio, I do think I understand how you feel.

I did say I believe you were going to be taken care of, though I can not state that for sure as it is only my opinion based on my observation of people and events. Just as you can not prove that you would not have gotten any resolution if the path you were on had been maintained. You ran out of time and patience, I can not say I blame you either.

I always try to look at things as if I was in the other persons shoes. I think I understand both sides from what I have seen and heard and must admit I'm not surprised by either sides reactions. though I do not agree with either in this case. If I knew the answers to make all parties happy, I would become a great Union negotiator and make millions for a few weeks work a year.

Rampant

Quick Reply: any canadian tuners??