Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Any good LS1 speed shop in Canada near Quebec??

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Any good LS1 speed shop in Canada near Quebec??

Hi everyone!!
I'm looking forward getting the best tune possible for my car instead of my predator tuning...Anyone knows a good LS1 tuning shop in Canada or USA near Quebec province???...Boston...New York...Ontario...Toronto...etc

...and how much should I pay for it?...and is it worth it at all??

thanks!!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you in Quebec? Theres a couple places in Toronto that do tuning on our cars.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Get ahold of Dave @ canadian performance. He is a sponsor here and yes the tune will be worth it.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave DiLuca at www.cdnperf.com or you can PM him on here (SLED28).

His shop and employees are top notch!

Tony.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Yes I live in Quebec city...

thanks for the info guys, I''ll get in touch with the right person...
Old 04-19-2007, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

EDITED by Admin: Non-advertising vendor links not permitted

Dude, if you live in Quebec city, I'm your man! I'm staying there too! I'll have to see your car also!

Maybe you know about Brossard Performance

He's been building muscle cars since 1975, the guy there, Claude, knows about drag racing and our cars man. You want that guy. I worked there a couple of times in the past and I know well the guys that works there. Professionals.

There's also another shop I know that built quiet good ls1s as well, Julien Performance

Guys does about anything, from import to domestic. He made a nice camaro a year back, ran 10.8 on the 1/4 mile. They also have their own dyno there.

If you want, you can give me a call, I'll be happy to help pointing out the good stuffs in Quebec. Just send me a PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Jay but Julien doesnt have any good software to fine tune my car...it seems nobody in quebec has HP tuner or other good software...I know Julien and Brossard are very good for the rest...
Old 04-20-2007, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

I don't know a thing about HP tuner, is it a computer program you run alongside with a dyno? Cause I spoke with a guy at Julien and asked him how he did tuned the cars. He said that he has to buy a lisence from GM in order to be able to play in your car's comp and once he has it, he puts it on the dyno and the comps tells him the adjustments ecessary and makes them direcly into your comp.

Just wondering btw, where you at in QC? I have a pal that works a Brossard that owns a 00 Z28 too, we meet sometimes if you'd like to join us. It's effin hard to find people with f-bodies in QC :sad:
Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Brossard? I live in brossard...the city that is Hey guys well im looking into getting an LT1 soon, so ill be joining the minority fbodies in QC Sorry to jack the thread
Old 04-21-2007, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

Jay, GM will never license anyone to play with there pcm's. That guy that told you that is just feeding you a line. There are two software packages that you could use, LS1edit which is the original and the newer HPTuners. Both work well but HPTuners is faster at loading the programs and more adaptable. Dave uses one of the best tuners and then tune all modes of driving and don't just strap the car down and go for full throttle. They tune for drivability also. Use someone that knows what they are doing as you don't want to risk all your hard work on your car on some one that doesn't know what they are doing.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

thanks pomp...but the guy at ''Julien Performance'' do know about HP tuners and LS1 edit. He's the one who told me that there was a very nice shop in toronto that can fine tune LS1. Those guys know what they are doing.

And of course, even if I buy one HP license, nobody knows how to use it here so thats why I'm looking forward cndperf to tune it
Old 04-21-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE]Just wondering btw, where you at in QC? I have a pal that works a Brossard that owns a 00 Z28 too, we meet sometimes if you'd like to join us. It's effin hard to find people with f-bodies in QC :sad:[QUOTE]
This is a very good idea Jay!! We should meet for sure!!! Let's show to all 4 cylinder ricer people in this town that F-bodies are still alive and kick ***!!! Yeah!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Hey f-body guys in Quebec,i don't know if you know about the mfba in quebec,but there is an association.I haven't joined yet as i got my ls1 in Jan/07 and just started using it,and now my son just got an 87 GTA,so we're looking forward to meeting other f-body guys.The mfba were talking about a dyno at Zeke'sThere is a company called Zeke's that was also SLP in Montreal,i know he knows much about ls1's but at this point have not been to or spoken to the shop.If you do find a good shop for a tune,i will be looking for 1 after i do some mods.regards Bram
Old 04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JayErnie
I don't know a thing about HP tuner, is it a computer program you run alongside with a dyno? Cause I spoke with a guy at Julien and asked him how he did tuned the cars. He said that he has to buy a lisence from GM in order to be able to play in your car's comp and once he has it, he puts it on the dyno and the comps tells him the adjustments ecessary and makes them direcly into your comp.

Just wondering btw, where you at in QC? I have a pal that works a Brossard that owns a 00 Z28 too, we meet sometimes if you'd like to join us. It's effin hard to find people with f-bodies in QC :sad:
Visit the Montreal F Bod club at

http://www.mfba.com/forums/
Old 04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

I'll have a look!!
Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We get together every once and a while and head out to Napi. We might do a dyno day soon as well.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pomp
Jay, GM will never license anyone to play with there pcm's. That guy that told you that is just feeding you a line. There are two software packages that you could use, LS1edit which is the original and the newer HPTuners. Both work well but HPTuners is faster at loading the programs and more adaptable. Dave uses one of the best tuners and then tune all modes of driving and don't just strap the car down and go for full throttle. They tune for drivability also. Use someone that knows what they are doing as you don't want to risk all your hard work on your car on some one that doesn't know what they are doing.
Pomp, the guy who was talking to Jay was probably referring to HP Tuners licenses. He probably meant that he had to buy the license from HP Tuners not GM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Go to Canadian Performance. Call Dave "Sled28"..1-416-795-6981..
Class A shop..
Old 04-29-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Purple Poncho
We get together every once and a while and head out to Napi. We might do a dyno day soon as well.
I would like going to a Dyno Day with other F-bodies!!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mitymikec
Go to Canadian Performance. Call Dave "Sled28"..1-416-795-6981..
Class A shop..
I got the info already, thanks!!! I like your 10.7 time slip with 150shot...I'm looking into that!!

Quick Reply: Any good LS1 speed shop in Canada near Quebec??