Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Batman
if you start a thread praiseing the engine you just built to have dynoed at 1,029hp then why would you only post the dynograph of a 823hp pull? doesnt make sense, and thats why everyone is questioning the numbers you posted. I love the car and its definetly got a crazy engine build but if you dont post the actual dyno im with everyone else in believeing its only an 823hp car...
I think your confused. All cars are rated at Engine HP not rear wheel HP. The graph is rear wheel hp which equals the engine HP when you figure in drivetrain loss. Thanks.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by evsmotors
I think your confused. All cars are rated at Engine HP not rear wheel HP. The graph is rear wheel hp which equals the engine HP when you figure in drivetrain loss. Thanks.
His issue I believe is that you are stating that it is 1029 hp while posting a graph showing 823rwhp. He is saying that it is "Ricer math" because you dont know if it actually has 1029, you are only basing that off of a 20% loss which may or may not be accurate. If you want to claim 1029 hp then prove it with an ENGINE dyno not a chassis dyno adding 20%.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Every manufacturer in the world should be blasted if this is the case. I have no idea who defined ricer math or what it is! lol Every car in the world is rated at engine HP and on the dynos they are all 17-25% drivetrain loss, depending on if its awd, rwd, fwd, automatic or manual. Everyone knows there is drivetrain loss and its no mystery when calculating engine hp. Nothing was hidden from anyone, if you don't know the difference between a RWHP Dyno Graph and BHP than they just need to be educated. Someone that knows about dynos won't make a big deal out of nothing. Just to let everyone know all the Camaros we have built are 99.9% all V8s (this is the first non V8), so don't try to say something stupid crap like Ricer Math because we work and have owned more domestics than all the ones talking trash here. So take your stereotypes and throw it all away.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
The drivetrain was 100% American. Only the chassis and body was AC.

Eg. the Hp WAS American.

Nice try, though.

Either way, I don't have a problem with using a Japanese motor in a 1st gen. It IS original.

I just want HONEST numbers. Not "we figure this much power based on such and such".
he did give you an honest answer..he gave you a dyno graph..he is not a dyno guy and he is used to using engine dyno numbers..he deals mostly with customers that understand engine HP..

look at all the new cars....

how many of them use RWHP?????????????????????????????? So you are saying that GM are using ricer math when they advertised that the new Z06s made 501 HP!!!!!!!!!!!!

its always the fat guy driving an old *** Fbody using the term RICER...they hate imports so much cuz they get beat by some of them and cant stand it..but most of them are broke and cant fix up their old *** Fbodies to go faster so they have this internal hatred for anything that is not american!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry, GM did not import a single part on the 1st Gen from China. Or Taiwan. Or Japan. All the parts came from Canada, US, and Mexico.

And quit trying to compare oranges to apples.

If the engine was a GM design that was manufactured in China, your arguement would hold more weight.

We're not talking about a "knockoff" engine. We're talking about a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENGINE DESIGN ALTOGETHER.

Your own words, sir. Copied and pasted for your viewing pleasure.

So, it made 529hp on pump gas and 823hp on race gas.

As it was explained before....

Quoting flywheel hp based on rearwheel hp = ricermath

I vote

Oh......btw....

If you're trying to impress us with the mad powaz of the 2JZ swap you have there.......

Would have probably been cheaper to have put a GM Perfomance Parts 572/720R in there and a 8-71. Would have gotten you a "real" 1000whp for a lot less money.

You fail at muscle cars.

People with 2JZs dont need to prove **** anymore!!!!!!

1) a supra ran 241 mph at the texas mile...no stock or nearly stock bodied american car has even come close to that!!!!!!!

2) look who has the quickest ET in extreme 10.5 at the adrl...A 2jz powered car (4.101?)

3) street supras running mid 8s in the 1/4 mile using a stock 6 speed, name me of one other american car that can do that...

dude...dont hate because your "american muscle" car is slow!!!!!!

he does an excellent job at building muscle cars...this is not the first gen camaros he has done..he has done a few others that are just as nice, but they had what everyone expected...so it was no big deal!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Would have probably been cheaper to have put a GM Perfomance Parts 572/720R in there and a 8-71. Would have gotten you a "real" 1000whp for a lot less money.

You fail at muscle cars.

have you even had a car that made a "real" 1000HP??

i would like to see your credentials...i know how much it costs to make a "real" 1000hp with a 2JZ....i highly doubt that you can make 1000hp with another motor at a price much less than a 2JZ

you said he failed...what have you achieved??????????
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Every manufacturer in the world should be blasted if this is the case. I have no idea who defined ricer math or what it is! lol Every car in the world is rated at engine HP and on the dynos they are all 17-25% drivetrain loss, depending on if its awd, rwd, fwd, automatic or manual. Everyone knows there is drivetrain loss and its no mystery when calculating engine hp. Nothing was hidden from anyone, if you don't know the difference between a RWHP Dyno Graph and BHP than they just need to be educated. Someone that knows about dynos won't make a big deal out of nothing. Just to let everyone know all the Camaros we have built are 99.9% all V8s (this is the first non V8), so don't try to say something stupid crap like Ricer Math because we work and have owned more domestics than all the ones talking trash here. So take your stereotypes and throw it all away.
While I don't want to get into this really immature debate, manufacturers dyno test their engines at the flywheels, not the drive wheels. So their flywheel numbers are accurate to go by.
Honestly just ignore the idiots that present stupid arguments.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Launching!

all bullshit aside i love camaros and wouldnt trade mine 4 anything but my first love was a supra till this day i still want one .......i also want a 04 cobra so badly : drool: but im going crazy with this argument i say we all end it with everyone pitching in 2 buy me a supra and a terminator.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sc300
People with 2JZs dont need to prove **** anymore!!!!!!
1) a supra ran 241 mph at the texas mile...no stock or nearly stock bodied american car has even come close to that!!!!!!!
No 2JZ powered car has ever gone over 250mph, therefore none can.

2) look who has the quickest ET in extreme 10.5 at the adrl...A 2jz powered car (4.101?)
What is this supposed to prove?

3) street supras running mid 8s in the 1/4 mile using a stock 6 speed, name me of one other american car that can do that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_51lF-RnY

dude...dont hate because your "american muscle" car is slow!!!!!!
Your just the other side of the coin, no reason for you to hate either.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
No 2JZ powered car has ever gone over 250mph, therefore none can.

What is this supposed to prove?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_51lF-RnY

Your just the other side of the coin, no reason for you to hate either.
are you referring to 250mph in the mile?? or 250mph max??? because im sure SW's supra will hit 250 if he had more room..he was in 5th gear and had another gear to go!!!!!!!!

if you gonna show me that video..atleast know what you're talking about..that is not is stock 6 speed! the tranny in that Viper costed more than most of the Fbodies on this site!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Launching!

are you referring to 250mph in the mile?? or 250mph max??? because im sure SW's supra will hit 250 if he had more room..he was in 5th gear and had another gear to go!!!!!!!!

if you gonna show me that video..atleast know what you're talking about..that is not is stock 6 speed! the tranny in that Viper costed more than most of the Fbodies on this site!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwZhWQYWcQ

look at this bone stock imagine what it will do with a couple of mods. i love supras but they arnt in the same league as ls7s and ls9s buddy and all that counts is whos faster in the quarter mile. ive seen 800hp supras still running 12s lol

Last edited by ls1passion; 11-03-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: link didnt work
Old 11-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Launching!

oh and 4 the record the zr1s are running 11.20s bone stock and some have hit tens bone stock show me a supra that can do that.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

the new gtr getting walked by everyone lol.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Can't we all get along? hehe I know this car was going to cause a debate, but it was expected.

I love 1st Gen Camaro's! There is no doubt about it. I am currently building a 496ci '69 Camaro and a Twin Turbo 383ci '69 Camaro. Don't think this is some antic from a guy that has no experiences with V8 Camaros. This is just something that we wanted to do differently that nobody in the world has done yet. Mission accomplished. Love the car because it still inspires collecting and customizing Camaros. A dream we shouldn't let go of. This project opens the doors to a lot of people that dont know much about old school Camaros, now they will understand how special this American Icon is.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1passion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwZhWQYWcQ

look at this bone stock imagine what it will do with a couple of mods. i love supras but they arnt in the same league as ls7s and ls9s buddy and all that counts is whos faster in the quarter mile. ive seen 800hp supras still running 12s lol

arent in the same league????? so you are comparing a 70k-100k car to a 40k car that was built 15 years ago??

you're right...all it counts is who finish in the 1/4 mile first...let me know when one of these LS7 or LS9 run mid 8s in the 1/4 mile with a stock 6 speed!!

they cant even get out of the ******* 10s without breaking the rearends, axles, trannies, etc.. LOL
Old 11-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

arent in the same league????? so you are comparing a 70k-100k car to a 40k car that was built 15 years ago??

you're right...all it counts is who finish in the 1/4 mile first...let me know when one of these LS7 or LS9 run mid 8s in the 1/4 mile with a stock 6 speed!!

they cant even get out of the ******* 10s without breaking the rearends, axles, trannies, etc.. LOL
I guess you know because you own a C6 Vette! I hear a lot of about it when the rear wheel hops and it destroys the rear end.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Clearly me mocking your logic went over your head.
Just because no "stock bodied" American car has gone (tried to go) 241mph in the texas mile doesn't mean its not possible.

It's Garth Weaver's car, with a stock T56.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...ged/index.html
Old 11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok the i6 camaro is fast. ls1 cars are fast. supras go fast. corvettes go fast. what in the hell is everyone mad about? who cars were it was made or what parts are stock all cars are just metal plastic and rubber when you get down to it. so who cars who built it or were it came from, if it looks cool and go's fast its good in my book. and yea i've rode in high hp turbo 4bangers and blown bigblocks, speed is speed however you get it.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z2fast8
ok the i6 camaro is fast. ls1 cars are fast. supras go fast. corvettes go fast. what in the hell is everyone mad about? who cars were it was made or what parts are stock all cars are just metal plastic and rubber when you get down to it. so who cars who built it or were it came from, if it looks cool and go's fast its good in my book. and yea i've rode in high hp turbo 4bangers and blown bigblocks, speed is speed however you get it.
AMEN BROTHER
Old 11-03-2008, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

DUDE you are getting all crazy over nothing... If don't like what other's say about the damn Supra then go to a Supra site and feel at home there. Man you are making it sound like the almighty Supra is the badess car on the planet.. WHO give's a **** if it can go 250MPH...

Quick Reply: The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!