Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!

Got a chance to dyno the Red Beast again after a new tune and new upgrades! Previously it made just a tad over 800HP, for the technical that is 642rwhp. Recent upgrades include; BC Chrome Silicone Alloy Springs and Titanium Retainers, Stage 2 Intake and Exhaust Camshafts, Rev Limit Raised and Increase boost from 28psi to 37psi on C16 Race Gas. With the new setup it made 905HP at 31psi and 1,029HP (823rwhp) at 37psi.

EVS Motors Camaro SS 2JZ 1,000HP+

On pump gas it's no slouch making 661HP on 93oct.

Here is the pump gas dyno

This is the C16 race gas run

Last edited by evsmotors; 11-02-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pump gas graph only shows 529hp to the wheels??

And the race gas graph only shows 823hp to the wheels??

Where are the 800/900/1029hp numbers coming from?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

lemme get this straight, you put a rotary engine into a camaro?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's a supra inline 6 turbo mill, not a rotary.

Not the point, though. I'm just wondering where we are getting these numbers from? Because quoting flywheel hp based on rwhp = ricermath.

Oh yeah, ricer motor in a Camaro, that's it. Just kidding, man. Seriously though, post up this mean 1029hp graph! Vicious!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah post up the bad *** dyno results!!! oh and on a side note...please ditch that weird multi colored wheel setup...both are cool, but why mis match?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

interesting..
Old 11-01-2008, 09:45 AM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Wtf?????
Old 11-01-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this video has been removed
Old 11-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Hp dont matter if its isnt AMERICAN.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
grb
TECH Fanatic

Wtf??
Old 11-02-2008, 01:28 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Man, breaks my heart to see a mill like that in a first gen F car....
Old 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Staging Lane

This is one of our many projects. It was designed to challenge ourselves to do something nobody else has. Something out of the norm rather than putting a V8 in a Camaro which is not difficult as every builder in the world puts a V8 in a Camaro. This is a Hot Rod and not a original car, a Hot Rod is all about custom parts and putting anything cool in the car. I can agree not to put a 2JZ in a original Z/28, but it doesn't matter if the car is a custom build. There are many Camaros out there with parts that don't belong on them. 6 Piston Calipers don't belong on 1st Gen Camaro's either, nor do those front plastic spoilers! Why do you think I say that? It's because most of the reproduction parts for a 1st Gen Camaro is made in Taiwan! Anyone who restores this car knows that.

Keep an eye out for it, as it will be featured in Hot Rod Magazine! The worlds oldest and most recognized custom car magazine in the world! If Hot Rod likes it, then I think their opinion counts the most as they are the pioneer of this industry.

We know some of you won't like this project and not everybody will. But don't worry we have a Twin Turbo V8 in the works.

Here is a great article written about Hot Rods and this Camaro by Race Industry.

http://www.raceindustry.com/newslett...newsletter.php

So what will the next generation of hot rodders be? What's going to happen when the great metal artists dissapear? What happens when the children no longer know the history behind the deuce coupe and what it's brought to the industry? Who will be around to continue telling stories about the legendary tales of a Saturday night out on Woodward ave? Let's be realistic here, it is going to be very interesting to see what will and what won't survive 10-20 years from now.

I'm in that generation almost stuck in the middle, and I'm a unique case. My first car was a gift from my father at 14, it was a 1955 Chevy Suburban. I had grown up in a hot rod family, my dad had long been restoring old cars, and I grew up with the sound of a loud V8 in my ears. I remember the first Pomona Swap Meet when I through a fit because I had finally grown to big to go around in a stroller. When it came time to start working on my first car, we got out of hand. We moved away from our initial idea of putting a small block in it and being done. We started thinking we'd just chop it and throw in a motor, clean it up and it'd be my daily driver. Well we all know how that goes, 7 years later I was starting it for the first time.

So what did I do in the meantime? Well the cool cars on the road where no longer American Iron, but Imports, anything from inline fours, to straight sixes. The thought of something with 8 cylinders, blasphemy. Yes they were still there, but they weren't where I went; just like most of those around me. I had a little 6 cyl Acura with a little nitrous kit. It was a fun car, my friends knew nothing of what I was building on the side. While I'm back to the darkside (V8's are back in my daily life with my GTO) I still miss everything I learned from the import guys. I always wondered what it would like to be to cross the breads. Well, over the years it has been obvious both industries have been learning from each other. Bottom line, we are all in the same boat; we want horsepower, we want to look good, and we are all seeking the same smile that goes down when we are in that driver seat.

I present to you a creation that I just think was to cool to not share with others. This vehicle has brought a lot of discussion around; among my friends it's made people angry and others confused. The guys down in Texas at EVS motors have created a great mix of great American iron with a Japanese legend. A 1967 Camaro powered by a 900 HP Toyota Motor (I can't imagine what many of you are thinking, the comments I've read on various forums across the internet show a wide range of ideas). But let's not kid ourselves, what was the original mindset of the first true hot rodders? Work with what you can find. So why not take a two legends and create something truly unique and they have done it to perfection. They've brought together the beauty of the lines of one of the classic muscle cars and given it complete modern technology, and great influence. I can only hope that the next generation can do the same, create uniqueness that blends what's new with what's old to only expand on the legendary vehicles that have graced the lust of the next generation to move on to create their images of "Hot Rodding" perfection.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The Batman
yeah post up the bad *** dyno results!!! oh and on a side note...please ditch that weird multi colored wheel setup...both are cool, but why mis match?
It was done on purpose to display the sponsored wheels.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cmccully04
Hp dont matter if its isnt AMERICAN.
I'm not trying to argue, but a Shelby Cobra isn't originally American either and it is widely accepted as a American Icon.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evsmotors
I'm not trying to argue, but a Shelby Cobra isn't originally American either and it is widely accepted as a American Icon.
The drivetrain was 100% American. Only the chassis and body was AC.

Eg. the Hp WAS American.

Nice try, though.

Either way, I don't have a problem with using a Japanese motor in a 1st gen. It IS original.

I just want HONEST numbers. Not "we figure this much power based on such and such".
Old 11-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
The drivetrain was 100% American. Only the chassis and body was AC.

Eg. the Hp WAS American.

Nice try, though.

Either way, I don't have a problem with using a Japanese motor in a 1st gen. It IS original.

I just want HONEST numbers. Not "we figure this much power based on such and such".
Thats not the point. The point is the whole car isn't all American, but it is considered a American Icon. If you own a 1st Gen Camaro I can bet you there are many parts on that car that came from China or Taiwan. Nothing wasn't honest the RWHP is noted in the post. That was never hidden in any of the context. Thanks for concern though.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you start a thread praiseing the engine you just built to have dynoed at 1,029hp then why would you only post the dynograph of a 823hp pull? doesnt make sense, and thats why everyone is questioning the numbers you posted. I love the car and its definetly got a crazy engine build but if you dont post the actual dyno im with everyone else in believeing its only an 823hp car...
Old 11-03-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you own a 1st Gen Camaro I can bet you there are many parts on that car that came from China or Taiwan.
Sorry, GM did not import a single part on the 1st Gen from China. Or Taiwan. Or Japan. All the parts came from Canada, US, and Mexico.

And quit trying to compare oranges to apples.

If the engine was a GM design that was manufactured in China, your arguement would hold more weight.

We're not talking about a "knockoff" engine. We're talking about a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENGINE DESIGN ALTOGETHER.

Nothing wasn't honest the RWHP is noted in the post.
With the new setup it made 905HP at 31psi and 1,029HP (823rwhp) at 37psi.
Your own words, sir. Copied and pasted for your viewing pleasure.

So, it made 529hp on pump gas and 823hp on race gas.

As it was explained before....

Quoting flywheel hp based on rearwheel hp = ricermath

I vote

Oh......btw....

If you're trying to impress us with the mad powaz of the 2JZ swap you have there.......

Would have probably been cheaper to have put a GM Perfomance Parts 572/720R in there and a 8-71. Would have gotten you a "real" 1000whp for a lot less money.

You fail at muscle cars.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, I think it is a sweet car and most of the people dissing 823 rwhp have probably never driven a car with half of that power.

Unique car and sweet project.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Staging Lane

Dan I'm not trying to impress you, I don't even know you. Let's move on because I'm not here to argue with you. You obviously never owned or restored a 1st Gen Camaro. Sorry to hear that you are missing out on the greatest automotive experience.

Quick Reply: The Red Beast gets dyno'ed again! 1,029BHP!