Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

82-92 body subforum ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say. the admin on TGO really suck *****, as do a large number of the mods...

+1 for YB to kill time
Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Got a PM from TPI Terror, even though I'm already a member here I need to pipe up!

1984 Camaro (1987 ground effects), Ford 9"/4.11's, 36mm/24mm sway bars, Eibach Pro-kit, Walbro 255, quick ratio steering, LS1 brakes/rear discs, SFC's, LCARBS, Spohn TQ arm, Founder's LCA's, Spohn Panhard, Flowmaster 3">-4" y-pipe, Griffin radiator, MT ET Streets on separate wheels....there's just too much to list.

I've owned it since 1997, had two 383's and a 355, and ran a Th350 and a T56 prior to the LS1 swap. I can say with 100% certainty the LS1, even though its stock with bolt-ons, is my favorite engine so far. The car is an absolute blast to drive. Can't wait for the H/I/C work later on.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got the PM too over there lol. I'd say it would be pretty interesting having a subforum here.

TGO has become dead over the years. The only constant active subforum there is the LSx/LTx one. Other than that its kids asking if their car will beat someone elses, or someone wanting to build up a 305 (ok i admit i was at that point once).

I do admit the structure is good, but its flaw is lacking of a lounge. I showed the admins threads that are not technical "whats your cars name" "whats the weirdest thing you found in your car" among a few others stating that with a lounge, the technical forums could be cleaned up. Nonetheless, they still rejected the idea.

I don't have a 3rd gen anymore but i still think it would be cool, I've fantasized about what i would do if i ever got another one.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I still find TGO to be indespensible when it comes to working on a 3rd Gen. I've yet to fail in a search there for all sorts of technical info and ideas for my build. Its not an "entertainment" forum, but its easily the most extensive one-stop shop for vehicle specific info I've ever seen. I'm also a Jeep guy, and the JK forums have years to go to catch up with TGO in the tech department.

The 3rd Gen F-body is certainly in a transitional phase right now. In the coming years, I think we'll see less high school type 305 builders asking about street races and more serious/experienced hot rodders buying them up. Unfortunately, the 4th Gen is headed right for the teenage/trailer trash crowd and its only a matter of time until its in full blown "3rd Gen" status.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeavyMetl
I still find TGO to be indespensible when it comes to working on a 3rd Gen. I've yet to fail in a search there for all sorts of technical info and ideas for my build. Its not an "entertainment" forum, but its easily the most extensive one-stop shop for vehicle specific info I've ever seen. I'm also a Jeep guy, and the JK forums have years to go to catch up with TGO in the tech department.

The 3rd Gen F-body is certainly in a transitional phase right now. In the coming years, I think we'll see less high school type 305 builders asking about street races and more serious/experienced hot rodders buying them up. Unfortunately, the 4th Gen is headed right for the teenage/trailer trash crowd and its only a matter of time until its in full blown "3rd Gen" status.
I agree 100% with the indispensable tech and information. The Gbody forum and TGO have been some of the best I've ever been on!

Lol about the transitional phase....i certainly hope so. Maybe people will stop asking me where my mullet is for once.... It'd be nice to see some intelligent people owning them and taking care of em.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

its probably a matter of time, I remember an older guy saying how in the late 70s/early 80s 1st gens were as plentiful and beat up as 3rd gens are now (and soon 4th)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

This definetly needs to happen. TGO is pretty dead, there are a ton of ls swap 3rd gens on tech and theres alot more valuable information here as well.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
90z
Teching In

I post as 92purplehaze on tgo. I have a 90 iroc that I swapped in an ls1/t56 from an 02 ss. The car also received the 02's cluster, steering column, gas tank, emissions junk, and dual/dual catback. I'm in the process of getting the ls1 brake setup working so I can finally drive it again. I did all the work myself including wiring.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Just wanted to pop in and say whats up. Been lurking this site for a while trying to get my plan of action figured out. I'm sure I will be bugging you all and everyone else as my swap un-folds

Here's my 91 Z28... bolt on 5.0L TPI with T56 swap, and bunch of other stuff thrown at it

Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet looking cars and plenty of people are interests in thi
I'm wondering who the main administrator is. ??
Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 90z

wow... i bet that intake setup is KILLING your kpa at wot need a better cai brotha!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone know an administrator?
Because I see lots of good looking cars and most importantly lots of support of this Interest.

Agree on that Intake. I'm working on high air flow air lid for a so cal tpi member . The opening will mostlikely be a 3.5" or 4". It's ganna be a test mule.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
90z
Teching In

Havent gotten to drive it yet, waiting on brakes from my machinist. But, I kind of figured the air lid would kill some performance. I was planning on modifying it or going with a gto cai or similar.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

I have 2 3rd gens but have had several over the years. My plans for my '92 is an LS swap as it is sitting in my shop for years to comes.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
Anyone know an administrator?
Because I see lots of good looking cars and most importantly lots of support of this Interest.

Agree on that Intake. I'm working on high air flow air lid for a so cal tpi member . The opening will mostlikely be a 3.5" or 4". It's ganna be a test mule.
I know a mod personally...not sure if he'd be much help in here since he is a mod for the street racing section. Guess it's worth a shot. Maybe HE knows an admin lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tx91z28
I have to say. the admin on TGO really suck *****, as do a large number of the mods...

+1 for YB to kill time
I completely second you on this. I got put on probation for calling a guy out after he called me a stupid ***** 5 times. I hate that forum sometimes, but its basically all we have.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HeavyMetl
This is nice if you've never worked on a thirdgen before or if you're a kid but I can honestly say that there is NOTHING thirdgen specific I would search for there anymore. There is very little that is factory thirdgen stuff left on my car. I don't go there for thirdgen tech, I go there for a few specific people and their ideas on modding cars. Upgrades.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually registered for two reasons: 1) I will finally be getting around to this swap this spring 2) I've outgrown the budgetary and common practices of TGO.

I read somewhere that the two demographics are somewhat overlapping. TGO catches those under 20 and over 40, while LS1T gets all those in between. There are, of course, some stragglers.

I asked TGO about the possibility of a 6.0/6L80 swap, and got a bunch of crap about just going and a buying a 6.2L crate engine if I could afford that. That's great, but not what I asked. I'd have to guess that most here fall into a similar situation; finances in order, resources secured, and this is not their first rodeo (so to speak).

So, if you can get a subforum going, I'm in!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1nasty86
wow... i bet that intake setup is KILLING your kpa at wot need a better cai brotha!

I use the TPI-style intake with the LS1. In the dyno, it didn't show any restriction. But my engine is stock, just the Hawks longtubes... 362hp.
Attached Thumbnails 82-92 body subforum ?-muovimoottori.jpg  
Old 01-17-2012, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got the PM too, but I'm sticking to the carb section that I asked about over and over until we finally got one

Quick Reply: 82-92 body subforum ?