Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2001 Z28 Sc1

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 Z28 Sc1

Ok, so I own a 2001 Monterey Maroon Metallic Z28 Camaro. Thing is, it's a 1SC stripper with options. Doesn't have power door locks, power windows (Yes, I have roll up windows), or power seats. Car doesn't have a trunk release under the light switch on the left side, no cruise control, no traction control, ect. The car does have T-tops, rear defroster, CD player, the chrome 16 inch rims, ect.

So my question is, is a 1SC stripper with options in Monterey Maroon Metallic a common thing? I have gone on a few car cruises, f-body hand-outs, ect. and every one tells me my car is pretty rare. Well, is it? I haven't had any luck finding very much info on how many 1SC Camaros were built, so it's kind of leaving me hanging.

It would be great to know how many 2001 Monterey Maroon Metallic Z28 Camaro 1SC cars were made by Chevy.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being that MMM isn't that common, and then add the 1SC option to that, I would have to say that your car is pretty rare.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Teching In

I'd say that combo is very rare. Keep it stock and clean and you might have a nice weekend cruiser for car shows. Keep the miles low and you might even have a nice Barrett Jackson car after some time. Or you could drive the **** out of it and really enjoy it while ya got it...your choice though. Choose wisely!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not very common setup but quite neat.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. Everyone I talk to and show my car to at car cruises or get-togethers trips out when they see it. They all really can't believe it. Some people say it's pretty rare, ect. I wonder if I called up Chevy, they would know how many 2001 MMM 1SC cars were made?

When I picked up the car, it had about 37k miles on it. It now is about ready to roll 42k miles. Typical story...A lady who was a lawyer owned it, drove it to work and home to her garage and that was it. Had a baby, and wanted to get a bigger car. Had her brother sell it for her. I came across it by accident. I didn't know it was rare at the time. Ended up buying it and took it to a local car cruise and people couldn't believe it when they saw it.

I try to keep it clean. Wash, wax, and vacuum at least once a week. When I picked up the car, the inside still smelled new.

Thanks again, and if anyone comes across any info on my car, let me know.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Official Bad Trader - Unresolved transactions in Member Feedback.

I know what you mean! I have a 99' Z-28M6 1SC Stripper! You have more options than I do! The build sheet on my car had only Three options. T-Tops, Chrome 16' Wheels,AM/FM Radio! That it!! Oh Ya Took it to the Track 12.98 At 107! Not Bad For A Lite Weight stocker!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Hdtpss
I know what you mean! I have a 99' Z-28M6 1SC Stripper! You have more options than I do! The build sheet on my car had only Three options. T-Tops, Chrome 16' Wheels,AM/FM Radio! That it!! Oh Ya Took it to the Track 12.98 At 107! Not Bad For A Lite Weight stocker!
Awesome!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So, when you guys say my car is rare, are we talking like 1 of 10 made, 1 of 30, 1 of 100, or what? What would be a good guess?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I don't think there's anyway of knowing, unless it is an SLP SS. When you see people with "1 of 10" or whatever, it's because there was one option that they could look up. For instance, I know that there were only 778 white leather Camaros made in 1999. I have no way of knowing how many white on white leather Z28 M6 Y3F ("Sport") Camaros were made in 1999. My car has more options than I have seen on any other so far.

I don't think even GM has the info on the combination break downs. There is a sticky on RPO codes in one of the forums. Again SLP has more info on their SS's. You could find out how many MMM Camaros were made in 01 and how many 1SC's were made in 01, but not how many MMM 1SC's were made, I don't think.

But, if you do, let me know!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharpe
I don't think even GM has the info on the combination break downs. There is a sticky on RPO codes in one of the forums. Again SLP has more info on their SS's. You could find out how many MMM Camaros were made in 01 and how many 1SC's were made in 01, but not how many MMM 1SC's were made, I don't think.

But, if you do, let me know!!!
I do knw there was 1,485 MMM cars made in 2001. I can't find out any info on how many 1SC cars were made in 2001. You said one of the forums has the RPO codes for how many 1SC cars were made depending on year...got a link? I can't find any info on 1SC's.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I think we met at the Immortals halloween cruise, didn't we? Although you have a rare car, chances are it won't be a "Barret-Jackson" type car in the future. Those are more like the GMMG Inc. cars, not regular low optioned cars, they typically are the cars with a lot of HP but no options. Maybe like a stripper Tuner SS (GMMG, Berger, etc ...). I am not trying to say you car is worthless, it is worth a lot because you love it, and that is what truely matters. I have attached the production numbers from GM/SLP cars of 2001. You will not be able to find out how many 1SC MMM Camaros were built because GM didn't keep records of that kind of stuff, only individual options. SLP on the other hand did for the specialty cars (SS, Firehawk). As an FYI, my 2001 Camaro SS is 1 of only 457 2001 Camaro SS optioned similarly.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SS2001A.pdf (44.7 KB, 341 views)
SS2001B.pdf (48.0 KB, 197 views)
SS2001C.pdf (46.7 KB, 176 views)
Old 11-29-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
I think we met at the Immortals halloween cruise, didn't we? Although you have a rare car, chances are it won't be a "Barret-Jackson" type car in the future. Those are more like the GMMG Inc. cars, not regular low optioned cars, they typically are the cars with a lot of HP but no options. Maybe like a stripper Tuner SS (GMMG, Berger, etc ...). I am not trying to say you car is worthless, it is worth a lot because you love it, and that is what truely matters. I have attached the production numbers from GM/SLP cars of 2001. You will not be able to find out how many 1SC MMM Camaros were built because GM didn't keep records of that kind of stuff, only individual options. SLP on the other hand did for the specialty cars (SS, Firehawk). As an FYI, my 2001 Camaro SS is 1 of only 457 2001 Camaro SS optioned similarly.
Yes, we met at the cruise. I believe you even sat in my car.

I know my car will never bring in huge money like a GMMG car will, but It would be nice to know how many 1SC MMM cars were made. I guess you are right when you say GM didn't keep track. Kind of a bummer.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Launching!

hey where did we get those pdf formats of the production numbers?? I was just interested because the number on their now for how many SOM SS's with an M6 is different then what i normally knew.... how can we be sure they are right then?
Old 12-15-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BadBowtie03
hey where did we get those pdf formats of the production numbers?? I was just interested because the number on their now for how many SOM SS's with an M6 is different then what i normally knew.... how can we be sure they are right then?
These numbers are directly from SLP Engineering, specifically Jeff Yachnin (Chief Engineer during the F-bdy production). You can't get any more accurate than this.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

I got the hardtop, Monsoon CD and rear defroster. With just shorties, lid and a pulley it went 112 mph at 3400lbs with me in it. You gotta love starting at the weight that a lot of guys end up at after basic weight reductions. Is your 1SC rare?, no doubt! Unfortunately actual book resale on a no option car is the lowest.

Here is some info:
http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/build_counts/2001.htm
#6 44U Monterey Maroon Met. 1,485 5.1%

Quick Reply: 2001 Z28 Sc1