Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fox body guys! ignition solenoid? other wiring connections...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fox body guys! ignition solenoid? other wiring connections...

so for that ignition/power block I would just like to delete the other thing and delete the ugly wad of wires there in the drivers wall. so my question is do I just connect the starter signal wire coming off the gm starter to that rubber boot wire coming through the firewall and just put the yellow, black, hot starter wire, and alternator wires all on the positive post of the battery? any help would be great. thanks...
Old 02-16-2015, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

bumps
Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

bumps
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

post some pics so can understand better what you got going on.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Give us a diagram or something of what your wanting to do. Would help a lot....
Old 02-17-2015, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

these are the main wires im working with minus the battery and starter cables.

this is the solenoid that sits in the bay on the drivers side. its for the stock 2.3 but I believe it is unnecessary after switching to the gm starter and motor. (not mine)

this is a diagram of the three post design even though mine Is a 4 post design with the only difference being there is an additional small post that runs to the smaller post on the starter

Old 02-18-2015, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like everything on the red battery cable post is needs to stay to pick up power. battery cable can go directly to battery post on starter. the wire that pushes on should go to crank starter on S terminal. I would hook all wires that hook on with red cable now I would put on back battery stud on altenator. Run a heavy wire to either battery or starter battery post to carry charging current to system.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 76larkman
looks like everything on the red battery cable post is needs to stay to pick up power. battery cable can go directly to battery post on starter. the wire that pushes on should go to crank starter on S terminal. I would hook all wires that hook on with red cable now I would put on back battery stud on altenator. Run a heavy wire to either battery or starter battery post to carry charging current to system.
so what your saying is to hook the "S" (small starter post wire) and "I" (the push on red with blue stripe wire) wires together and that should trigger the solenoid on the starter so that the motor can fire up correct?

and judging from the rest of what you said I can run a wire from the battery post on the starter to the battery post on the alternator that will have the yellow and black/white stripe wires to run the 12v accessories in the cabin and run a cable from the alternator post to the battery post correct?

Last edited by lsx_production; 02-18-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good, I think about doing this withOUT key lock ignition.

Last edited by Jeff Smith; 02-18-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lsx_production
so what your saying is to hook the "S" (small starter post wire) and "I" (the push on red with blue stripe wire) wires together and that should trigger the solenoid on the starter so that the motor can fire up correct?

and judging from the rest of what you said I can run a wire from the battery post on the starter to the battery post on the alternator that will have the yellow and black/white stripe wires to run the 12v accessories in the cabin and run a cable from the alternator post to the battery post correct?
Yes I believe so because those other wires just need to pick up power. Looks like they were picking up power as ford had it arranged. You can do that by going to back of altenator or battery post at starter. Which ever way will work it depends on how clean you make it. You do need to have the stud on back of altenator getting back to battery somehow. Either directly altenator to battery or running it to battery post on starter to do that. Either way work it depend on how clean you want it, hope this helps. The little push on wire activates starter S terminal from key.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't worry about the coil wire.
Attached Thumbnails fox body guys! ignition solenoid? other wiring connections...-solenoid02.gif  

Quick Reply: fox body guys! ignition solenoid? other wiring connections...