Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SBC into a fox body mustang... Motor mounts!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SBC into a fox body mustang... Motor mounts!!!!!!!!!!

I am building a fox body mustang, dedicating it to a friend of mine who recently passed away at the age of 21 due to some complications from a car wreck that wasn't his fault. He was a big time mustang fan. I want to build a fox body mustang ( haven't decided on a year yet, need help with that also) and put a small block chevy with either a th350 or a th400 tranny in it. I need some major help. I was wondering if there are any aftermarket swap kits or if i'm gonna have to fabricate them. All input is highly appreciated. This build means a lot to me and many people and I just need some advice before I start. Thank you all.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

R.I.P
http://www.ajeracing.com/mustang.php
Old 12-18-2008, 07:21 PM

i am looking up a set up for my coupe 1990. what do you got so far? as in information ?
Old 12-19-2008, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

AJE or QA1 will work. I think PA racing has one for SBC. You dont need a kit. Just read the forums for fox swap or try this guy www.ls1mustang.com he has alot of experience with swaps. He even has parts for sale http://www.ls1mustang.com/joomla/ind...d=19&Itemid=29

I can help if you have more specific questions. I have an a 93lx and am using a QA1 for 96-04 stangs
Old 12-19-2008, 11:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have an AJE one with LS engine mounts. fits perfectly
Old 12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Did you have to do any heavy cutting or fabricating to get it to work? Is it bolt in or weld in? This is the company I've got the most feed back from so far. They seem like really nice folks.

Originally Posted by Qwiknotch
I have an AJE one with LS engine mounts. fits perfectly
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

AJE is the best so far. They have a custom built K-member to fit any motor in these cars. They are pretty reasonable too.

Originally Posted by 1 bad coupe
i am looking up a set up for my coupe 1990. what do you got so far? as in information ?
Old 12-19-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rockaholic5001
Did you have to do any heavy cutting or fabricating to get it to work? Is it bolt in or weld in? This is the company I've got the most feed back from so far. They seem like really nice folks.
No cutting or fabrication at all. I unbolted the old one and bolted this one right up. The key is to only put 2-3 threads on all the bolts and then turn them all equally until it is tight. Some people bolt down the front bolts and then the back won't fit or vice versa. If you leave them loose until they are all in, it will make the work a lot easier. Luckily, my front frame rails were perfectly straight, so it made it a piece of cake.

I had another car that wouldn't fit, but then came to looking farther into the frame rails and the car had been hit in front and had to be straightened.

The k-member I got from them was their new design. I had thought it was for ls only, but I bolted my sbf ford to it and it fit.

Quick Reply: SBC into a fox body mustang... Motor mounts!!!!!!!!!!