Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

passenger side header g-body

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default passenger side header g-body

I have pacesetters long tubes for f-body and they are hitting on the passenger side of the lower a arm mount. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? should i just drill the holes out a little bigger and try and move the motor and trans around a little or get a different header. Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

I am getting ready to do this swap as well. From what I have read this is a common thing with the pacesetter headers. Most of people and just denting the primary tube that is hitting the lower a arm mount. As far as the heater box they are modifying the heater box to clear the headers.
When I do my swap I am going to go with the BRP headers. I have heard they fit good if you use there motor mounts however they are a bit expensive.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

i had the same problem with my hedman husler headers with the brphotrod mounts with the trans bolted in the stock hole it was hitting the control arm bracket i just moved the motor up like an inch and a half and that was that.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
12 Second Club

Had the same problem on the pass. side with hooker f body long tubes. I had the passenger side tubes modified by a muffler shop that does alot of custom work. They cut and moved the 1 tube that hits on the passenger side. I have the John B. mounts.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If everyone would read and use the same combo, I doubt you would have to modify anything. I believe Roller406bu on here has posted what he used numerous times, and every still ask him what he used....
Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLWN1
If everyone would read and use the same combo, I doubt you would have to modify anything. I believe Roller406bu on here has posted what he used numerous times, and every still ask him what he used....
Yeah I read it.. Just like many others that have posted followed with words like "massage" and "dimple" "on only two tubes".

In the end, he still pulled out the universal fix-it tool otherwise known as a BFH..

I, like many others would just like a set that I don’t have to hammer, bend, cut, heat or dimple at all..

Supposedly there was a guy "burgers" that used TSP 1 7/8 headers for camaro and they worked..

Problem is the word "worked" may be interpreted differently by many.. I sent a PM to find out exactly what "worked" meant a while ago but no dice..

Its winter now so now hurry here in the rust belt.. Probably just grab the ankles, put the knee pads on and go BRP if nothing pans out by spring..
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the BRP headers, with my own custom built mounts, and they fit perfect. No massaging, working or hammering any of the tubes.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLWN1
I used the same header he used, but he used a different header on the drivers sideI beleve. And i did read his thread and i am using the same mounts as him also so it should have all worked if i read his thread right!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 80bu
I used the same header he used, but he used a different header on the drivers sideI beleve.
Yeah I noticed that as well in the malibu thread.. I just didnt think it was worth mentioning because its on the driver side.. Many that go the f-body route dont have trouble with the driver side so I just assumed that he purchased the pacesetters, after trying schoenfelds, and only replaced the one that gives everybody the most amount of resistance, the passenger side.. In the end, regardless of how much\little, he still had to play whack a mole with it to get it to fit...

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I have the BRP headers, with my own custom built mounts, and they fit perfect. No massaging, working or hammering any of the tubes.
Yep.. many just dont want to pay 800+ for headers.. I probably will go that route as it looks like a nice set of headers for the price..

I know it sounds like I'm whining about the BRP price

However I do understand that any long tube custom fit ceramic coated header is going to be very pricey. and along those lines, for the work hes done, its a very fair price.. I just dont have the cash to throw at it now as Im about 400.00 short.. lol Plus the snow is falling here..As such, I had some time to shop around for a cheaper alternative..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

I have a new style kit that is a complete swap that will have stainless LT with 3in ball collectors. The kits will be under $300 and the LT will be under $600 for stainless not coated mild steel. Also the BRP headers use a bolt on collector that is not welded to the header and the collector adapter that is un coated and the O2 bung that is not welded to it.

If you do go that route Jegs and summit have these same Hedman headers for under $500 uncoated.

I have a 1987 Aerocoupe in the shop I’m mocking up right now and will have these out in the very near future. This kit will be based off the new LHX oil pan I have and will not have the 1 ½+ hang under the frame of the LH8 as with the BRP kits do.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Teching In

I will dimple the header or have a fab shop fix the header for me. Thanks to all who chimed in!!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
FormerVendor

Also I need a 78-81 Monte and ELKY for mock up at the shop here in GA if I have any one is interested PM me
Old 12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

There was a post on maliburacing.com that was also posted on here a month or so back that schoenfeld is looking for a G-body chassis with adapter plates to mock up headers. I think schoenfeld is somewhere in the midwest so if there are people looking for headers that are in the area it might be worth calling schoenfeld.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by spacemanspif
There was a post on maliburacing.com that was also posted on here a month or so back that schoenfeld is looking for a G-body chassis with adapter plates to mock up headers. I think schoenfeld is somewhere in the midwest so if there are people looking for headers that are in the area it might be worth calling schoenfeld.
hell i'm in lincoln,ne....maybe see how my work schedule is

Quick Reply: passenger side header g-body