Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1973 RS Camaro LSX Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodarryl
I have that one and the other for the oil pressure, they just dont make one from 12mm X 1.5 to 1/4 pipe or 3/8 and 1/2 pipe thats usually used for water temp screw in sensors found in the fan controller kits.
Ah, I gotcha. I didn't read the sizes you referenced close enough.

Originally Posted by turbodarryl
I would like to use a screw in sensor and the only option I see is to grind down the threads on a 3/8 pipe sensor and thread new 12mm X 1.5 threads on it using a die.
That doesn't sound like a half bad idea, as long as there would be enough material thickness once it was ground down to size.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You have the Aeromotive cell with the pump in it. Have you had any problems with it? How do you like it?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dmracing
You have the Aeromotive cell with the pump in it. Have you had any problems with it? How do you like it?
I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it so far. I guess if I had to find something to complain about, I would say I'd think the pump would be a little quieter considering it's submerged in fuel, encased in aluminum and inside the trunk......lol. But that doesn't really bother me. Just the nature of a large electric pump. I'll bet that sucker would really hum if it were mounted in the open air under the car.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GC99TA
I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it so far. I guess if I had to find something to complain about, I would say I'd think the pump would be a little quieter than it is considering it's submerged in fuel, encased in aluminum and inside the trunk......lol. But that doesn't really bother me. Just the nature of a large electric pump. I'll bet that sucker would really hum if it were mounted in the open air under the car.
I've been tossing around the idea of their Mustang tank
Name:  untitled15_zpse8e2447c.png
Views: 75
Size:  26.1 KB
Old 03-25-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been tossing around the idea of their Mustang tank
Yeah, those are a nice option for the fox body cars. I saw them in person at SEMA in 2011 and was impressed with them. A buddy of mine is considering one for his 86.

Honestly the A1000 pump is a little overkill for my current set up....even with spray. But I wanted to do it once and have a fuel system I could grow into. I think it's a good investment.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a picture I took of a cut-away model of that tank they had on display.

Name:  134.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  69.0 KB
Old 03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

That's cool. I was worried about uncovering the pick up on launch
Old 03-27-2014, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a minor update. I put a console in the car. No particular reason I guess but I think it makes the interior look more complete and gives me someplace to rest my arm on those long drives......lol. Actually, I'm planning on doing the first four stops or so on the Power Tour this year and when the TA went down I started entertaining the idea of putting a tight converter in the Camaro and taking it on the tour instead. I've since decided to get the TA back together in time (I hope) but I do enjoy taking the Camaro out and putting miles on it so the console should add to my comfort.

Name:  IMAG1289_zps9rzdjn96.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  93.1 KB
Old 03-27-2014, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Looks great
Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having a real hard time seeing how that console is going to get you in the 9's this year! I figured you were updating us with the carpet, seats, inner structures were removed. I hope you know I am messin' with you. The car looks great as usual and now you have me thinking about a console, damn. I need one with drink holders and a little storage. See you on Saturday. Probably going to leave around 8-9am. Not sure how long the drive will be. I haven't checked the distance or anything. If you need me to grab anything from down around here give me a call.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great
Thanks man. The car was originally equipped with a console but it was trashed when I bough the car. I had always had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to put one back in it but it just hadn't made it to the top of the list until now.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tsnow678
I am having a real hard time seeing how that console is going to get you in the 9's this year! I figured you were updating us with the carpet, seats, inner structures were removed. I hope you know I am messin' with you. The car looks great as usual and now you have me thinking about a console, damn. I need one with drink holders and a little storage. See you on Saturday. Probably going to leave around 8-9am. Not sure how long the drive will be. I haven't checked the distance or anything. If you need me to grab anything from down around here give me a call.
What, are you kidding me? That console should be good for at least 2 tenths! Sounds good on the plan. Shoot me a text when you're getting close. It looks like it should be just under 4hrs so I'll probably see you between noon and 1pm. It's supposed to rain all day and there's still salt on the roads from the five inches of snow we got Tuesday so unfortunately we won't be getting the Camaro out. But 'll have a cold one waiting for ya!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice build nice work, enjoyed reading.. I sent you a pm regarding front springs.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
nice build nice work, enjoyed reading.. I sent you a pm regarding front springs.
Thanks man. PM replied with spring info.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:21 PM
Teching In

OK!!!! for one,, you suck!,, I feel I am owed a full 8 hours sick time,,, I started reading this thread last night late,,, was not feeling well (boarder line flu) and began to read this thread again real early this am,,,,,,, and called in sick to work!!!!!
this is one of the most informative threads I have ever read,, great job on build! I read the whole thing in about 8 hours!, , All 53 pages I would like to post more,,, but my wife is due home with the kids in a few and I have to play sick so I wont be asked to do some yard work! again,,, thanks for posting the fine details of this build, I bet it has helped a bunch of folks building cars and planning the build! I am going to rob a bunch of this info for my next build!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dinoindetroit
OK!!!! for one,, you suck!,, I feel I am owed a full 8 hours sick time,,, I started reading this thread last night late,,, was not feeling well (boarder line flu) and began to read this thread again real early this am,,,,,,, and called in sick to work!!!!!
this is one of the most informative threads I have ever read,, great job on build! I read the whole thing in about 8 hours!, , All 53 pages I would like to post more,,, but my wife is due home with the kids in a few and I have to play sick so I wont be asked to do some yard work! again,,, thanks for posting the fine details of this build, I bet it has helped a bunch of folks building cars and planning the build! I am going to rob a bunch of this info for my next build!
Lol....glad you enjoyed the read and thanks for the compliments. If you feel a little "under the weather" again and need to burn a whole day, read through tsnow678's build. His thread has a ton of great info as well!
Old 05-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Teching In

your killing me!!!!! I love the build brother,, it was worth the day burned! very good info right here, If I may ,, I would like to add a little observation to this/your thread...
for one, I see your military, thank you, as I am former military, and 25 year LE now.
your very **** about your build,,(again military coming thru) this is a huge plus for us strap hangers reading this,, you sort out all the little things, to the finest detail.
you also stated in a former post,,," I will have to go back and check my notes"
Brother,, you should print out these notes,,, and offer them up for sale,,,, I for one would purchase these from a guy like you, who has busted his *** on a build like this.
people don't realize how much work this type of build takes just from a investigation stand point, I do,, this is a real world, do it yourself build I think you should be very proud of, ( as I am sure you are)
or you should think about a how to book. I know about 15-20 guys right now who would buy it.
I don't post very much online, sometimes I see BS responses to questions asked, I'm not into that, this sight seems better than most,, I also began to read this thread,, and most everybody acted civil,, asked good questions,, and you took YOUR time and answered them,, that why I kept reading (all day!) this was a great read.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dinoindetroit
your killing me!!!!! I love the build brother,, it was worth the day burned! very good info right here, If I may ,, I would like to add a little observation to this/your thread...
for one, I see your military, thank you, as I am former military, and 25 year LE now.
your very **** about your build,,(again military coming thru) this is a huge plus for us strap hangers reading this,, you sort out all the little things, to the finest detail.
you also stated in a former post,,," I will have to go back and check my notes"
Brother,, you should print out these notes,,, and offer them up for sale,,,, I for one would purchase these from a guy like you, who has busted his *** on a build like this.
people don't realize how much work this type of build takes just from a investigation stand point, I do,, this is a real world, do it yourself build I think you should be very proud of, ( as I am sure you are)
or you should think about a how to book. I know about 15-20 guys right now who would buy it.
I don't post very much online, sometimes I see BS responses to questions asked, I'm not into that, this sight seems better than most,, I also began to read this thread,, and most everybody acted civil,, asked good questions,, and you took YOUR time and answered them,, that why I kept reading (all day!) this was a great read.
Thanks man for the kind words and thanks for your service, both in the military and as a LEO.

I do my best to help folks out; especially on this site because I do a lot of research on here myself and have come across some very useful information on here. So, I guess I just see it as giving a little bit back where I can. I answer a lot of stuff via PMs that never shows up in here; I guess folks don't want to fill up the thread with their questions but as long as they're related to LS swaps/performance, 2nd gen f-bodies, drag racing, or whatever.....I'm fine with answering in the thread so it can benefit other folks later on.

Thanks again for the kind words.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent you a PM
Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

I read this entire thread, awesome build. Looking forward to getting my own build on the road soon.

Quick Reply: 1973 RS Camaro LSX Swap