Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new mast motorsports oil pan ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MastMotorsports
No, all of our products are Cast, Machined and Assembled here in the USA.

We have our Machine Shop in Walled Lake, Michigan. Which is very close to Detroit and just a short drive to the Foundry that we use to cast our parts!
So Chris, how about that update?
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

No, all of our products are Cast, Machined and Assembled here in the USA.

That's worth something in my book. You should advertise accordingly.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was brought to my attention that I may have crossed some bounds picking around. For that I want to apologize to the fellas waiting on their pans and also to Mast. I do not sell oil pans and nor am I a friend of Chris from Mast. There is no April fools joke in the works. I am pushed everyday to meet deadlines and wish my customers were as nice as you have been to Mast. If Mast had the customers we have they would just go somewheres else to get what they want. I am in the self clinching fastener business and its tough competition out there. Right now Mast has the market cornered and that should bring high profit for them. I disagree that we have to sit idling by though. This country is founded on free enterprise and with that brings competition, higher supplies, lower demands and lower prices. Yes "back in the day" we did have to make what we wanted but take a look around yourself. The aftermarket car companies are a multi-billion dollar per year industry with plenty of growth to add to that. I hope all the kinks get worked for you guys as most of you are hard working and love your rides. Just ask yourself this, do you think companies are in the business of making aftermarket parts to help you out or do you think they are in it strictly for the money? If there was no market share to be had then there would be no aftermarket parts. Its your money spend it where you want but dont feel like you have dance around a supplier when it is not your fault. I will not revisit this thread so, peace! Just food for thought!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Old School Heavy

I don't think you have to apologize for anything Tony unless I missed something.

I will hang in there for a bit longer. I am really busy with new client work right now, so I can wait. However, once I get caught up, I will be wanting this pan. I am fortunate enough that if it comes down to me not wanting to wait any longer I can afford to just have a custom pan built. Hopefully, it will not come to that.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I am guessing Mast is not planning to release a pan that bolts to the LS1-compatible transmissions??

(Guys from Mast - this is your hint to chime in!)

Originally Posted by FastKat
Any plans to release a version of the pan that mounts flush up against the transmission as the other LS1 pans do, complete with the proper bolt holes for fastening to the transmission? I think that would be great, and I know I'm not alone on this one!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am guessing Mast is not planning to release a pan that bolts to the LS1-compatible transmissions??

Another thing! it would be great to be able to utilize the stock dust covers for the T56 trans. I just installed a Ls1/T56 into a 71 Chevelle using a Autokraft pan. It would have been great to bolt the trans to it and reuse the dust covers. Im looking for a different option for my 69 Camaro........

Troy
Old 01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is something we have talked about and did not feel it was a cost effective option. Based on the interest I have seen in the bolt holes we will definitely revisit the issue in the future.

Last edited by MastMotorsports; 01-28-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:18 PM
FormerVendor

I wanted to update everyone on the oil pan progress. Some of you have been given contradicting explanations on why the oil pan has taken so long. I do apologize for, what seems like bad information but the information I have provided was the most up to date information I had been given! Due to the problems that have come up with the oil pan we at Mast Motorsports have implemented a few different things to keep us from having this same situation occur in the future. Mast Motorsports is dedicated to continuing the advancement of the LS platform and the parts to transplant this platform in many other applications!

I wanted to share with you a few pictures that show our oil pan does indeed exist! The machining process is a very time consuming process and we have guys working 24hrs a day to get them complete. Each pan goes through two complete machining processes before it is ready to ship. This requires us to run every pan through the first process before setting up the machine for the second process and running every pan back through! As you can imagine this takes A LOT of time but I assure you we are very close to putting these pans in your hands.

Thank you for sticking with us through this process!

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-mast_ls_oil_pan.jpg

Ill add more pictures Monday!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Old School Heavy

I wanted to update everyone on the oil pan progress. Some of you have been given contradicting explanations on why the oil pan has taken so long. I do apologize for, what seems like bad information but the information I have provided was the most up to date information I had been given! Due to the problems that have come up with the oil pan we at Mast Motorsports have implemented a few different things to keep us from having this same situation occur in the future. Mast Motorsports is dedicated to continuing the advancement of the LS platform and the parts to transplant this platform in many other applications!

I wanted to share with you a few pictures that show our oil pan does indeed exist! The machining process is a very time consuming process and we have guys working 24hrs a day to get them complete. Each pan goes through two complete machining processes before it is ready to ship. This requires us to run every pan through the first process before setting up the machine for the second process and running every pan back through! As you can imagine this takes A LOT of time but I assure you we are very close to putting these pans in your hands.

Thank you for sticking with us through this process!

Attachment 276503

Ill add more pictures Monday!
How about a bigger photo Chris!

Also, how about a new projected delivery date. Don't be scared.

Just give us your best estimate.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Here are a few larger pictures!

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-mast-ls-oil-pan-mfg-2.jpg

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-mast-ls-oil-pan-mfg-3.jpg

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-mast-ls-oil-pan-mfg-4.jpg

new mast motorsports oil pan ???-mast-ls-oil-pan-mfg-1.jpg
Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

I ordered mine just over a week ago and am excited to see the pictures. Still starting to ship this week?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

What is the final price for the pan.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Teching In

This pan looks closer to OEM.
Great craftsmanship.
All others are flat, welded, put together etc.
Looks to be a killer pan.
If it comes out. The wait may be worth it.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Can anyone tell me how much thinner it is at the front of the pan compared to the retrolsx pan? Just don't want another pan that will not fit to my liking like my retrolsx and f-body pan.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Old School Heavy

There are extensive pictures on their Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1.311272949521

Here are the complete illustration and dimensions:
http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/..._pan_views.pdf
Old 02-03-2011, 06:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I suspect that reason is less oil leaks.
All the pans/covers on the Gen 3/4 motors are cast as they are considered as structural components by the design engineers. This, combined with the new gasket design should also serve to decrease the probability of leakage.

Looking through the Mast site, I still see no information as to clearance for a longer (4") stroke. The info says that most stock windage trays will clear but since the stock trays have to have spacers added (~.1") to clear the stroker rod bolts by the required amount, the pan to windage tray clearance is still an issue to me.

Last edited by scatillac; 02-03-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by scatillac
All the pans/covers on the Gen 3/4 motors are cast as they are considered as structural components by the designer engineers. This, combined with the new gasket design should also serve to decrease the probability of leakage.

Looking through the Mast site, I still see no information as to clearance for a longer (4") stroke. The info says that most stock windage trays will clear but since the stock trays have to have spacers added (~.1") to clear the stroker rod bolts by the required amount, the pan to windage tray clearance is still an issue to me.
What kind of car are you putting it in Carl?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Launching!

from what I can measure with the pan on the motor still in the car, this pan may have a 1/2" thinner profile at the front of the pan, the place I am having trouble. I can not find the price for this pan though, and will it be pan only, no windage tray, bolts, gasket, pickup tube? Starting to get interested.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by billsnogo
from what I can measure with the pan on the motor still in the car, this pan may have a 1/2" thinner profile at the front of the pan, the place I am having trouble. I can not find the price for this pan though, and will it be pan only, no windage tray, bolts, gasket, pickup tube? Starting to get interested.
Give them a call, but I think pricing is right at $420.
Tom
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedtigger
What kind of car are you putting it in Carl?
67 Camaro w/unisteer rack. The motor is ready to install now, but with a Moroso pan. This pan clears the full-length windage tray that is spaced .110 " for rod clearance. It does require a remote filter, but since I was already planning on an oil cooler (and have a high-volume pump installed), adding a filter to the plumbing is not an issue.

I'd rather an alloy pan (the Mast pan)for the structural reasons, but as yet, there are too many unanswered questions for me to consider it now.
Attached Thumbnails new mast motorsports oil pan ???-000_0007.jpg   new mast motorsports oil pan ???-000_0008.jpg  

Quick Reply: new mast motorsports oil pan ???